Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems relevant: Irish history to be written on the side of a bus for British people >> http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...ritish-people/

Satire obviously but, given a few recent things, right on the money.

Comment

Andy Serkis as May/Gollum

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        https://t.co/WZN63OzhtQ

Andy Serkis as May/Gollum
        Funny and depressing at the same time.

Comment

MEGATON delivered and probably the ultimate seal on the fate of May and her deal. 24 hours before the make or break Deal vote the European Court of Justice has delivered its damning ruling to confirm - The UK can unilaterally withdraw Article 50 without the permission of the EU27 and outright cancel Brexit at any time it chooses.

Comment

And yet some folks are still desperate to leave, I wonder why ... https://www.theguardian.com/business...xit-uk-economy

Comment

Speculation begins again that May is trying to delay tomorrow's vote. Corbyn has already referred to it as fact and the EU has moved very quickly to, for the 100th time, say no more amendments to the deal will be offered.

She shouldn't be allowed to delay it, it's levying personal career bias against that of the entire country. If the EU explicitly stands at no more negotiation being on offer then the options literally are No Deal, May's Deal or No Brexit. Have the vote and if it shoots down May's Deal and No Deal isn't an option they're willing to go ahead with then it blatantly leaves one option regardless of the referendum and today the ECJ handed them the keys to it. Literally months of severe damage because one woman doesn't want to lose her job 4 weeks earlier.

Comment

At this point it's clear that, even if you do ultimately go through with Brexit, Article 50 should be cancelled now and you spend 5 years or so putting all the pieces in place for an exit that makes sense for everyone and put that to a vote later.

Comment

Theresa. WTAF!? Seriously, GTF; I'm taking over this **** show now you incompetent moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eu-court-rules

MEGATON delivered and probably the ultimate seal on the fate of May and her deal. 24 hours before the make or break Deal vote the European Court of Justice has delivered its damning ruling to confirm - The UK can unilaterally withdraw Article 50 without the permission of the EU27 and outright cancel Brexit at any time it chooses.
                    It’s the only option now. May has to be removed as well effective immediately as she is obviously hell bent on destroying the country at this point.

Comment

Disappointed there's not Megatron in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        And yet some folks are still desperate to leave, I wonder why ... https://www.theguardian.com/business...xit-uk-economy
                        I'm always a bit cynical about these things. I mean these businesses are obviously betting on Brexit. That's what the Bankers do. The question is if you can suggest they engineered the current situation to improve their profits, which I think is a stretch.

Like if I got a tip that champagne prices would spike 1000% the week after Brexit, and I thought it was a pretty sure thing, would I buy 10 cases? Probably. I still voted Remain.

Comment

The thing is that a lot of these people at the top have positions of influence or are close to those who do. In your champagne analogy, you might not have engineered Brexit but you could be one of many who calls in some favours to at least nudge it closer to becoming a reality so you can profit from it.

Comment

Basically official - took the cowards option. Thing is, she has to survive to face to delayed date too, it'd be bizarre for MP's to not actively aggressively move against her now.

There's literally no way of salvaging this deal, she really is just intent on making things worse. Tweaking the backstop is pointless, even if they agree to make a change the issue is that her deal offers nothing for either side as opposed to just cancelling it so no-one has any reason to vote for it. She's obsessed about hitting one tick box, ignoring the red X's in 500 other boxes.

Comment

The Irish PM has said that changing the backstop isn't going to happen. The EU have said changing the agreement isn't going to happen.

Tweaking the backstop is only in the fantasies of deluded MPs.

We need to do this in the UK:

Because at the moment they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eu-court-rules

If only there was someone in power with the political will to make this happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X