This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    They've washed their hands of the responsibility for it, "The Will of the People" is the get out clause that keeps on being used.
    "YOU THERE! Young man! Why are you defecating on my front lawn?!"
    "Will of the people."

Comment

EU judges are now deliberating over a ruling as to whether the UK is able to withdraw Article 50 without the permission of the EU27.

You can see how your MP plans to vote in the Deal Vote. It's looking disastrous for May with 411 Against and 228 In Favour currently

Comment

Despite a ruling passed by the House of Commons, the Tories are to withhold the legal advice for Brexit. Says it all really.

Comment

We'll all be on the dole soon. I hope we'll have a good relationship with Hawaii.

Comment

without trying to sound stupid...the parliamentary debates regarding Brexit are already televised...doesn't this constitute a televised debate about Brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              At this point my position on it all is pretty much that I still don't agree with the EU as it exists. I also still think that Brexit was always perfectly attainable, I never expected to walk out on day one surrounded by treasure chests of gold etc but the idea that the UK couldn't operate without being in the EU has always been and remains a fairly ludicrous one.
              That was never in question, of course the UK can operate outside of the EU.

What you're confusing here is the leave claim that we'd be able to magic up some miracle deal with rainbows and unicorns that was somehow going to be better than the trading terms we currently have and have been building upon within the EU framework for the last 40 years.

That was always a fantasy.

Comment

That's why it'd be interesting to see how things would pan out if we stayed in the EU as much as leave, the issues that come with both won't have been addressed and won't go away and for the EU Brexit is just one effect of a growing issue it faces that as yet it's shown little movement on addressing.

Comment

Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer explained how much Brexit is going to damage the UK economy.

This figure is between £40 billion and £150 billion.

We currently pay into the EU (after the rebates we negotiated) £8.6 billion (2016 figures), this is a net loss of between £32.4 billion and £142.4 billion (or £623,000,000 to £2,884,615,384 a week).

Tell me again where this £350,000,000 a week Brexit windfall for the NHS is coming from.

Now ask yourself where the shortfall in tax revenues due to that reduction in GDP is going to be made up from.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 28-11-2018, 09:12.

Comment

Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer explained how much Brexit is going to damage the UK economy.

This figure is between £40 billion and £150 billion.

We currently pay into the EU (after the rebates we negotiated) £8.6 billion (2016 figures), this is a net loss of between £32.4 billion and £142.4 billion (or £623,000,000 to £2,884,615,384 a week).

Tell me again where this £350,000,000 a week Brexit windfall for the NHS is coming from.

Now ask yourself where the shortfall in tax revenues due to that reduction in GDP is going to be made up from.

Well now it simply HAS to be stopped from going through at all costs. The insanity has now turned into a very real tumour than needs slicing out and incinerating, along with all the people that suggested and started this madness in the first place.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-11-2018, 09:29.

Comment

"Now those Europeans have made us pay all this bloody extra tax!"

Comment

But the bus, Marty. The bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          But the bus, Marty. The bus.
                          The bus was a single sentence. The PDF on the reality is 96 pages: https://assets.publishing.service.go...c_analysis.pdf

It contains a lot of depressing charts.

Comment

Technically by 2023/24, from 2016/17 the NHS budget will have increased by a lot more than £350m per week so the government already has that box ticked... it's just doing that had little to do with Brexit.

The Bank of England is getting shredded for its doomsday analysis of No Deal. Personally, whilst I'm fully expectant that it would deliver a sharp economic hit I'm wary of quite extreme projections because they've been flat out wrong so far.

Carney has attempted to backtrack his comments. They ask him what will happen when MP's vote down the deal and he says he won't talk about hypothetical situations which displays the gross stupidity on show here. Still, it's expected to further pressure May to back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Carney has attempted to backtrack his comments. They ask him what will happen when MP's vote down the deal and he says he won't talk about hypothetical situations which displays the gross stupidity on show here. Still, it's expected to further pressure May to back down.
                              Not planning for the undesired outcome is what got us into this mess in the first place!

Comment

Yvette Cooper calls May's bluff on the No Deal scenario and May Matrix bends to dodge the bullet in MP question time which is showing that May shows an unwavering determination... on dodging answering anything at all.

Meanwhile, net migration from the EU to the UK has reached its lowest levels in six years

Comment

Working...
                                X