X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but without beaurocrats telling us what shaped bananas to eat

Comment

If its spun as an EU, looks like an EU and has the rules of the EU, its probably an EU.

Comment

The Facebook Data Breach scandal starts to slowly encircle one of the Leave campaigns with questions as to whether Boris of Gove knew of it. Both have pretty much disregarded the claims.

Meanwhile Labout want changes to the EU bill preventing the UK from taking a no-deal option if they vote against whatever deal the Tories agree. This is one aspect I'm a bit lost on still to be honest. The Tories will settle on an agreement and then Parliament will vote on it, the options are take it or leave it. If they opt for No Deal then what exactly do Labour want to happen? There won't be time to keep hashing new deals and remaining is officially off the table making No Deal an option that cannot be avoided if we don't like what is tabled.

But first Labour will have to find its feet again. First Corbyn tripped with members of his own party being outspoken against his stance during the Russia scandal, then he was fully tripped up by Owen Smith who spoke out against him saying he believes in a second referendum and was subsequently fired over the weekend. Now Corbyn is being publicly accused of being the 'figurehead of anti-semitism'.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          The Facebook Data Breach scandal starts to slowly encircle one of the Leave campaigns with questions as to whether Boris of Gove knew of it. Both have pretty much disregarded the claims.
          Honestly, I suspect that'll be a can of worms which, when opened, will just show both sides to have been guilty. I'm convinced politicians always break their spending limits.

Comment

Yep, it's one of those stories that feels like some media outlets are trying to make smoke where theirs little fire. Apparently similar claims have already been made twice and dismissed so it's being considered to be a fairly standard investigation despite the CA connection being made.

Even if found guilty, it won't change anything just as I don't think it'd be what brings Trump down. It's bad but there needs to be more of a direct smoking gun, everyone here will ultimately lay it mostly on Facebook's shoulders.

Comment

Tony Blair has once again waded in where he's not wanted and said that the Tories should block Corbyn from coming to power by blocking Brexit.

What an utter twonk.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Tony Blair has once again waded in where he's not wanted and said that the Tories should block Corbyn from coming to power by blocking Brexit.

What an utter twonk.
                I’d keep my head down if I was him and carry on eating my fat retirement pork and be VERY VERY VERY grateful I’m not rotting in a hole somewhere for war crimes.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-03-2018, 11:49.

Comment

Tony Blair is becoming the Bazelgeuse of politics.

Comment

Yep, he truly is the Beetlejuice of politics.

Comment

Just reading about the ongoing CA debate going on with a few cries of second referendum already echoing out but it seems like a non-starter.

The whistleblowers credibility is already being questioned and half of it seems tied to the notion of Leave over spending, though Remain apparently was already fined for the same thing and still outspent Leave overall making reacting on that basis fairly null.

That mostly means it would come down to data breaching, for that I'd expect any fall out to come down on individuals rather than the campaign itself or any government staff. It's too much like the other things CA is tied too, no-one at the top will fall on their swords for this.

Really, at the moment Zuckerberg is the one coming out smelling the most of compost from all this.

Comment

Blair continues to flap his lips whilst shouting to the sky

Meanwhile, Labour continues to suggest they'll likely shoot down whatever Brexit Deal is forged, ironically making No-Deal a much more likely outcome.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Blair continues to flap his lips whilst shouting to the sky

Meanwhile, Labour continues to suggest they'll likely shoot down whatever Brexit Deal is forged, ironically making No-Deal a much more likely outcome.
                          A grand to the person that shoves him naked in an air freight box and dumps him in Helmand province.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-03-2018, 12:01.

Comment

The contrast on facebook is interesting. The EU announced the new European Passport will be the same colour (blue) as the proposed new UK one. Of course it was a top April Fool joke. Loads of the Brexit supporters were posting angry responses and emojis because colour of passport is the most important thing whereas all the Remain supporters realised it was a joke.

But perhaps it shows the difference in how much the 2 camps care. Makes me wonder how it would have gone if all that anger had been suppressed with a referendum vote that landed the other way (stay). Riots in the streets?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              But perhaps it shows the difference in how much the 2 camps care. Makes me wonder how it would have gone if all that anger had been suppressed with a referendum vote that landed the other way (stay). Riots in the streets?
                              I think it would've been quite similar; I certainly feel there would've been demonstrations. Like with it being practically 50/50, I believe many of the people who voted Leave would've been emboldened by the fact that so much of the country voted for it; UKIP would've went on the warpath. There was certainly the perception pre-Brexit that Leave was a loose coalition of malcontents that seemed like a big part of society just because they shouted so loud, and the vote would've axed that perspective.

We still need to leave, though. I think mistakes were made and it's been a colossal ****-up, but the governments (not just the Tories, but the latter part of Blair/Brown's government too) made this bed and now we have to lie in it. If it turns out well, then that's good for us. If it turns out badly, I just want us all to make sure it's bad for them, because like **** will we forget who got us here.
                              Last edited by Asura; 02-04-2018, 10:45.

Comment

If Remain had won, to be honest I think things would be less chaotic but a pressure pot situation would be building up. It wasn't an issue that was going to go away, clearly people's concerns wouldn't have been addressed and the EU remains intent on numerous developments many UK people were dead set against. I think it would have kicked the can down the road by a long way but it was always coming and if the EU ever does proceed with unification plans it seems keen on then we'd have headed out anyway.

It's the same if somehow Brexit was cancelled. To be honest I'm not really sure what devout remainers who call for a rerun expect would happen.

The UK has forever lost it's special agreements, it's seat at the table and any weight with the major EU countries. We'd still be in the EU but would be treated with contempt by the others who'd see us as a reluctant partner at best. The second the Leave result came in the damage was done and permanently so. I think Labour is well aware of this and is part of why they've shown little thirst in challenging Brexit. They no there's little real mass public support for undoing it and we don't know the outcomes of reversing Brexit so much that it would necessitate a third referendum to make a final call. The true inevitabilities of life - Death, Taxes and Brexit

Comment

Working...
                                X