This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every paper promotes hate and division.

Mail is no worse than The Guardian, just coming from the opposite end.

95% of all Mail or Guardian articles I would never bother with as they are both as laughable as each other, but there are a few that are good articles.

I still read them all though, if only to give me an insight to how people who are looking at things from a different angle to myself see life.

Same with lots of the European press, amazing the difference in the way they report on the UK compared to how we do.

I did apologise for the Dail Wail link, I agree it is for knuckle draggers, but once every 12 months or so they do have the occasional good article.
    Now has a remainer as editor too, maybe a few on here will start to like it more going forward?

Comment

Well you know how some of us like to remind you that the default state of being for a split Europe is war? https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...wbayKUK07u66OE

Citing Russia as a danger to the international order, Williamson called for a tougher military stance after Brexit.

“Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality, and increase our mass,” he said.

He said boundaries between peace and war were becoming “blurred” by the increasing use of technological warfare, subversion and propaganda, and that Britain and its allies had to be ready “to use hard power to support our global interests”.

Comment

Translate: My buddies that make guns need more people buying them, so we are going to get aggressive with everyone, which will also make the public forget about everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
          I apologise or the Daily Wail link, but there is a great summary of the new Corbyn Biography by Tom Bower on there.

For those who have not followed his career it is well worth the 10 minute read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...naked-bed.html
          A book published William Collins.
          Which is subsidiary of Harper Collins.
          Owned by NewsCorp.
          Owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Comment

I'm no fan of Jeremy Corbyn as it is, but the revelation that he can't tell the difference in a blind taste test between Tesco and Heinz baked beans is truly damning.

I rarely post in here but most of that article is salacious gossip, filled with calculating lines like 'The man who many believe will be next in Number 10' designed to stir fear in the hearts of middle England.

Comment

Leadsom says MP's shouldn't be 'purists' about the irish backstop

And despite having nothing to show for weeks of waffle, May is to ask MP's to spare her deals execution for another fortnight just to ensure February is a total write off as well.

Leadsom meanwhile refused to rule out that May may delay the second 'meaningful vote' on her deal until the last week of March, days before we crash out

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                I'm no fan of Jeremy Corbyn as it is, but the revelation that he can't tell the difference in a blind taste test between Tesco and Heinz baked beans is truly damning.
                Truly a maniacal despot.

Tesco should be the winner as a truly British/European brand

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
                  Every paper promotes hate and division.

Mail is no worse than The Guardian, just coming from the opposite end.
                  I'll ask you this then if the Mail is wiling to stir up racism and xenaphobia in the interest of selling papers how low would they go to discredit someone whos a real threat their current buisness model. By posting links to there site and defending there writers i have to ask how deep down the Mail rabbit hole you are. you keep saying 95% of the stuff on there is rubbish but yet you still read it? I don't believe for a second that someone would read or purchase this paper if they weren't using it as a news source.

Comment

The idea that the Mail is no worse than the Guardian betrays a huge amount about someone who holds that view. The Mail is verifiably worse, by a long shot. Its history for misinformation and lies is well-documented and fact-checking comparisons have been conducted among newspapers many times over and it sits right at the bottom. Not by small degrees. The difference is huge. The only reason someone could hold the view that these papers are comparable in this regard is if that person buys into that misinformation and those lies because it backs up their skewed world view.

Comment

If a General Election took place now, a YouGov poll suggests this as the likely outcome:

The same outcome as now but with a tiny increase for the Tories and a small slide for Labour

Comment

Who the hell is converting TOO these corrupt self serving tories? I understand people not changing, but switching sides in that direction with the level of awfulness they are displaying is...

Only just discovered this but in the same breath as saying there's no money for anything in October, the tories agreed that there's an extra 30 million available from our taxes each year to subsidise Grouse shooting land. ****ing sickos the lot of them.

Comment

Capitalism. Supply and demand. Apart from our mates.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Who the hell is converting TOO these corrupt self serving tories?
                            I share this perspective, but similarly, I hope there isn't a GE soon as I'm not sure who I would vote for.

Comment

A GE at this point would solely be used to rig getting May's deal through, it'd probably be the biggest s***show so far

Comment

We are in a no win situation, as it was always said. If any part of the deal is a no-go by the EU

I.e. we want access to parts of the EU infrastructure without making the proper reciprocal terms, either in terms of payment or another mandatory policy.
                                Then the whole proposal becomes invalid. When a change is made that agrees to those terms, then the MPs kick off because it doesn’t represent what the “people” are expecting.
                                No freedom of movement , except for Ireland, where we are prepared to have giant ****ing loophole that allows people to move freely in and out of the EU without checks...
                                The media is as much to blame by this huge focus on it being “her deal” which parts of her deal specifically got voted down twice? That’s never in the headlines.
                                I mean, she even put together a group of know it all expert negotiators who presumably thought it would be easy to have their cake and eat it . Then they quit, presumably because the writing was on the wall as it always was, But was chalked up the EU posturing and “scaremongering” by the people who moronically thought we could create a new world order along with hundreds of new government departments, IT systems, procedures and policies all the the period of a year or so.
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-02-2019, 11:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X