Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that May has released that letter hopefully Bercow reads at and declares that it isn't a substantial enough reasoning to have a third vote and shuts her down at the worst moment rendering her letter obsolete.

Comment

Wow, now May is effectively saying she will not allow MP's to have any say on the Brexit outcome other than her deal repeatedly being tabled. It's phenomenal to see her say MP's can't discuss other options because they've been previously rejected but they can discuss her deal despite it being formally rejected twice already.

I mean, how on earth can she still claim any legitimacy over blocking a second referendum on the ground of democratic reasoning at this point?

Comment

The EU is to insist that if they grant a short extension of A50 it would be till 23 May, not 30 June as May has requested which costs the UK a further 5 weeks

Comment

Another update is that Macron has reportedly stated that under the current situation he will refuse May's request to extend Article 50 which means there will be no unified response to her request and so it has already been rejected by the EU.

Comment

I'd be surprised if they are the only EU member to express such sentiment. The EU has been very clear, they need a solid reason to give an extension and May hasn't given them one.

Comment

Maybe Macron is trying to force a second referendum? No deal + no extension = panic stations.

Comment

I won't lie, at this point whenever there's another General Election I can't see any justifiable way of voting for either party without both being completely gutted of every player in this. For Labour to still not outright deploying their last measure of formally offering to support the deal on the basis of a referendum and likely shunt things forward at this point is basically a vote in favour of No Deal which betrays every stance they claim to make.

Comment

May has called every other party leader to a meeting this evening for an hour. How much money to bet it's to bang on at them to support her deal rather than have any compromise at all?

Meanwhile, Bercow has allowed MP's to hold an emergency debate on Brexit. The debate will take place today.

Tusk will make a statement about Brexit at 4pm

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I won't lie, at this point whenever there's another General Election I can't see any justifiable way of voting for either party without both being completely gutted of every player in this. For Labour to still not outright deploying their last measure of formally offering to support the deal on the basis of a referendum and likely shunt things forward at this point is basically a vote in favour of No Deal which betrays every stance they claim to make.
                    Other parties may be available.

Comment

Tusk says EU will only give the UK a short article 50 extension if MPs pass the current withdrawal agreement.

So there you have it - time to stock up on rice and frozen veg
                      Last edited by MartyG; 20-03-2019, 15:21.

Comment

I would love to read a historians review of brexit in 100 years time. It's going to be comedy gold.

Comment

Won't need to wait, they'll nsil it within weeks. May couldn't have messed this up more if she tried... even harder.

By the sounds most MPs still refuse to blink as those wanting a ref/GE therefore long term extension see voting her deal down as the only way whereas hard Brexiters see voting it down as the final hurdle to achieving No Deal. She's a sodding idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I'd be surprised if they are the only EU member to express such sentiment. The EU has been very clear, they need a solid reason to give an extension and May hasn't given them one.
                            ... Spain and Belgium are ready to veto a Brexit extension

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Tusk says EU will only give the UK a short article 50 extension if MPs pass the current withdrawal agreement.

So there you have it - time to stock up on rice and frozen veg
                              I was really confused by that, if they agree the withdrawal agreement then surely extension is not needed....as i thought the extension was to change the withdrawal agreement

Comment

I think the extension is to give us time to sort stuff out if we agree the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X