Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So instead of cancelling article 50, remaining and simply accepting egg on her face and blaming it all on the previous person in charge (which any sane person would do at this stage) they are actually trying to push whatever napkin plan they have scrawled down through, their actually going to do it?

Time for a vote of no confidence on the entire parliament. They’ve all lost their f*****g minds.

Comment

Yeah, this one is hilarious. A public appeal to please support this deal while then threatening Europe about the deal. How does she think that's going to work out?

Comment

What the actual **** is going on!?

Imagine this was a project at your current place of work. That project would have been cancelled long, long before now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Imagine this was a project at your current place of work. That project would have been cancelled long, long before now.
          Not if your boss had some dodgy financial gain out of it.

f*** the people...and their will!

Comment

With the person that suggested it (promoted) to the broom closet where the rats hopefully eat them.

Comment

Car number plates. Many of them have EU stars. I presume they will be funding their replacement with sanctioned boring ones?

Comment

Project Champion: If we implement this project it'll save us £350million per week

Everyone: Holy crap! Let's do it!

*1 week late*r

Someone: I've done the maths and Bill was wrong. Turns out it won't save us £350million a week. It'll actually increase our operational costs. Forever.

Everyone: Let's carry on anyway; too late to stop it now!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Car number plates. Many of them have EU stars. I presume they will be funding their replacement with sanctioned boring ones?
                  After the Brexit vote I saw cars that had covered the EU stars up with an England flag.

Comment

Even people in the UK government who knew that it takes years for even the smallest of infrastructure projects to complete voted for this. It makes no sense

Comment

They've washed their hands of the responsibility for it, "The Will of the People" is the get out clause that keeps on being used. The vast majority of MPs were against it because they knew it was bad for the country, those facts haven't changed, so it's difficult to believe their position has really changed. It's simply the will of the people

One thing they will have years for, is to lament the folly of the whole endeavour.

Comment

US president’s intervention is likely to weaken May’s hand when she is seeking to get deal approved by parliament

Trump weighs in a adds a further blow to May by saying her deal sucks and will make it harder for her to work on a deal with the US

Ministers have talked about a back up deal, May has no time for this though

THERESA May today challenges Jeremy Corbyn to a live Brexit TV debate, set for December 9 — the night of the I’m A Celebrity final. The PM uses an interview in The Sun to lay down the gauntlet to t…

And then there's this. May and Corbyn will hold a TV debate to argue about Brexit. I feel like this sums up perfectly what's wrong with our MPs. With everything that's going on they're going to waste time debating the deal to the public... who aren't involved in the decision at all.

The only reason to hold a TV debate is career driven reasoning which just sums up why they're both such colossal wastes of time.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to hold a TV debate. That makes no sense. What are they thinking?

Comment

Corbyn's daft for agreeing to it as well, it's clearly an attempt to undermine his leadership chances and he still doesn't have a clear position on things. It also re-enforces the whole Tories vs Labour position at a time when she needs to be convincing Labour MP's to back her deal. MP's won't care less about what's discussed so nothing changes except the pair of them looking like tools. He should have just declined highlighting how ridiculous she is to be wasting time at a critical moment.

Comment

I feel like both of them can only lose. They'll be poking holes in each other's positions and there are so, so many holes to poke. Ahem. You know what I mean. Nobody is going to come out looking better and even if someone was just approaching this with a Tory versus Labour mindset, I think they'll come away less convinced by their leader rather than more. And for everyone else, it's just going to look like a monumental waste of time.

Comment

It's all utterly exhausting to even think about at this point, such is the scale of how badly they've got it wrong.

At this point my position on it all is pretty much that I still don't agree with the EU as it exists. I also still think that Brexit was always perfectly attainable, I never expected to walk out on day one surrounded by treasure chests of gold etc but the idea that the UK couldn't operate without being in the EU has always been and remains a fairly ludicrous one. The danger though was always that our MP's would fluff it up and now we not only find ourselves in a situation where they've not only done that but they've done it in the most spectacular way. The self-delusion and incompetence is of such a staggering scale that you couldn't trust them any longer to run the country whether we were in or out of the EU. Genuinely, whatever the finer details of the mid-long term would be it's abundantly clear that we're categorically not in a position to leave the EU and - no referendums etc - it should just be cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X