Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to say I told everyone so, but, oh who am I kidding I love it.

Good job everyone who voted leave, I hope we all learned a valuable lesson from this
    Answer to my question: nope nobody did.

Edit. Are the imigunts gone yet? Oh, their not?
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-01-2019, 08:51.

Comment

edit : nvm, I'm trying to stay out of it.

Comment

The second vote on May's Deal (referred to as Plan B even though it's the same as Plan A) will take place next Tuesday.

Also, Labour will still not deal with the Tories unless they rule out No Deal
        The SNP will not deal with the Tories unless they commit to considering a second referendum
        The Lib Dems will not deal with Labour unless they commit to considering a second referendum

Unite is might!

Meanewhile a leaked call from Phillip Hammond to business leaders has revealed he told them that No Deal could be taken off the table within days and Article 50 rescinded.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-jeremy-corbyn

The second vote on May's Deal (referred to as Plan B even though it's the same as Plan A) will take place next Tuesday..
          I thought having a second vote wasn't democratic.

Comment

May confirms she won't move on her stance on a customs union or the second referendum meaning the second vote for Plan B will literally be the same deal as before yet again

Comment

When are we having another leadership challenge to get rid of Corbyn? Jeremy from Peep Show would be a better leader of the opposition.

Comment

I like this idea. That does respect the will o’ de people giving each country what they voted for. Too late now I suppose.

Comment

So not only will you need a hard border in NI, but also in Scotland.

In other news ..

Downing Street has again insisted the prime minister is determined to stick to her Brexit “principles”, including rejecting a customs union and a second referendum, as she embarks on cross-party talks to try to salvage her Brexit deal.
                  But her door is open ... it's just that her mind is closed.

(Edit: I see this link was posted earlier).

And the reservists are being recalled from 10th Feb for a no deal scenario: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8732506.html
                  Last edited by MartyG; 17-01-2019, 15:54.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    So not only will you need a hard border in NI, but also in Scotland.

In other news ..

But her door is open ... it's just that her mind is closed.

(Edit: I see this link was posted earlier).
                    And her ears.

Comment

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You can’t make it up.

Comment

May and Corbyn are both hideously Trumpish in their own ways. We couldn’t have asked for a worse PM and opposition leader at a time like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                          May and Corbyn are both hideously Trumpish in their own ways. We couldn’t have asked for a worse PM and opposition leader at a time like this.
                          You could have ended up with Gove, Johnson or Leadsom - Hobson's choice.

Comment

New poll asking how people would vote in a second referendum where the two choices would be either May's deal or Remain has suggested that the public would vote Remain by 65% to the deals 35%

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ay-brexit-deal

New poll asking how people would vote in a second referendum where the two choices would be either May's deal or Remain has suggested that the public would vote Remain by 65% to the deals 35%
                              I still don't think there should be a referendum though. The government should GOVERN. They should choose options that are in the best interest of the people and go with it. The referendum is a coward's option; it's allowing the government to do something and claim the people wanted them to do it, protecting their career in the process.

The average man-on-the-street genuinely doesn't grasp the issues at stake here, and I'm not being mean-spirited - I'm saying that this is why we have a government, to navigate the choppy waters of international diplomacy and trade.

Comment

Are you saying a lack of knowledge of economics and European politics with a coating of xenophobia are not a good grounding for holding a referendum?

I'd agree that a complex issue like this should be the responsibility of parliament / government. Currently though we have a government that is more interested in protecting its party than country.

I can't see that changing in the next seven weeks and May has already given up on any cross party negotiation - her red lines mean there isn't anything to compromise on. I'm still on a 90% view that the outcome will be a defaulted no deal Brexit, with 8% that Article 50 will be extended and 2% it'll be withdrawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X