X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I hear "remoaner" one more time.......*Hulk mode*

Comment

Not just people, we're that bad at the moment that even our MP's want their voices to be heard

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        If I hear "remoaner" one more time.......*Hulk mode*
        Of course, people who use that phrase would have calmly accepted the vote if it had been Remain and never spoken of it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          And if this was applied to the Brexit referendum, the percentage of the country who wanted to leave at that time shrinks dramatically.

Your government is currently not listening to the people. As pointless as it might well be because they seem to have no interest in listening, people are looking for any way to have their voice heard and this is one way so may as well do than not.
          True. They listened to them once, on one day and then stopped. The politicians themselves though? Well, 2 years of discussions, vote for this, vote for that, vote again for the same thing, and again in case anyone changed their minds in the last 5 minutes.

Despite the EU saying "Vote for the deal and we'll give you an extension, otherwise the answer is now" I believe that if we said to them can we have an extension so we can have a second referendum then they'd agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I believe that if we said to them can we have an extension so we can have a second referendum then they'd agree.
            I think you're absolutely right.

Comment

It's a shame that these negotiations couldn't have been at least partially done without having to invoke Article 50 - but IIRC, the EU made invoking Article 50 a requirement before the withdrawal agreement could be discussed. Mind, much time was wasted by calling a GE immediately afterwards and with going around in circles ever since.

Comment

I also don't like the remoaner moniker but equally I wish we'd use the term second referendum instead of people's vote.

Comment

Remoaner isn't that bad a term for deriding Remainers. Leavers most commonly used term is worse... Racists

Twice as vicious and half as accurate

Plus all this is about the British people. It's our soveriegn right to moan

Comment

And here's the other kicker it was always going to come down to. France and Belgium are holding up EU discussions on A50's extension by pushing to shorten and shorten the extension as much as possible to closer dates that don't really do much but sour the situation further. Currently they're pushing for 07 May but April has been mooted earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      I also don't like the remoaner moniker but equally I wish we'd use the term second referendum instead of people's vote.
                      I don’t like “People’s Vote” either. Never liked the branding. Been unhappy that my local anti-Brexit group uses its materials because there hasn’t been an alternative campaign group of the same size. Wish there had been a revoke campaign with equal strength and funding to People’s Vote these last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

And here's the other kicker it was always going to come down to. France and Belgium are holding up EU discussions on A50's extension by pushing to shorten and shorten the extension as much as possible to closer dates that don't really do much but sour the situation further. Currently they're pushing for 07 May but April has been mooted earlier
                        This actually helps the PM. When we crash out with no deal next Friday she can blame the EU. The Mail, Telegraph etc will lap that up.

Comment

The EU has finalised its response offer to May's request to extend Article 50.

If May's Deal is agreed next week the UK will have until 22 May 2019 to exit the EU. If, near certainly, her deal fails at the third attempt the UK will still receive an extension till 12 April 2019 to pull its head from out of its arse and decide on how it could possibly avoid No Deal.

Comment

Oh ffs. Is there any way to put me in cryo til 13th?

Comment

So we leave with no deal on 12th April rather than next Friday then

Comment

Bercow should come out now and state categorically that he won’t even allow the vote. Force us into facing reality sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X