No announcement yet.

Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This does sound like Hyperbole. I don't think the game is 'Bricking' the console like a phone can be bricked.
    I think it sounds like the game has a crash that hard powers off the console, which for any type of computer could leave it knackered. Perhaps on a few occasions, after hard powering off they simply don't turn on again.

The point is that Game crashes are not new but this is a high profile game, after a string of other high profile games, that are released in a dog**** condition and companies hide behind fans and defenders of the game who say 'it will all be ok in a few months' and 'the game is actually good under the surface'. No, a good game is one with full content at launch and doesn't threaten to bug you out of play midway through.
    Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 06-03-2019, 10:34.

Comment

Seems its happening to enough people now, happened to someone who works at giantbomb and a few youtubers have reported it, EA have acknowledged the issue and set up a forum and looks like a fair few people have the issue.

Also seems its not bricking the consoles but causing a issue where you have to reboot ps4 hold the power button down until it beeps twice then options will appear and you have to rebuild database.

Still i think as far as bugs and issues go I cannot remember a time where something like that has happened with a console to actually cause a full reset of a console

Comment

EA shareholders: we don’t care if the game is destroying people’s property, we want our Ferrari money!

Is how that’s going to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

But irrespective of that currently Sony don't offer refunds, or have a transparent refund policy (beyond 'no refunds').
          It doesn't matter what SONY thinks or does, by law the product sold must be fit for purpose (works) and if that's not the case that SONY have to refund the consumer for their faulty Hardware and if EA are selling games that don't work, they have to refund the public be if the product was bought online or at retail.

I'm not sure I follow your point, are you saying that this isn't happening to you, not happening to everyone or that it's not just Anthem?
          No, But I'm playing Anthem on the One X. What I'm saying is that I have quite a few games that crash and one needs to totally rest the console (unplug it and plug it back in) And if the system is going into Safe mode, well the SONY Q&A team have totally failed and missed on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            I wonder if we've blown this out of proportion ps4s must break all the time, we've so far had one post on the Anthem, reddit saying the game had broken this persons ps4 with the only evidence being this guys word.
            Must be, I see even the mouth pot that is Jim Sterling has had to alter his banner headlines of the game bricking PS4's .
            Keep it coming Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              It doesn't matter what SONY thinks or does, by law the product sold must be fit for purpose (works) and if that's not the case that SONY have to refund the consumer for their faulty Hardware and if EA are selling games that don't work, they have to refund the public be if the product was bought online or at retail.
              Theoretically that might be correct, but in practice not. At the moment Sony doesn't offer any refunds (to the UK or other countries). I would imagine this would have to be tested in court as one method to force them to change policy.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              No, But I'm playing Anthem on the One X. What I'm saying is that I have quite a few games that crash and one needs to totally rest the console (unplug it and plug it back in) And if the system is going into Safe mode, well the SONY Q&A team have totally failed and missed on that one.
              Like I say I think there is a failure for both publisher and platform holder here. Other games probably do crash the PS4 but I certainly can't remember an outcry or example as numerous as this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                Theoretically that might be correct, but in practice not. At the moment Sony doesn't offer any refunds (to the UK or other countries).
                I've seen Martin Lewis almost lose it on TV, with companies limited returns dates and their own rules. He makes it very clear what the law says and how a product being sold, must be fit for its purpose and how if not, the consumer is entitled to a refund be that digital or retail.

Other games probably do crash the PS4 but I certainly can't remember an outcry or example as numerous as this one.
                Other games do, I believe even Digital Foundry had issues with Heavy Rain remaster (like a lot on its launch) The real difference is this EA and Bioware and they're fair game at the moment.

I remember back in the day a lot of people needed to buy a new PS2 because the lens was so crap.

Comment

I actually had Swords of Ditto hard crash with report screen on my PS4 last night. Me and the other half had just killed a boss in a dungeon and boop, crashed on me.

First time I’ve ever had that on ps4, I didn’t even know that crash report screen existed.

Turned the game back on did the dungeon again and all was well.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-03-2019, 07:00.

Comment

This whole thing is indicative of what the AAA industry's attitude has become: Cut as many corners as possible, release anyway, patch later if we can be bothered and who cares as people will buy it regardless.

It's an issue that's been getting worse and worse over the last few years and I'm quite sure it's a trend that will continue unless people stop accepting the shoddy practice.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      This whole thing is indicative of what the AAA industry's attitude has become: Cut as many corners as possible, release anyway, patch later if we can be bothered and who cares as people will buy it regardless.
                      And this shows what the internet has become. I doubt Bioware spent 6 years of their time to cut corners and what amazes me is EA and Bioware getting grief of allegedly bricking one console, while so many (not least on here) went through like 8 360's system and still make out the system was one of the best consoles going.

Comment

Patch coming for a new bug on the 12th, it's bloody embarrassing though

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

It's an issue that's been getting worse and worse over the last few years and I'm quite sure it's a trend that will continue unless people stop accepting the shoddy practice.
                          Which means,

Stop buying them on launch.
                          NEVER pre order.

Wait 2-3 years for the big pubs to react. Repeat until lesson learned or there out of business.

Comment

It’s funny that if you search bricked PS4 on the internets there’s more instances of Sony’s own firmware updates bricking consoles then there are of actual games doing it.

It does raise some questions about the AAA industry and the states they release titles now, EA are doing themselves absolutely no favours by slapping these games out in the state they are in. Their reputation is getting worse and worse with every title, you would think that shareholders would be more concerned about that.

I suppose as long as they are making money, it will never be questioned or taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03...vel-1-weapons/

Patch coming for a new bug on the 12th, it's bloody embarrassing though
                              For a loot based shooter making the grind for loot pointless will surely be the death of this game, i was currently grinding for masterwork guns it seems that this grind is pretty much pointless now, ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                                It’s funny that if you search bricked PS4 on the internets there’s more instances of Sony’s own firmware updates bricking consoles then there are of actual games doing it.

It does raise some questions about the AAA industry and the states they release titles now, EA are doing themselves absolutely no favours by slapping these games out in the state they are in. Their reputation is getting worse and worse with every title, you would think that shareholders would be more concerned about that.

I suppose as long as they are making money, it will never be questioned or taken seriously.
                                Shareholders give two craps about game quality. They want maximum profits for minimum expenditures. If that means cutting 90% of the testing process then that’s fine.

Shareholders are 100% a bad thing long term for any business, quality will always suffer to make more.

Comment

Working...
                                X