• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Which means,

Stop buying them on launch.
    NEVER pre order.

Wait 2-3 years for the big pubs to react. Repeat until lesson learned or there out of business.
    I don't disagree but the reality is that people want to consume entertainment at release. The zeitghest of release and fomo is powerful. And who doesn't want to watch Avengers: Infinity War or the latest Game of Thrones at release?

Why should consumers for videogames be treated badly and it be seen as acceptable. Realistically creating noise is one of the few tools videogames consumers have to help create change. Sony stopping to withhold Fortnite accounts, or EA changing the business model for SW:BF2 'lootboxes' wouldn't have happened without people campaigning against the companies in such public ways.

Here you are probably preaching to the converted.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      I don't disagree but the reality is that people want to consume entertainment at release. The zeitghest of release and fomo is powerful. And who doesn't want to watch Avengers: Infinity War or the latest Game of Thrones at release?

Why should consumers for videogames be treated badly and it be seen as acceptable. Realistically creating noise is one of the few tools videogames consumers have to help create change. Sony stopping to withhold Fortnite accounts, or EA changing the business model for SW:BF2 'lootboxes' wouldn't have happened without people campaigning against the companies in such public ways.

Here you are probably preaching to the converted.
      I know where your coming from but the reality is that big pubs are having to resort to tricking the consumer into spending as much as possible as soon as possible in order to maximise profits for the shareholders.

It’s freemium phone game tactics on a whole other level as your buying the game up front AND expected to pay for extras as well.

The only option your left with is buying the game well after launch when the game is

A: patched and in a fit state to sell.
      B: the launch sales bs is long gone.
      C: decent user impressions on the finished article can be gauged.

If people can’t wait and are mad afterwards for being slapped by the snake oil peddler again then what can I say?
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-03-2019, 09:49.

Comment

Which is why it's probably a kiss of death for Anthem. These kind of games rarely recover from a ropey launch because consumers never to come into them late having initially waited for fixes to arrive because by the time the games in suitable shape they've lost interest or feel the active community is too far along etc. I feel like Battlefront II will be the roadmap Anthem follows, DLC etc follows but not much focus on it from the company and silence as to the future of the series as it will likely be allowed to drift away.

The market in general but especially for loot shooters etc is too busy to afford a bad reputation. I wonder how many will drop off as soon as Division 2 hits as well

Comment

The only option your left with is buying the game well after launch when the game is
          Or choose your battles more carefully. Something like The Division 2 will be likely be a more known quantity. Even if it's close as a product (or service) than people like to admit, to Anthem. It is a much safer pre-order if you like that sort of game.

If people can’t wait and are mad afterwards for being slapped by the snake oil peddler again then what can I say?
          This feels the equivalent of victim blaming, or close to. Many consumers won't be as informed as those on internet forums and Reddit etc. Being 'actively hostile' (as Skill Up so beautifully put it) to particular publishers is fine, but in reality they all are doing very similar things and I think being noisy as possible is a great thing too.

Comment

I think when it comes to waiting.

Pros are you get the least buggiest, cheapest and the most content.

Cons are the player base could be a lot less and if its a PVP game going against people who put ungodly hours into the game so for new people it can be tough, Support for the game could be dropped if it does not do well at launch so the pros like content may be not applicable.

I think people are getting a bit sick of games essentially launch in a beta or even alpha state. I think first impressions really count and for me personally i find it frustrating that publishers cannot say, lets delay the game say by 6 months and make sure its ready for launch.
            Last edited by eastyy; 07-03-2019, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post

Pros are you get the least buggiest, cheapest and the most content.

Cons are the player base could be a lot less and if its a PVP game going against people who put ungodly hours into the game so for new people it can be tough, Support for the game could be dropped if it does not do well at launch so the pros like content may be not applicable.

I think people are getting a bit sick of games essentially launch in a beta or even alpha state. I think first impressions really count and for me personally i find it frustrating that publishers cannot say, lets delay the game say by 6 months and make sure its ready for launch.
              That only applies to multiplayer games though, granted a lot of games have multiplayer and player base could be a concern a year after launch. Makes no difference for a Single player though.

As far as betas being launched, this all comes down to shareholders again, or the quarterly report looking good so they can get more shareholders/investment etc, vicious circle.

I feel like were going in circles here,

Don't want this to continue, stop buying at launch, end of.

And i'm out.

Comment

Or choose your battles more carefully. Something like The Division 2 will be likely be a more known quantity. Even if it's close as a product (or service) than people like to admit, to Anthem. It is a much safer pre-order if you like that sort of game.
                I think the issues over Anthem are being overplayed because of who made the game. I have quite a few games hang and freeze on me over the years, its not great but it happens. Since SKY when digital my box needs to will hang and freeze now and again and needs to be reset, hell my smartphone does that now and again too

And you talk of the Divsion 2 I remember the original game getting a slagging off, with issues with its launch and bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  Who wants to wait? It wasn't so long ago we all on this place used to play a fortune to import the latest Japanese games, because we couldn't wait for the USA version, never mind Pal version months latter. Some games even back then had bugs or worst still wouldn't work via the switched system or with things like Action Replay.

I can't think of many games, that are totally unplayable due to bugs on day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    I think the issues over Anthem are being overplayed because of who made the game. I have quite a few games hang and freeze on me over the years, its not great but it happens. Since SKY when digital my box needs to will hang and freeze now and again and needs to be reset, hell my smartphone does that now and again too

And you talk of the Divsion 2 I remember the original game getting a slagging off, with issues with its launch and bugs.
                    TD2 is hardly a shining example. BUT after the beta/demo it felt much more stable than Anthem does. I can't personally remember a PS4 game getting anywhere near as much bad PR/attention for crashing PS4's. I think in this sense Anthem has set a 'new bar'.

Comment

TD2 is hardly a shining example. BUT after the beta/demo it felt much more stable than Anthem does. I can't personally remember a PS4 game getting anywhere near as much bad PR/attention for crashing PS4's. I think in this sense Anthem has set a 'new bar'.
                      I'm not sure tbh, Heavy Rain Remaster on its launch was a bit of mess, The Last Guadian wasn't the best, I'm not having that much issues with Anthem at the mo, no more than any other game tbh, but I'm playing it on the One X, so maybe the MS Q&A team did a far better job for once

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        I'm not sure tbh, Heavy Rain Remaster on its launch was a bit of mess, The Last Guadian wasn't the best, I'm not having that much issues with Anthem at the mo, no more than any other game tbh, but I'm playing it on the One X, so maybe the MS Q&A team did a far better job for once
                        No disrespect but neither of those games came close to the numbers complaining that Anthem is crashing the PS4.

Comment

No disrespect but neither of those games came close to the numbers complaining that Anthem is crashing the PS4.
                          Like I said I just play Anthem on the One X and it hasn't crashed the system any more than other games. On the PS4 side, Heavy Rain was bug fest on launch and the game would either freeze or slow down so badly, you had the reset the system; no doubt another off day from SONY's Q&A team.

Comment

Fallout 76 got a massive amount of stick for being in a bad state on launch a buggy mess of a game with frame rate issues bad textures and a sparse empty game world with pop in Anthem comes along and says "you hold the crown for most buggy AAA game hold my beer"

It isn't just the power shut down bug that is the issue, this is the worst aspect of the current uproar about this game but we are forgetting that it bluecreens the ps4 with unknown error codes on a fairly regularly basis, it randomly kicks you back to the dashboard mid mission. Currently the only way to replay story missions in endgame is in quick play and this entire mode is broken. Your more likely to be matched into a game and be stuck behind an impassable wall or dropped into a mission full of never ending re-spawns than an actual working mission. Reddit is full of people saying "out of 57 free play missions i only finished ten of them"

Then theirs the game play issues invisible bullets and inconsistent damage some enemys do nothing to you others absolutlry shread your health bar a lot of the times there is no diffrence between the models used for these enemys too. there is also a really common bug that sees your health bar decrease the amount of damage you can take over the course of the mission. And now the revelation that the lvl one gun in the game can kill enemy's in 4 shots telling you your doing 411 damage where as a masterwork gun takes six shots and is telling you your doing 1100 damage to the same enemy. The above current bugs are happening on all platforms, with massive frame rate drops and gpu usage issues currently plaguing pc players.

i could understand all these issues if there was much of an actual game here but its not even as if there is any content every single missions is go here defend this rock, person, tree, sheep, or other random thing. kill one of these three identical enemys races, well done do it again somewhere else twice more to fnish the mission. Train wreck is too kind for this game and it deserves all the stick it gets.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 07-03-2019, 14:48.

Comment

Patch going out for this today, earlier than planned.

Hopefully will address alll the performance issues.

Comment

It gives and it takes away, they seem to have fixed a lot of issues, (its still not perfect) but nerffed the drop rate of items, their has and still is a massive melt down on reddit about loot drops being pretty poor. It keeps dragging me back despite me saying I'm done but after this weekend of no real progress i think I'll shelve it until they fix the loot.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 11-03-2019, 11:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X