User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Maybe not. The game has been put back a significant amount, which suggests changes.

Of course, there are two ways that could go. Either EA are retooling it for the new anti-box climate, or they've decided to throw out any dignity and just double down on that model with their fingers in their ears, and they're just trying to weather the contemporary storm.

Which one they choose is simply going to be based on which one will yield them the most profit.

It got delayed so much because it entered development hell. Just assume the absolute worst from EA and you'll, well you'll still be disappointed.

EA have learnt nothing,

https://venturebeat.com/2018/05/08/e...of-regulation/

also going to make a bold prediction, Anthem will play well but will critically short of meaningful content and packed full of procedural fetch quests and defend the beacon, and this without all the lootbox rubbish they'll jam in it.

I feel like Anthem's delay has less to do with the loot box issues and changes on that front, instead more to do with the collapse of the Mass Effect franchise putting the fear of god into them. Despite the approach Anthem will sink or swim based on its core gameplay loop and having meaningful SP content that doesn't require extra spending. Co-op never carries a game, it's greta when it works but it's one of those niche appeals that isn't mass market enough to carry a title so either kills a games sales or is featured in a half hearted manner. This being pitched as a third person Destiny would work, if they've learnt anything from Andromeda and Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    TA, It does look lovely and could be really great.
    Nice list, but if you think the worst, expect the worst almost hope for the worst, then maybe the game not be for you. I just go on how the games looks and how it seems to play and so far, whats been shown off looks great. And while is all very good to blame EA for everything and totally overlook any good game they make.

All I will say was that I enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda, thought Syndicate was a bloody good game and not really blame EA for the lack of sales for RTS games like Command & Conquer. What next EA to blame for the Flight sims and Point and Click games market decline?. I think for lots of people, they had enough and looked to other genres of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Nice list, but if you think the worst, expect the worst almost hope for the worst, I just go on looks
    I guess I've been stung with a string of relationships with supermodels that have the looks but end up cheating and adding DLC and closing studios or something.

...I've not thought this metaphor out.

Well, it's your money, buddy. Good luck to you.
    Believe it or not, I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I guess I've been stung with a string of relationships with supermodels that have the looks but end up cheating and adding DLC and closing studios or something.
    DLC is an industry-wide problem and I'm grown up enough, to know understand that gaming corps are there to make money and look to make money off their Huge investments and that big business is ruthless; If EA does that with DLC and season passes as well as making a great game, good for them. I'll not be being buying any loot boxes though. That is not a dig at you btw, but just the way of the world these days

So I have no issues with EA looking to make loads off this game, hoping it's their own Destiny IP. All I care is if the game is any good and there are some 12 hours or so, of amazing gameplay. So far it looks good, but one will have to see

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Dear God, The game isn't even out yet and people are already writing it off. I think the game will do brilliant and sell in huge numbers, it looks amazing and a great co-op game. I can't wait
    Yeah, but it's fully open-world. You should be writing it off by default.

Besides, EA's problem isn't with DLC or expansion packs; it's the whole loot box roulette/gambling scam. The two concepts couldn't be any more different.

Loot boxes were meant to be a method for many F2P games to get back a bit of money, not for stacking on top of games that already sell for RRP.

It is a proper open world? I'm not sure EA's ever put out a properly good one have they?

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    Yeah, but it's fully open-world. You should be writing it off by default.
    It's depends of If it's a class semi open world game like Division or Destiny, Monster World or boring rubbish like Ghost Recon, Horizon Zero Dawn . At the moment it looks ace and like a fab mix of Lost Planet and Monster World.