Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Monster World.
    I hope it has been turned F2P like Monster World!!

Comment

EA BioWare has announced Anthem will be released 22nd February 2019 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.BioWare also comm…

Expect delays later as the same fortnight in February is crowding up, Anthem set for 22 February 2019

Show trailer:

Gameplay footage:

Comment

I'm not perticularly impressed with this. I feel like I've seen it all before. Doesn't look too great to play either, pretty sluggish.

Comment

On Twitter, BioWare better details Anthem's blend of storytelling and multiplayer -
          Always online, no AI companions, no PVP. (Eurogamer)

Maybe they are stretched too thin for PVP at launch, or it truly is a PVE-only game.

Comment

Ooooooof. 20fps right there. Back into dev you go anthem.

Comment

Awful voiceover... But numbers pop out when you shoot things. I'm torn...

Comment

Jesus that voice acting is crease up bad, script also horrendous. Combat seems a bit shod too, at least ot looks nice.

Comment

Anthem New Details Revealed About Character Progression, Endgame Activities, And More

"Anthem is set to release next year and we’ve slowly been able to learn more details about the game. YouTube Arekkz posted a new video wherein he had a chance to talk with Jonathan Warner, the game director for Anthem. Together they went through the overall aims, progression, and the endgame of Anthem.

It looks like the game will follow a similar structure to Destiny, in that it will be quite open ended, and the developers will continue to release story content after the game’s launch. Regarding what the main goal in the game will be, Warner stated, “The overarching goal is really to power up your javelins to the degree where you feel that you’re pretty legendary.” players will work through various story-based missions in the campaign in an effort to defeat the Dominion. Along the way, players will take part in various events and activities, but the actual act of defeating the Dominion is seen as the middle part of the game.

Once the story has been bested, players are then free to take on the endgame activities. This includes unlocking new world missions, daily challenges, and taking on the suspiciously Raid-sounding strongholds. “There’s always going to be a reason to come back on a weekly, daily basis,” explains Warner. The idea of ongoing activities and the game’s open ended nature is something that is explained by the world’s lore. Warner explained as follows, “This is an unfinished world by its gods. The gods have left, and left it in kind of a strange state and so that’s always a conflict that you’re going to engage in.” End game activities will also reset, so players will be able to keep doing them so as to progress further in the game.

Players will also be able to continue developing their Javelins without having to play through the campaign once they’ve reached the endgame. Regarding this, Warner stated, “As a pilot, you can have many different javelins. So not like a traditional RPG, where you start out and you pick a class … play for a few hours, start a new game and play it again … This allows you to get in and start leveling up your pilot and change javelins as you want and as you see fit.” You can learn a lot more about the game from the full interview.

Anthem is set to release for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One on February 22, 2019."

Comment

Anthem Gets New Details About Co-Op and Solo Play, Missions, and More

"Anthem Executive Producer Mark Darrah talks about missions, playing within groups or solo, and a few more details of the upcoming online action RPG.
                    BioWare’s Anthem is an online game, so players are certainly encouraged to play together with either friends or strangers on the internet. Yet, you can also play part of the content solo. Executive Producer Mark Darrah gave more information on how it works and more on Twitter.

Speaking of loot, when players defeat an enemy in co-op, loot is instanced. Basically, it’s not shared, and each player gets their own.

We also learn that you actually need four players to do the Stronghold endgame activity. You can’t go solo or with an incomplete squad. That being said, there is matchmaking, so finding people to go with shouldn’t be an issue.

Strongholds are not part of the campaign, but they’re high-difficulty endgame experiences. Story missions can be played solo. They’re easier with a group of four, but they adjust automatically depending on group size. Missions are “relatively linear.” On the other hand, free play is “wide open.”

When you complete a mission with a group, you remain linked even after you go back to your base. This means that if you want to go do something else with the same people afterward, you can do so without having to redo the party.

Players will be able to create different freelancers on the same account, so you won’t be limited to a single persona if you’d like to have alts.

Last, but not least, Gear can be used across multiple loadouts so you won’t need multiple copies if you want to use the same piece of gear across different equipment sets. Gear is specific to each kind of Javelin.

If you want to learn more about Anthem, there will be story details coming at PAX West, while Electronic Arts executives mentioned that they’re pleased with the excitement building for the game. You should also not forget to read our preview of the EA Play build of the game.

The game will release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 22nd, 2019. You can already pre-order your copy on Amazon."

Comment

I'd already forgotten this was even a thing since E3!

Comment

Certainly lower down on my radar primarily due to its proximity of it's release date with The Division 2.

Comment

I'm getting so cynical with these things now.

I imagine they've made an interesting world and engine but are withholding loads of stuff for DLC, lootboxes and season passes.

"OK, you've paid full price for Anthem, but... can I have some money now?"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I'm getting so cynical with these things now.

I imagine they've made an interesting world and engine but are withholding loads of stuff for DLC, lootboxes and season passes.

"OK, you've paid full price for Anthem, but... can I have some money now?"

Well you’ve purchased the season pass, that’s fine and all. But what you really want is the super duper pass with all the stuff we withheld from the season pass which was content we withheld from the main game we already completed.

Comment

This game is utterly brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                This game is utterly brilliant...
                                How so? Is there a demo or something?

Edit: nope early feb 2019 for even a demo.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-12-2018, 10:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X