Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    I've been following it quite closely they have had a demo team tasked with putting a demo together a line has to be drawn so they split from the development team 6 months back to develop the demo with the build they had then. The final game has had six months more work on it.
    Yeah most developers hate making demo's and taking unfished code off development kits to retail units is a pain, that many developers could do with out. I really did enjoy the demo. It's amazing just to fly around the stunning work and battle all sort of strange creatures with a game of people.

I don't get why some want it to be like Destiny, that's like wanting VF to be like Tekken. Both games can exists and borrow parts from one and another, but still play a little diffrently

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Yeah most developers hate making demo's and taking unfished code off development kits to retail units is a pain, that many developers could do with out. I really did enjoy the demo. It's amazing just to fly around the stunning work and battle all sort of strange creatures with a game of people.

I don't get why some want it to be like Destiny, that's like wanting VF to be like Tekken. Both games can exists and borrow parts from one and another, but still play a little diffrently
      Maybe people are wanting it to be like destiny because these sort of games are massive time sinks and you only have room for one type of game like this at a time.

Comment

Maybe people are wanting it to be like destiny because these sort of games are massive time sinks and you only have room for one type of game like this at a time.
        No the same people who moan that's there's not enough content or things to do in Destiny and that its too short?

Comment

Well I'm still playing D2 a year and a bit on, there is almost too much to do at the moment. Take last week we've been running the last wish raid which takes up one eve then scourge of the past that takes up another evening both of these are late nights. On top of that I've been playing gambit for the breakneck pinnacle weapon, as well as doing a healthy amont of forge for the new forge weapons. I'm trying to get the curse breaker title as well as bringing all my fave weapons and Armour up to the new power cap by completing weekly power engrams. not enough to do more like not enough time in a week for me

If Warframe sorry Anthem can keep me this engaged with a variety of tasks and goals to strive towards ill be a happy bunny.

Comment

I was alright with Division largely I guess because I treated it like a single player experience. I didn't bother trying to stick with it for post-launch content and didn't experience any bugs etc working through the default content. Really enjoyed it. Division 2 doesn't look that impressive in terms of not just being more of the same in a less appealing city but it has that benefit of enjoying the first game. Anthem is more risky because feedback isn't stellar and it comes from a developer studio that has frankly sucked for an entire generation now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              I was alright with Division largely I guess because I treated it like a single player experience. I didn't bother trying to stick with it for post-launch content and didn't experience any bugs etc working through the default content. Really enjoyed it. Division 2 doesn't look that impressive in terms of not just being more of the same in a less appealing city but it has that benefit of enjoying the first game. Anthem is more risky because feedback isn't stellar and it comes from a developer studio that has frankly sucked for an entire generation now.
              The meat of the game came after the story was finished for most people. I think the story took me two evenings to finish as a team of four and once done to level up and get the best guns and Armour it pretty much meant playing the same strikes over and over.

People soon worked out you could skip the majority of a strike by placing your barricade next to a fence. The best mission for this had you doing a loop and finishing in the area behind you, You could literately turn around put your barricade up and watch the loot roll in, it took seconds to do a strike instead of the 40 minute slog.

This pretty much broke the PVP as if you didn't boost in this way you would be massively left behind.

Comment

I'd most likely play Anthem/Division 2 solo from the get go so I likely slide out of these issues

Comment

Well I'm still playing D2 a year and a bit on, there is almost too much to do at the moment.
                  I finished Destiny 2 ages ago, story-wise but I still like to play it. I'm expecting the same for Anthem and the feeling and freedom of flight helps make this feel a lot different to Destiny 2

Comment

I've been following it quite closely they have had a demo team tasked with putting a demo together a line has to be drawn so they split from the development team 6 months back to develop the demo with the build they had then. The final game has had six months more work on it.
                    Not close enough it would seem

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      That means the demo was submitted 6 weeks ago, the demo team will have been working on it as a separate project before then.

Comment

If believing the demo is 6 months old code to explain why it was a buggy mess makes you happy - I say go for it

We took a snapshot of the game back in early December to turn into the Demo
                        Last edited by MartyG; 28-01-2019, 17:23.

Comment

I gave the base Javelin a good go and i would agree with your above comments for the most part, but switching out to the storm or interceptor and its a totally different story the. storm hovers about constantly and spends a lot more time in the air dishing out lighting and frost attacks in a more support role. where as the Interceptor is crazy fast dishing out quick melee attacks while being able to dodge in and out of combat and move much faster than the other classes in the air.
                          I'm genuinely interested it this flying combat the 2 quicker suits offer, are you actually swooping around diving bombing enemies or are you are just using the faster longer dodging in hover mode till the stamina runs out, i just can't see flying being at all useful when they want to throw sentry guns with some extremely accurate and fast bullets, sentry guns with homing missiles and then surrounding them with many elite snipers and minigunners, at most it will get you into a pack of mobs faster but unless everyone on the team does this you're a bulleye for every single mob and a lengthy wait for a revival starts.

Comment

Yay, $20 skins in Anthem.

100 shards = $1

Although BioWare claim this is just an "iteration" of the store, this is being published by EA and they're being PR cagey on what the actual prices might be, or how long it'll take to grind for these things in your £50 game. Along with having two currency types which is always to try confuse the cost things, this doesn't bode well for the game's microtransactions.

Still, a skin costing a third of the price of the game seems reasonable ,,, if you're an EA executive.

With this and what I expect to be a very rough launch given the server issues of the demo - I know where I'd be placing my money.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 29-01-2019, 05:44.

Comment

This skin stuff doesn’t really bother me as long as it’s not pay to win.

Don’t get me wrong they do deserve to come under fire for it if they are super expensive but we have worse out there at the moment like Black Ops charging for gun reticles.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Still, a skin costing a third of the price of the game seems reasonable ,,, if you're an EA executive.
                                Probably worth saying that on the surface this seems like a ripoff (and it is probably on the high end of the scale) but if this is a persistent game (i.e. it has servers) then they rationalise it as the alternative to charging ~£7 per month, per player, for the game. A fraction of this pays for the servers, while the rest pays the teams who are making content updates (and, yes, profit).

I used to think some of the stuff in Guild Wars 2 was expensive when they charge £6 for an in-game skin or similar, but that's an MMORPG that has no monthly subscription fee, and probably couldn't exist otherwise. I end up buying probably 2-3 things in a 6 month period. GW2 has regular drops of content with new locations to explore, new story content to play and, generally, new stuff to do, and these are "free", insofar as they're funded by players making the other purchases.

Price/value is a personal thing, but I guess I'm just saying that for me, I won't judge the game on the proportion of the price vs the game's sale price; I'll judge it based upon what the player gets out of the game, if it has a similar model. Though if EA do that and charge for content updates then it's going to be a bit of a ****show.

Comment

Working...
                                X