Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Wait it was still in active development?
    No. They just pretended it was and decided now was a good time to break the news that they'd been trying really hard all this time. I call total BS. They moved everyone onto Dragon Age yonks ago I reckon. Stop giving EA money!

Comment

Yup. The statement basically says “we’ve been trying really hard to make the game good, but we haven’t managed it and won’t be doing any more now because Covid”. Ideal excuse.

Comment

That's Jim/Stephanie Sterling's next video sorted, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          I was thinking the same thing. They are going to be all over this like a rash.

Comment

Can we agree now that these planned 10 year GaaS are a bad idea?
            Anthem is dead and avongers is in life support. Destiny is all but dead. Pretty sure The Division as planned as a GaaS, which is dead too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Can we agree now that these planned 10 year GaaS are a bad idea?
              Anthem is dead and avongers is in life support. Destiny is all but dead. Pretty sure The Division as planned as a GaaS, which is dead too.
              Destiny dead you better tell bungie

According to Steam, Destiny 2 is one of the best-selling games on the platform based entirely on gross revenue.

Destiny is the reason a lot are still trying to make games as a service work its made Bungie very very rich.

Anthem has had a small team of 30 trying to fix it for the last two years everyone was expecting a No Mans Sky style overhaul and it was Dubbed Anthem Next but i guess the small team have made zero progress in the last couple of years or EA wouldn't of pulled the plug. They showed off how they where overhauling the loot system and showed off some fancy menus? the loot system wasn't the main issue the world was pretty, empty there was no endgame content, and what little you did get to do was pretty much the same mission over and over.

i guess they didn't address these issues so EA rightly pulled the plug. Its a shame as the game felt like a tech demo, a proof of concept and i still believe if they had filled the world out with collectables and varied the missions a bit more they could of made a pretty fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                You called it...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Lol, yeah! I watched it. They went to town on it.

Comment

Well, that's £2.97 I'm never getting back!

Comment

Frustrating part is....i would have loved to play a game that had the flying and suits of Anthem with abilities and loot but good.

That first trailer looked amazing and i thought "oh i would love to play that" problem is the developers first time seeing what the game was like was that trailer lol

Comment

Working...
                      X