User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem

Anthem

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ristmas-report

A new report suggests that Anthems project release has been knocked back to Spring 2019.

I assume this is to spend longer on surreptitious microtransactions and loot boxes.

This has failure written all over it for me. Can't really say why, it doesn't pass the sniff test.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThere View Post
    This has failure written all over it for me. Can't really say why, it doesn't pass the sniff test.
    It wouldn’t be the “in game engine” “gameplay” trailer, that a monster PC couldn’t in reality handle, would it?

Or the fact that Boiware have pulled every team and available employee into the project as it was running years behind schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    It wouldn’t be the “in game engine” “gameplay” trailer, that a monster PC couldn’t in reality handle, would it?

Or the fact that Boiware have pulled every team and available employee into the project as it was running years behind schedule?
    Might be just that! Almost certain that this will lead to a studio closure.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/2504...19-confirms-ea

EA have committed to a March 2019 release for Anthem.

Their CEO has also said they aren't focusing on how many units the game sells as the companies business model will now prioritise their games success by the lifetime revenue they earn via season passes, microtransactions and loot box sales.

Really, is there any need to discuss further nails in Anthems coffin?

R.I.P. Anthem
    March 2019 - March 2019

I'm mildly curious about this. Jetpacking around an alien planet in an Iron Man suit looks fun, but I keep getting ding-a-lings of warning every time there's some news about it.

Last time it was about the lead story writer quitting.

I think EA want to wring as much money out of the consumers but after SWBF2, Destiny 2 and BioWare's own Mass Effect Andromeda, I think those consumers are getting more savvy.

That's exactly it, I adored BF4 but I couldn't care less about BF5 at this point and I've never bought a loot box. It's just crippling the experience that much and that's setting aside the already declining quality of DICE and Bioware's games.

The thing is, Monster Hunter: World has shown you can have a massively popular game without needing loads of in-game purchases.

The whole industry needs to rethink how it does stuff.

The whole "Minimal Viable Product" route isn't going to work in the long-run.

It's the worst kind of sloppy decision making companies can make. There's always been games with long life cycles to them like Counter-Strike or Modern Warfare but they've always been outliers in the market, the userbase doesn't exist to support tons of games for multiple years at once. I don't begrudge a company making a game that tries to crack that nut, like Ubisoft did with Rainbow Six: Seige, but it's so blatantly stupid to gear your entire model and slate of products to it, again like Ubisoft.

They're pretty much doing anything they can to avoid bringing back AA tier games.