Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£4.99.

Shame this didn't work out as it was looking pretty special.

Comment

I'll wait for a price cut.

Comment

Hats off for waiting this long

Comment

Kill it with fire

Comment

its coming up on two years since it launched, if they haven't managed anything worthwhile in that time then it needs putting down. Considering that the majority of the game was completed in a year and they spent 4 years of development time going backwards and forwards on what they wanted to do there should be some major improvements here unless they have reverted to what they did before and just spent two years procrastinating on how to fix the game.

The thing that hurt this game wasn't its progression or its systems it was that the world was pretty empty and entirely static. it was a very pretty place to fly around in but the game was devoid of anything to do or find, if they had just gone back and filled the current map out with secrets and enemy's to fight it would have been a massive improvement on what launched. It baffled me that nine times out of ten you'd find a really cool secret area under some waterfall or through some cavern and it was completely empty like they had planned for some cool encounter here but just ran out of time.

They need to reverse the decision to have all cosmetics paid for too its death for a game like this that's all about finding cool looking stuff and loking cool while flying about and hooting enemys it was quite a popular meme on its reddit that you started this game and ended it looking pretty much identical.

I think it will be a massive shame if its binned though as it had a lot of potential to be a very fun game what they got working in the year of development felt like an early access game and maybe if they had gone that route they would have picked up a bit more of a following as despite what happened they launched pretty bare bones and they just needed to build on it.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 09-02-2021, 09:39.

Comment

Bought this for £2.97 and it sits, inevitably, on the pile of shame.
              I do think if I could convince my mates to get a copy, we'd have a couple of weeks' fun and it'd be sub-£3 worth of fun.

Shame, because it looks lovely, and the feeling of jetting around in an Iron Man suit really appeals.

Comment

It looked great but inevitably was released under-baked with vague promises of "there's more to come".

A bit like Meh-vels Avongers.

Trouble is, when you are up against online behemoths like WoW, GTA Online, RDR2 Online, FFXIV etc. you don't really stand a chance in hell.

Comment

Would you say it was the Destiny series it was competing with?

Why has this failed where that was a success?

Comment

Oh yeah, Destiny too.

It's weird that this failed when you consider the developer (Bioware) has such a huge fan following.

I Googled "why did Anthem fail" and found this Forbes article:

Why Anthem Failed

Basically poor combat, hideous MTX implementation (hey, it's EA!), Frostbite not the best engine for this game etc.

Comment

Always thought with destiny's faults its core gunplay was sound though with the amount of content removal I am wary about going back to the game let alone pay for more content, Anthem though had lots more issues though the idea was great the execution less so. Seen with anthem and many other games mismanagement being the prime problem and if the time given was used well should have been great and I felt the same about cyberpunk 2077 to

Comment

Its really not as bad as people make out, perfectly serviceable coop shooter. However, its 1 and done, no need to grind or revisit.

Comment

I think there's an element where EA saw Destiny making money and had a potentially great game on its hands, but wondered how it could make it the minimal viable product and sell the rest back to the user.

I also think the gaming community are awful for seeing something potentially great, hyping it beyond reasonable expectations, then when there's an issue, they absolutely relish kicking the hell out of it.

See Cyberpunk or No Man's Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Would you say it was the Destiny series it was competing with?

Why has this failed where that was a success?
                            It was a shell of a game on launch with very little content, what was here in the story missions wasn't bad its just that their wasnt much of it, Also you cant launch a game based around loot and have all the cosmetics locked into a very limited number of £10-£20 skin packs. These games are all about collecting cool looking Armour and weapons you cant just take half that stuff away and expect the same result.

Comment

TOTALLY CANCELLED (again!!)

Comment

Wait it was still in active development?

Comment

Working...
                                X