No announcement yet.

Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day another bug, some clever sod worked out that if you create a new load out and remove your support item your ability damage numbers jump 25%, as its averaging your current gear and removing this item doesn't give you a penalty like it should it just removes it from the gear score equation

You can go even further too say you have a load of masterworks components and a couple of epic components removing the epics will bump you're average ability damage up even more.

Comment

I would like to know the numbers of people still playing this. It just seems to go from bad to worse.

Comment

Too hard to gauge the player count, its players are too busy staging a boycott

Comment

I had missed this but effectively another day another issue

Comment

It's OK... They have a road map.

Comment

The road map is bull****, the site breaks down whats coming and on first glance it looks like they will be a steady flow of meaningful new content new story missions, new free-play events, new strongholds, ect. The new story missions properly pulled the rug as they arent new story content. they unlocked the ability to individually replay one of 4 missions on a harder difficulty.

New world events have amounted to nothing more than increased spawn rates of enemy's with no real purpose to it. We've had outlaw outrage which just means we get more outlaws spawning on the map with no real goal or reason behind it. A dominion event that had you destroying crystals that was so broken it saw you eliminating a stand in asset (see below*) but the worst event has to be the latest one that was kill 100 monsters, this is not an event its a checklist.

* https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...y_stand_patch/
              Last edited by Lebowski; 18-03-2019, 08:55.

Comment

EA and Dice are going to need to issue a roadmap for their roadmap soon. Looks like most of the planned updates are shifting to TBA dates as the developer still tries to pull the base game together

Comment

Or is going the way of Andromeda. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes long-term plans have already been decided/are being decided right now with regards to this game.

Comment

I have a theory. I'm willing to bet their delivery estimates were based on the team's velocity during development, and they've discovered post-release that (1) the team can't continue to work at that back-breaking pace longer term and (2) that created a bunch of issues that need to be resolved, because it always does. As a result they'll have to push everything back to a more sensible release cadence.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that as a running release and franchise Anthem is now unsalvageable. EA's also starting to groan under the weight of it's own franchise corrosions that it can't really afford having studios waste too much time on dead prospects. Apparently even Apex Legends is showing worrying signs of rapid playercount drop off, they're quickly moving towards FIFA being the only popular, well received franchise they have going.

It's self-inflicted but I can see DICE spending months getting Anthem into shape and then quietly cancelling half the originally planned roadmap rather than continue to pump resources into a dead franchise.

Comment

Bioware dropped DLC (and Multiplayer) support for ME:Andromeda very quickly after it bombed. Although I appreciate it isn't apples-to-apples comparison. [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] may be right but I can't help but think this is a case of maintain an illusion of support whilst most of their studio is prioritising Dragon Age 4 and other projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                          prioritising Dragon Age 4 and other projects.
                          According to a few internet articles DA4 is being pushed down the 'money road'.

Comment

Honestly, if true they should just cancel the game before they waste more money on it. The world barely cares about Dragon Age anymore as it is, put a focus on microtransactions in there and it's dead on arrival. Really, either EA makes serious changes or next-gen is going to be brutal to the company

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I have a theory. I'm willing to bet their delivery estimates were based on the team's velocity during development, and they've discovered post-release that (1) the team can't continue to work at that back-breaking pace longer term and (2) that created a bunch of issues that need to be resolved, because it always does. As a result they'll have to push everything back to a more sensible release cadence.
                              It was in development for 4 years and even then pushed back. I just think they can't have planned the servers that wll and like the game most prob run OK in the office, it didn't out in the wild. The game is still ace fun and given that it's sold so well in the USA I see EA add more and more to the game before the years out.

Comment

I don't see a way out for Bioware. DA4 won't bring in the heaps of cash EA want so EA will just consume them like they have every other studio. I don't know how long this cycle can go on for before studios stop selling themselves to EA.

Comment

Working...
                                X