No announcement yet.

Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s what happens when greasy little sticky share holders have their hooks in you and want more and more and more for less all the time.

My condolences in advance to all the development staff who will get cut so the shareholders can buy a new Ferrari each.

Comment

I'm more tempted to believe they thought AL wouldn't be as big a hit as it has been. As a belated BR release based on a barely holding on franchise, they likely thought it could be a nice line of revenue whilst Respawn works on other stuff too. Instead it's blown the doors off their line up.

Comment

Yeah Apex Legends does look like it might give Anthem some really problems, if the buzz around it keeps up. Can't say I'm interesting in playing either, but certainly I can't help, but noticed the AL chatter and just nothing on Anthem. Does look like it will be R.I.P. Bioware Edmonton if this keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          I'm more tempted to believe they thought AL wouldn't be as big a hit as it has been. As a belated BR release based on a barely holding on franchise, they likely thought it could be a nice line of revenue whilst Respawn works on other stuff too. Instead it's blown the doors off their line up.
          EA Today

Who knew a well made free game would blow up like Apex legends has, do you think they have paid off the main Battle royal streamers to give it a boost or they have just picked it up naturally, if they did get paid its win win for them they get a big kickback to play a brand new game and get to monitise among there followers too, how often do you get paid twice for one job

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            do you think they have paid off the main Battle royal streamers to give it a boost
            Yes, definitely. No-one seems to be making a big deal about it, but apparently a load of streamers had #ApexPartner in their tag list, but just for launch day. From what I can see online, there's considerable debate about whether a streamer has to declare this, legally.

Like if they're saying "you should buy this", that's one thing - that'd require a declaration to be legal, at least in the UK - but, to use an example, if Nintendo gave you a free Switch, and you use it on the bus, you don't have to declare to everyone who sees you that Nintendo gave it to you.

They're continuing to play it because it's been an unexpected success, but they definitely started due to being paid. That being said, those sites are big with their bandwagons; EA didn't pay every streamer, they just had to pay a few key ones, and as the game is freemium, everyone else just jumped onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Yes, definitely. No-one seems to be making a big deal about it, but apparently a load of streamers had #ApexPartner in their tag list, but just for launch day. From what I can see online, there's considerable debate about whether a streamer has to declare this, legally.
              It's called the FSA and ASA guidelines and what most don't realise is every country your video or stream is broadcast in you have to follow that regions rules. Twitch and YouTube both run rough shot over copyright law as if they followed them by the book nothing would be uploaded to either platform.

As it stand if you are given a free copy of a game from a publisher you must declare it, same if you are given any promotion items under FSA and ASA rules. As Apex Legends was free to all, as long as EA didn't directly contact the streamers in person to tell them about it and ask them to stream it, they are fine. If the streamer got any form of promotion from EA then it must be declared in the stream or video.

I should know I spent a few days checking op on the rules for our channel and I now know many channels do break the rules as they haven't read them or just don't want to follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Like if they're saying "you should buy this", that's one thing - that'd require a declaration to be legal, at least in the UK - but, to use an example, if Nintendo gave you a free Switch, and you use it on the bus, you don't have to declare to everyone who sees you that Nintendo gave it to you.

They're continuing to play it because it's been an unexpected success, but they definitely started due to being paid. That being said, those sites are big with their bandwagons; EA didn't pay every streamer, they just had to pay a few key ones, and as the game is freemium, everyone else just jumped onto it.
                It's a very grey area then as its essentially a paid advert for the game at that point, a paid advert watched by millions who don't necessarily know its a paid advert.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  It's a very grey area then as its essentially a paid advert for the game at that point, a paid advert watched by millions who don't necessarily know its a paid advert.
                  DrDisrespect just had #ad in his Twitch title on launch day. To be honest I'm of the belief there needs to be far greater policing of YT/Twitch where ads are made much more obvious to the viewer in the same way an ad on TV or magazine is never part of the normal content. Perhaps in their own 'paid for' section.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                    DrDisrespect just had #ad in his Twitch title on launch day. To be honest I'm of the belief there needs to be far greater policing of YT/Twitch where ads are made much more obvious to the viewer in the same way an ad on TV or magazine is never part of the normal content. Perhaps in their own 'paid for' section.
                    To be fair, this is why the wealthy YouTubers got so wealthy. They circumvented advertising rules due to legislation not existing back then. Those rules have been updated though, so it's less lucrative now than it once was.

It's despicable too, because YT's audience skews very young.

Comment

Really enjoying this and love the art direction

Comment

Just activated the 10 hour trial on EA access , and having not played the demo , I’m suprised how much I enjoyed my first few hours , the presentation is superb but I will play my full 10 hours and see if I think it still worth it, but so far I think I’m buying it .

Comment

Yeah it's really nice and I love the Avatar feel to it all, no doubt because its EA it get slaughtered

Comment

It will get slaughtered because is a average, boring, short on content and a bugged filled mess which the press and YTer's seem to agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                              and YTer's seem to agree with.

Comment

A counterpoint to you thinking there is a massive EA conspiracy that will bring this game down (despite Apex proving otherwise). So the press don't matter either to you? also weren't you in the Apex thread talking about the importance of influencers aka YTers and twitchers with millions of subs??? People paid by EA to play this disaster have given up on it.

Playing the demo earlier this month was enough for me to know this game is a complete wreck.

Comment

Working...
                                X