No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stygian Zin is out, bringing the Tundra area for the Guilding Lands with it, and the latest ma-hoosive monster. Didn't get time to do the Recon assignment for it yet but will be on it tomorrow. Also, no answer for a distress flare for SZ...soloed it in about 25 mins but carted once. Looking forward to fighting a tempered one at some point in the future.

Comment

Wait, the other guy's in too? Ooh boy.

I spent some time this week, managed to get all of the RE2 before that disappeared, and then pottered about the guiding lands along with some other event quests on the side. A buddy's just jumped in too, and even though the defender armour is making the base game a bit of a joke for him, it's quite fun to jump in for some added help, given you can kill LR monsters in no time at all, and even when you do take hits it's barely noticeable from looking at your life bar.

Comment

My only regret this week is that I only killed one Brute Tigger while the event was on. At least they will show up in the Guilding Lands now.

Comment

Ruiner Nergigante beaten and MR cap removed! Well, until 200 I think.

Comment

still hovering just below MR100, did play quite abit to get that next cap increase till the flu took me out of action all week, did clear S.Zinogre a few times, a good fight though the new ice zone is tiny (but now part of a huge map), made his gunlance with lvl7 shells and normal blast for killer full cartridge release. The new raid looks like it it'll be decent with the new xeno monster reacting alot better to damage to all his body parts, at least they decided to make the behemoth comet mechanic better by having the rocks be indestructible (at least so far), looking forward to full raid fri/sat.

Comment

The rocks are semi-indestructible, meaning the blast can destroy them, but just regular attacks from Saji won't.
              Played the seige twice tonight, then got left out of the games going on, but hung out in the Gathering Hub until someone killed it so I got to share the rewards! Be aware that the weapons you can get from the rewards are limited to 2 or 3, so pick the ones you want, not just holding the button to scoop up everything. Looking forward to playing it a few more times over the weekend and using some of the awakened weapons you get.

Comment

cleared 2 recons... and i see a limiting problem for the weapons with extra functions, so far they all seem molded from the as same base, just with different starting element and a I-V upgrade in slot 1 on filled in, which is really bad for hunting horn as the songs on it are a real **** combination, which also means no interesting range weapons when it comes to ammo types/reloads/devi, and gunlance's shell level and blast type. Hopefully am wrong and the next HH clear i do, give me a different selection of songs... GKulve while long, annoying and grindy had interesting stuff up and down is rare 7 and 8 weapons.

Comment

I've not played with Safi at all yet, but via THE INTERNET I've tried to follow along with how it all works, and I think you're right about there only being a small group of initial variations - one for each element / status. The first 'awakening' that you get is randomised too, but mercifully, entirely replaceable. I saw that there are awakenings that can change up phial types for Switch Axe / Charge Blade etc, so I assume there will be something similar for Hunting Horn songs, but at the same time if they are randomised in the weapon pool I can also see why you'd want to take the time to get it right first time rather than having to dedicate an awakening slot just to get that set right. If it's not randomised, then I guess we'll just have to suck it up to get the right phials/songs/modifiers. A nice feature that I like is that you can upgrade the potential rate of your future awakenings by using the weapon in the siege to break parts from Safi. Bonus.

Comment

I'm happier that the update brought more layered armour to the game, I made pink rath, los and odagoron. Looking ahead to next week and the new winter festival too!
                    Although apparently we can't get the Elder Melder to meld stygian skymeralds yet, which is the only part I still need to upgrade my Stygian HBG.

Comment

Winter event is on in MHW!

3 recommendations right off the bat:

1. Make the Oolong armour
                      2. Use the Oolong armour and play Duffel Duty, remember to take your Ghillie mantel and start in the Shipwreck camp. You'll get some rare gems each time and the chance of getting a VIP Joy Ticket. And the quest takes 32 seconds to finish if you do it right!
                      3. Help the steamworks and get melding tickets. Take the tickets to the Elder Melder to get more gems - I got 3 Release gems (Free Element) in on go, and 2 Handicraft in another!

Comment

tons of new item events, i've so far machine the HZD LGB gun with the energy mod, instead of using the new Aloy armour (ugly), im releasing the trigger before it nukes all my HP, and pairing it up with recovery dec's to get the HP back from shooting it. Then put in some special ammo booster and capped focus so i have 2 minutes downtime, in which i switch over thunder and 1-shot reload lvl2 stickies, good stuff, and works well on Savi, doing 100+ damage a round towards the end of overload bar.

Also made the pickaxe long sword... 540 hidden blast on it. Pretty sure there's alot more event stuff i've not gotten new items for, but i certainly try the Oolong stuff, missing 2 tickets to make the waist and feet.

Comment

I wondered if the Pick Axe gave any other special effect but it seems not, shame.
                          The Aloy armour has some crazy def on it though, 1400+.
                          My standard kit is Solemn Reflection HBG with its auto-reload sticky lvl 3, Zorah armour to give artillery lvl 5, special shot charm (got a special shot gem today! just need a second), but I've added Slugger lvl 3 so I KO monsters more frequently.

Finally joined a GL session where they were fighting a Lunastra, so unlocked that optional quest for MR (no other way to get Lunastra yet). I'll be on in again tomorrow if any one wants to join me hunting it.

Comment

Had a couple of bits of good luck with this festival; needed a Coral-area quest for the daily bounties, went back to the old HR event Coral Waltz, and finally got the Pink Rathian smallest gold crown I needed! Now I'm down to I think 5 crowns for the base game platinum...

I'm leaning on the Steamworks a lot too, as I'm finding I'm getting some really great decorations from the melding tickets. Most notably - I finally got a magazine decoration! Goodbye Dodogama legs, I am finally free from you!

Comment

I'm saving up my gold tickets, Wonka-style, and will be using them all together on Christmas morning. I have 6 so far.

Comment

I think you can meld 4×VIP joys tickets in to gold as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X