No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm taking a break until the event then. Playing every day over christmas break was a little much.

Comment

It begins again, friends.

Comment

Well i know what i'm doing for the next 2 weeks.... so, so much to make, all the HR layered is in, Astral Armour/layer, High Ranks special cross other weapons are now upgradable to MR (witcher, Final Fantasy, DMC) , i want that Rocket and Meat Hammer and i'm guessing i'll need to finally grind arena coins in master rank...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          It begins again, friends.
          Already made my Overdone Meat hammer.

Comment

Logged in at about 11:25 last night and managed to cross off the limited bounties by midnight. With the state of loading times being what they are I was quite pleased with myself.

Comment

Wow! I managed it in 3 quests but took a bit longer than that.

Comment

Is Iceborne a bit better populated now? I played for a while at launch but struggled to find MP support or hunts to join, and as I'm not elite I really relied on - and enjoyed - this aspect in the main game.

Comment

Which system are you playing on? I can't say I've had any trouble finding folks to help with most of what I'm doing on PS4, but it is worth noting that the majority of the post-game play is centred around one particular area, which does make 'normal' quests a bit less appealing to those who're going after high-end upgrade parts and so on.

I'm finding the current event seems to lean harder on VIP tickets for the good stuff, which means sticking on the event gear and farming the really uneventful quests for quick clears. Not sure I'm bothered enough to get all of the Royal weapons, nor to fight Barioth over and over for them...

Comment

I'm on PS4 too, but I've considered myself lucky if I've found more than a couple of people on the player list in the main hub. I guess it's just as you say and the dedicated player-base have moved on from the main/Iceborne HR quests now.

Comment

Sounds daft, but how exactly are you looking for folks? IMO it's not worth worrying too much about how many people are in your particular session unless you've specifically joined one to play with friends. I normally keep to searching current SOS flares that match what I'm looking for (like right now, MR event quests), or if it's something that's not current, I just start it myself and pop the flare. I think you'd be very fortunate to find people who've started a particular Assigned quest that you need, whereas I'm sure if you got the ball rolling and tried to bring people in, you'd have much better luck.

Comment

Guiding lands does split the player base when it comes to regular activities outside new events, specially if you under MR100, as there's split for what joinable in GL (can't remember the splits but there 3 levels at least). While that's not a huge problem on it own as MR100+ players will need to low rank GL items in areas they've maxed out (i.e. everything is tempered, and low level items drop alot less or not at all) and i find a alot of the low rank MR's in GL will have SOS's going on but not flag with the handler where or what they are hunting so you find people won't join in. As for LR/HR/MR assignments and optional's(with equip rewards) it depends on capcom putting VIP tickets on helping out to get story cleared MR's to help out or ideally knowing someone to come help you.

When i log on i manually choose a server with 5+ people in, and then depending on what i want to do arenas, raids and GL i jump into those servers. For events i tend not to bother as lots of people are doing them. Try looking for assignment servers with a few people in them or just asking for help here, i'm usually on often, and alot during new events times, so shooting a message over PSN is fine.

Comment

Still playing a couple of hours a week, and grinding out the hours when new monsters and events hit.

Since last update they have added a bunch new weapons from the a full 'Royal Blue' weapon line to comedy weapons like wielding to live fish daggers. 2 new variants added with Brachy getting a larger super explosive version which comes complete a unique ending where he walls everyone in to a small area of the map so it's really hard to dodge explosions. And raging rajang a constant super saiyan MF'er with his ass weakness remove so you have hit him in the head... hast new moves like jumping in the air and throwing 5 thunderballs, new grabs and faster transitions between moves . on the plus side their weapon and especially the amour look awesome.

they also updated the steamworks to eat 100 fuel a burn which in turn gives 10x the items... just in time for the spring events overdrive bonus, 10x silver tickets, here i come!

Spring fiesta is on and so every event is up, new stuff is the fish daggers, a new tuxedo set and layered head piece or a downy cake bird sitting on you head. I'll probably stick to multi-monster events (4 t 5 at a time) as i an finally small/large crown the monsters i'm missing, and spam the tempered zinogre for level11 deco's.

In other news, i've gotten in to Bow recently which i've mostly ignored, and tooling up sets for elemental damage and the new thousands dragon move (basically a shotgun special move using your slinger ammo for a boost). Main reason for it was barely seeing bow users anymore in hunts as it seems they really nerf raw damage for bows which in turn, turns off lazy players having to fine tune sets vs the monsters they hunt, rather than before of just pushing through with raw damage regardless the monster.

Comment

Fresh update, Kulve is now updated to Master Rank and his fights changed from Raid/Siege to a regular fight with the mechanics of breaking body parts constantly to keep him from running away early. Thankfully the fight starts in Area 2 so no more cannon stuff and they added couple of new moves to armoured and nude phases like melting the entire ceiling so it drops a load of molten balls of death on you.

Sadly the weapons are a right kick in the balls... MR kulve doesn't drop weapons just upgrades to level up the old Rank 7 and 8... and i chucked the MF'ing lot of them a couple of weeks into Icebourne... all those Kjarr weapons (had about 14 of them) down the drain alone with the old meta guns and bows. This now means i can either do the old long ass siege to RNG with the drops or play RNG with the new melding options turning Kulve carves in to points to make RNG rank7/8 weapons... even then most are all high elemental so it only really suits bow/lbg/daggers and sns, unless there some meta with the HBG and horn/song combos like last time the made them.

At least the armour looks decent for defensive players as it gives Free Meal secret along with capped out Free/ammo in 1 head slot and the rest come with large slots.

Also new are layer options for all the new monsters on weapons and additional customise level-ups.

Comment

Accidentally did the high rank arch-tempered first last night and it was a breeze with Iceborne weapons and armour.
                              The MR event wasn't that bad, although one of the guys carted 3 times. We got a decent amount of drops, I should have looked at the armour before upgrading a weapon though. Oh well, I guess I know what I'll be doing today.

Comment

The armours look is very different to the gold viking plate from last time... instead you get sexy devil horned wizard.

Also recent been building 'Comfy' equipment sets, using Divine + set bonus, Vahl's super regen and capping out Defense/Divine/regen. I'm not spitting out big numbers but i can just stand upright all fight swinging, barely any downtime to chug potions, evade or put a shield up, worked really well with a safi-blast long sword on tempered Ruiner Nerg event.

Comment

Working...
                                X