Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    How much!! I’m still stuck on the zombie dragon thing.
    if you need help, just say what times your likely to be online and i'll help kill. Otherwise level up the armour you have to max, and max out misama skill to stop his aoe curse cutting your HP in half, you can stay quite safe near his chest area, evading and running away when he stand ups, as this will either be a body slam or his downward breath attack. If you're fighting in dirty areas use the torch slinger ammo to burn off the tick damage for a few minutes.

Comment

Fire weapons are also advised to help kill it faster. I should be free on the weekend...

Comment

I might have to take you both up on that! Some nice Japenese gamers killed the wind dragon for me, while I hid in a ditch or ran for my life.

Comment

Finally beat the last monster Arch Tempered Nergigante... after so,so many close calls pushing him into deathwoes it hadn't cleared as he goes alittle to mental in his den. I'd at least gotten to point where i very rarely cart to him now after seen all his moves so many times, so know when to turtle up. Basically went in with 1 shield,1reload,1 recoil on the stryx HBG but full guard(x5), and 3xVahzY set which gave me 5x dragon attack which was useless to me but also gave full regen to max HP so i could hide behind shield and eat attacks, plan was simple, open each round with exhaust, attack with normal3, slicing and sticky, and when he goes mental with his hardened spikes use sleep ammo to put him down then plant bombs and unleash crap ton of cluster bombs.

Now i only need to clear it 4 more times to get his full set.

Comment

Iceborne beta is up for anyone with a psn+ account, 3 monsters to hunt with a couple extra monsters interrupting the hunt as normal. the snow map has a pretty comfy atmosphere and i like all the snow deformation, there's no town hub in the beta, you just matchmake into multiplayer from text menus or jump in to training area.

As for the added move sets, all weapons get slinger ammo moves and catch claw grapple attacks. Sadly the grapple doesn't work on climbable walls and ledges.

Biggest changes are Horn getting an extra note to play called echo, during any normal swing hit L2 to do the echo move (spin the horn in you hands) then follow it up with 1 more normal note to get a an echo song, which lays an AoE bubble on the ground for players run into and gain a short buff similar to equipment sprays. They also added echo wave which is a direct damage song, does about 100-150 each time i played it and combo'd it up with r2 extension.

Other than that Light bow gun in the beta gives a 4th slot and the 2 new mods to play with, evade reload which reload ammo on slide dodge(evading button twice just after shooting), the more mods you stack the more bullets reload on a dodge. The other mod shoots the mine out in front and rocks the player back with a somersault dodge.

Heavy Bow gun has 2 new mods as well, Heart mod which im not sure what it does, i assume it makes any snipe gun a heart special or just increases the mag size... no idea doesn't explain and the help text for that is on the weaponsmith which isn't in the beta. The snipe mod makes the sniper in to a single bullet which in training did about 530 damage. Scope is available on pressing L2+^+O, this zoom in and gives guaranteed critical hits if you line up the distance correctly, not sure on the disadvantages yet, forgot to test if you evade or shield block with scope on.

prices are up on the UK store, £32 for standard dlc on it's own, £45 for the vanity items and PSN themes.
            Last edited by Tobal; 21-06-2019, 16:17.

Comment

Had a quick crack at the beta towards the end of the night. The changes to charge blade are really interesting - my guess being that they observed most people using it were loading phials, powering up the shield, and then staying in sword mode and taking the shortcuts to its bigger moves straight from sword mode. Instead now there's a way to power up the axe too, which then makes the standard swings in axe mode hit multiple times and generally do a tonne of damage. In some ways it's an incredibly minor change, but it now means I'm way more tempted to actually spend time fighting in axe mode, which is actually a huge change.

I've not even begun to comprehend all of the new shenanigans with the slinger and the claw, but they definitely feel like they will make a huge change to the way you fight too.

Oh, and Tigrex. He's lively for sure - only had a couple of fights against him, but after the first group carted a bunch then timed out, I thought this one came out pretty well comparatively!

(so darn rusty I forgot to eat! )

Comment

Missed the beta, but will be buying the DLC regardless. Looking forward to getting our hunt on again!

Comment

I'll be returning to the beta at the weekend (in between mario maker), as i didn't do jagras. Killing each of the monsters gives some vanity items in the full release.

Comment

He's a tough one, make sure to bring a full party and load up on mega potions.

Comment

I thought the beta was only last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        I thought the beta was only last weekend?
                        psn+ only last weekend, everyone this weekend.

Comment

cleaned out the terrible jagras, and had another go at Tigx with the HBG, you can block in in scope mode, so there's no reason not ever be not in it, as it zoom out for blocks, reloads and dodges, so as long as you keep it in the orange you'll land critical hits (on weak areas).

Got all my tickets for full release, and pre-ordered the DLC.

Comment

Latest info, new receals for returning monster and 2 subs, the new Hub area, and how world and the DLC interact with each other.

Comment

Took AT Nerg down for the 2nd time, 3x HGB and 1 SnS (doing wide range potions), i hide behind my DJO HBD slapping it with normal 3, sticky 3, and sleep/ exhaust, following by poison on being wake up by barralls and cluster volly's. 3 more wins to go to finish his armour, and 2 more after that for evil ryu layer set.

Comment

I'm really hoping I get to come back for all these big boys when I've got my Iceborne gear

Comment

Working...
                                X