No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the evening grinding for Velk HBG and Charge Ax. I was helping teh noobs at the same time, so not wasting energy just grinding. Now I want to go after Ishhy for a bit.

I think we need to coordinate GL sessions on the weekends so we can help each other get the better stuff.

Comment

One thing I've heard is that it's generally only possible to maintain two areas of GL at level 7, and that it's best to fix on those, and have a buddy have the opposite two areas at 7, so that you can help each other out. Not that anyone of my areas are even above 1 yet, but when folks are getting close it might be an idea to share what you're gunning for.

I don't think I have anything on this weekend, so I should be free if folks want to try and get together for a few hours of GL.

Comment

i would be up that, currently level 4 in forest and desert, but it seems most players level those anyway, specially forest as it's the starting hub and has Zingore/Gaun in it. Going aim for Rotten and Desert i think.

Also find out GL tempered monsters drop the augments upgrade spiritgem stuff, tried investigation tempered fights but they only yield higher level decorations.

Comment

Been looking at what came out from today's dev diary, and the support for this post-launch is looking just as good as it was for MHW. Here's a good catch up on it all.

Comment

Beat Rjang over the weekend, and his weapons look really good, such a hard time choosing the first one to make.. the great sword basically a massive club and the long sword is a glaive, ended up making the dual daggers which look like gauntlets, so i feel abit like a monk.

Comment

I swear I've spend half the time in GL trying to find where to mine/find bones. Figured it out now so will be getting the rank up a little. Yuan Garuga is out and about now so I've got to go crush that. Beat it in the event quest that was released this week, far too far off the MR90 that the other new event needs and doubt I can get up the 39 ranks to do so this weekend.

Comment

First Tempered fight in GL, Barroth dropping lots of shinies. Started the Rajang fight but left it, still unlocked the volcanic area \o/
                Finally made my HBG Tank kit - Zorah head, chest and waist, Uragaan hands and legs. Guard Up, Guard lvl 4, Artillery Up and Artillery lvl 5 to start, gemmed up to Guard lvl 5, Defense lvl 7, Special Shots Charm for lvl 2 along with a few other bits and bobs. I'm feeling like regular Wyvernsnipe has been nerfed though, so I switched to type2 instead along with the usual 4x shield.

Comment

You can probably free some of guard slots, as I read 1 shield mod = 2 guard

nevermind, read that guard needed to reduce chip/recovery and stamina lost, i think shield mods only upgrade the type of shield (SnS->GS->Lance), then what the heck does a 4th shield mod does (new to MHWIB)... i wonder if it gives some cool a free guard up. Can't find anything on it
                  Last edited by Tobal; 21-10-2019, 17:05.

Comment

I've made a set for when I'm using a charge ax as well now - got me up to 1003 def(!).
                    Had to give up Earplugs for the moment, but sporting Guard Up, Guard lvl 5, Def lvl 7, Handicraft lvl 3, Critical lvl 1, Partbreaker lvl 3, etc. Thinking I might switch in Capacity Up and Item Prolonger, but we'll see.

Comment

I've got two very effective charge blades (Shara + A. Glavenus) and a few good armour bits, but really need to spend some quality time in the guiding lands to get the Zorah armour and some augments. I like my current skill loadout, but that sweet, sweet, four-figure defence spot is what I'd like to get to. I've really not found much time for this lately, which might actually be a more sensible way for me to play this, rather than the total timesink I fell down with vanilla World.

Resi 2 shennigans tomorrow though... I should make sure I don't miss out on that.

Comment

4 runs and I had enough STARS coins to make both sets of armour, both pendants and both room decoration items.
                        The zombification mechanic is interesting, be sure to grab all the green herbs you can before you face BVVH - which itself seems easier than normal. That might be my switch back to HBG though.

Comment

i like the risk/reward of staying in zombie mode, pairing it up with the both recovery dec types (Red HP and potions/post red) makes you invincible in the gas area's, just super fast HP regen when sheathed gets you back to full HP in seconds. Shame they didn't put inte RE safe music for the post screen rewards, we get the crafting noise and herb/spray sound effect, don't recognise where the win/carve music is from though.

Not done the other special reward quests to get the fan made weapons.

Comment

We have until Dec 5th for those anyway. I'll be leaving that for the weekend. Brute Tigger is back from this thursday too.

Comment

Bit late to the party, but tried the RE2 event last night for the first time. The quest itself isn't too elaborate but is kinda fun - staying as a zombie and just sheathing to heal through hairier moments seems like the way forward - but the rewards are nicely done. Getting the typewriter in your room and it working exactly like you'd want it to was a particular highlight.

I'll hopefully squeeze in a few more runs of it this week to get all of the mats needed for the items, and then there's the Horizon event to be thinking about too... and then it's not long either for Stygian Zinogre, and potentially whatever the heck dragon it was the previewed in the recent dev diary.

Comment

The Horizon event is already going "Into the Frozen Wilds", gets you a special LBG and a new pendant.
                                I realised the other day that you can upgrade the Wyvern Ignition with the black eagle tickets, so had to do another couple of "Hunter's Dream III" tonight.

And Brute Tigger is in the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X