No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer events are on for 2 weeks, so if you want to try and get all the new gear and vanity items released as extras for the last year before iceborne hits, then now's the time, along with a 1 off log in prize of an attack gem and super armour shards.

Personally cleaning up a couple of missed vanity items, one more AT nerg win and Great Jagras decoration hunt in aid to get stupidly rare guard up, free element, handicraft, Piercing Shots and focus gems. (just got polish, so that's 1 off my list)

Comment

I need to remember to log in for that attack gem. I've still only got the one...

Comment

Next week for Iceborne, and we got a "last Trailer" today showing 3 new monsters and the rumored 2nd new playable area guiding lands looking a real possibility with new areas (not covered in snow or part of the original areas) shown through out the trailer. Also the promise inthe zinogre tweets about more unrevealed monsters in the game.

In the meantime i tried grinding out the decoration events over last few weeks but never got that guard up gem i wanted.

Comment

That last trailer is great, am very excited to see some of my favourite encounters back. Bring it on, Brachydios!

I logged in to get my attack gem (and other items) but that's about it. Ideally I'd like to get somewhat up to date with other games (read: FFXIV) before Iceborne launches, but it's pretty clear I'm not going to have the time.

Comment

We still have a few days...not that that really makes a difference.

Comment

Holy smoke, latest official stream reveals the APES are in, really unexpected, nice one capcom.

Comment

Oh bloody hell. Rajang is probably my least favourite encounter...

Comment

Just checked PSN shop. Does anyone else think this is a little bit over-expensive as a DLC? This is not a baited question, I'm just curious. I'm not hardcore but I really enjoyed the base game, but the DLC is pretty much the same as I paid for the disc. Sorry if I'm sounding stingy.

Comment

We've had a year and a half of free updates. They have pointed out that the DLC is the same size as the original game. I'm not justifying the price (as it is a lot), but it does make sense. Paid up yesterday, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Comment

I've gone for the 'master edition' (essentially both games in the one physical set) and that's a rather oof-worthy £50. I've no doubt I'll get my own money's worth, but I can definitely see why someone coming to this fresh might have trouble justifying that.

Comment

been playing it this morning, there's just so much to do, it really feels like world 2. So far did enough story to open up hornfrost, and couple of equipment quests to get the claw and allow for mantle upgrades so they can carry decorations, along with a few new master armours (which already start off with around 120 def, which is about 30 more than endgame HR) which allow for lvl4 decoration to be slotted in (seems mostly the same abilities early on but you get 2 or 3 points into an ability instead of 1). Also lots more side stuff to work on again from new trail hunter paclio stuff (seems to basically be pokemon snap, taking photos out inthe wild), capturing new small animals and farming all new crafting and medical items.

Really like the claw mechanic now i've spent a few hours with it. I mostly prefer to use the weakening option which lets you do high critical damage to whatever part you hit on the mount (also gives red/orange crit number a frame so you know your hitting it),

i can easily see another 600 hours spent over then next year

Comment

My stingy resolve crumbled when I saw the stellar reviews and I have also been playing this morning. It's great. I 'only' played 120 hours of base game up to about lvl 30 (this is about twice the usual end-campaign lvl but most players seem to be in the lvl hundreds now) so I'm finding it really tough. Was carted five times before beating first proper monster, which needed an epic coop battle in the end. The clutch claw is a fantastic addition. We were struggling with this mighty beast until I managed to aggro him with a 'Flinch Shot' and he charged and knocked himself out against a cliff-face for tons of damage (O to scratch monster's face with the claw and make it point where you want it, then R2 to unleash all your slinger ammo point blank its face and send it careening off). Strongly recommend doing the clutch claw tutorial mission - picked up from the Weapons/Armour guy - before heading off (I would've missed it if I hand't checked in on the off-chance). I'm not usually fond of wintry game scenarios but this looks lovely. The new camp is massively more efficient than Astera, much as I love that old place. I may be imagining it but it seems there is also a faint hint of actual character/motivation in some of your guild chums now, instead of them all just being happy-go-lucky extinction-mongers. We'll see, I guess. Anyway, really looking forward to scraping through the upcoming trials by the skin of my teeth as usual.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 06-09-2019, 16:10.

Comment

the start was alot easier for me as i went into it with 500def from High Rank endgame gear so the first 3 story monsters barely hurt me apart from dealing with poison. Currently have 20 or so optional quests from MR1/2 sections to work through, which like last time contains alot of quests to upgrade gadgets, frontline base camps and the new home town.

I did have ago at the steamworks minigame which opens up, chucked in 20 odd coals(from mining instead of fighting during the story quests) which gets me about 600 energy use... which breaks down to 10 energy per go, all this means is you hit 3 buttons in a row, guessing the right order levels up the steam faster, pushing the steam gauge to max 3 times ends the loop and gives you ton of prizes (and a trophy) which can be anything from monster bits to armour shards, and also steam tickets which lets you make rarity 10 armour.

If you make it Master Rank 2 you can do the events, there's a double snow shark fight which gets you a rarity 9 greatsword made from a frozen tuna... some of the new weapon models are starting to look rad to, i seen a guitar in the hunting horn section.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                              been playing it this morning, there's just so much to do, it really feels like world 2. So far did enough story to open up hornfrost, and couple of equipment quests to get the claw and allow for mantle upgrades so they can carry decorations, along with a few new master armours (which already start off with around 120 def, which is about 30 more than endgame HR) which allow for lvl4 decoration to be slotted in (seems mostly the same abilities early on but you get 2 or 3 points into an ability instead of 1). Also lots more side stuff to work on again from new trail hunter paclio stuff (seems to basically be pokemon snap, taking photos out inthe wild), capturing new small animals and farming all new crafting and medical items.

Really like the claw mechanic now i've spent a few hours with it. I mostly prefer to use the weakening option which lets you do high critical damage to whatever part you hit on the mount (also gives red/orange crit number a frame so you know your hitting it),

i can easily see another 600 hours spent over then next year
                              It really does. Taking pictures for the cat researcher, using View Mode to get some nice landscapes...and fighting monsters I guess. Funny how the first armour you can make outclasses the High Rank stuff instantly.

Comment

First impressions last night were great - tonnes of QoL changes on top of what seems to be a mountain of new content. My end-game HR mixed sets have gone straight out the window in favour of a full set of the first dang monster in MR, giving me a ridiculous boost to defence. Haven't quite worked out how best to work the clutch claw into my offence, nor the new charged axe CB power up, but it's interesting playing some multiplayer and watching folks go in heavy on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X