No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first AT monster is released with AT Namielle, as standard it comes with new moves and hits harder but... they massively increased the HP pool, most fights are 15 to 25 mins, a long time for players not to cart 3 times. No new weapons but we get 3rd Namielle set which is perfect for Bow as it caps all the stamina abilities long with its set bonus of increased elemental damage, should work well for Dagger and Hammer, just slot some handicraft or KO in there.

Comment

The glow to it is something special too.
      It is nice when people don't cart within the first 2 minutes. That seems to be every Namielle and Kulve fight right now. I have almost enough bits to make both sets of Kulve armour. The full Release on the Alpha head is veeeery nice.

Comment

And we are done again until the summer event happens.
        Got enough Nami tickets to make the armour, but still need one more for the Artian layered. Managed to augment almost everything from the tempered Ruiner event too.
        Overall, good haul.

Comment

i did enough to get the armour B route and get the 2x full layer armours, didn't bother with the earings. My main bottle neck right now is shadowore ore, done loads of tempered elders but only 1 drop... so i have alot of charms to max out and couple of charms which require annoying to get weak tempered monsters in guiding lands for areas i've not developed, so until stockpile a bunch of rotten area items, i'm finding it impossible to get fights vs a tempered S/Legeia and coral puki-puki.

Comment

Looks like I need 1 more nami ticket, they put a layered defender armour in the low rank I missed.

Comment

Yup, same here. I focused on getting dragonvein coal chunks and running the Steamworks at x10 twice more for the silver tickets instead.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Yup, same here. I focused on getting dragonvein coal chunks and running the Steamworks at x10 twice more for the silver tickets instead.
                what's the best way to farm coal? i've tried laps around guiding lands but it seems so random on getting good coal (im guessing something to do with how leveled up it is?) or hitting up the numerous red points in the hoarfrost on a mine points increased investigation, which is steady but low numbered coal.

Only missing guard up now from the old decorations, i'm convinced its a myth.

Comment

The volcanic area and the tundra area in the Guiding Lands. Play without fixed regions once or twice and after getting them to about level 4 (I think) you should be able to get a decent haul. 3 loops around one then move to the other and repeat as much as you can be bothered. I have a special set for mining GL with Geology lvl3 and the Detector/something Charm.

Comment

Not been doing much with MHW, logging in an finishing a few optionals at a time didn't do, but i've run in a road block off not being able to open up some level 5 quests due to unknown requirements, so now i have this ugly blue [completed] stamp on the menu. Other than that started to level up ice and coral in guiding lands as im missing a ton of items i need for upgrades... GL is such a turn off for grinding, they should just say 'fk it' and let up level up every area and choose the level of popped lured monsters as no one, anywhere correctly labels sos GL's.

Made sure to be logging on this week to get those +2 deco's

Also think my super safe long sword set made me lazy, built a frame-work of

Gold Rathian Head/waist, Vaal Body/Hands, Sharla Legs, which allows for +divine and super regen, and easily access to max out HP, regen, divine and defense, then slot in resistances on to gliding mantle and an elemental one, swapping between so i'm also covered for 2 things. Damage isn't bad either, as i no longer need to pop potions i can keep swinging for 60-80 a hit, 100+ on weak/crit and if can change from raw/attack LS/charm to elemental targeting i can sometimes get that much higher and debuff the monster.

Comment

The summer festival is July 22nd onwards, so after a few Alatreon runs to make those weapons I'll probably take a week off before the daily grind begins again.

Comment

Just so cheap. I'm really disappointed with this quest. Safi'jiva has a similar wind-up before the nova, but at least you can hide behind stuff.
                        Alatreon blasts away all the cover and strips your health down faster than anything can replenish it.

I know it can be done, I've seen the Quest Complete screens. The trick is apparently to use elemental weapons. Do elemental damage to it and the effects of the nova are lessened.
                        Yeah, okay.
                        Last edited by kryss; 10-07-2020, 04:52.

Comment

i only had a few goes on solo and few attempts in a group... don't think need the hassle, the armour and weapons are terrible so no need to fight him at all.

From reading the proper method your suppose to mainly use fire or ice depending what mode he starts in, then when he goes in "dragon mode" you need to break his horns to stick him back to what fire or ice mode he was in... doing enough elemental damage should weaken his unavoidable nova in to something you can cure out of like luna's flare... problems are you can farcast out if you start inthe wrong equipment, and if you fail the horns, your stuck not being able to elemental damage... or you can go dragon elemental damage but then you need to hit faster and harder as it does less than fire/ice.

also then the gits inthe air alot making melee a pain, and you can restock ammo for guns, the farcaster ban is stupid ****.

Comment

From what I'm hearing this is proper, proper end-game stuff. I'm very far behind now, so don't think I'd stand a chance.

And yet, I've seen a sub-10 minute solo speedrun. Haha!

Comment

going to give solo a few more goes, just not meeting the DPS check atm and dying to nova.. the fight is actually decent test of skill once you get the patterns down for the elemental attacks, its just that nova thing is bull plop. Not even bothered with group, to many under defense players dying before nova goes off, not enough damage being done.

Comment

Conversely, I pick the lower-level groups to join as I know they're all going to cart on nova. I just like to get the practice in. I've gotten 3 horn pieces so far anyway.

Yesterday I spend the evening grinding Luna HR/MR to craft the MR Luna LBG Blaze, which has rapid-fire freeze and flame shells. I'm getting used to not just tanking for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X