No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite not having actually beaten Alatreon, I've gathered enough parts to make its light bowgun AND upgraded it.
    Really quite frustrating that I've spent so much time on it and not a single win to show for it.

Comment

i still don't have a win either. I've found from trying to use different sets, anything less than 1100 def makes for much harder fight and it's a struggle to quickly farm up spheres to upgrade armour or fit in 7 defense deco's when you need to stack that elemental attack.

did another round of it... just stuck with the dregs of terrible players, just 1 person not pulling their weight loses it for the other 3, barely attacking, spending more time healing than attacking, karting to normal attacks, not using life/dust powders to help each other, constantly have the dragon debuff on them so they do zero elemental damage. I've at least gotten good at breaking the horns so i can keep him in fire mode and use a ice elemental weapon.
      Last edited by Tobal; 17-07-2020, 17:09.

Comment

MH Cadet here. I think I have finally understood the appeal of these games, even with this entry, that I understand is streamlined, it can be quite overwhelming.

There is clearly a lot of content though, I wanted to ask a question to MH veterans if I may? Generations Ultimate is on sale on Switch, seems like it might be a perfect portable game to pay light attention to and while away some hours, given that I have started properly with MHW, will I find it too much to go back to the old style?

Comment

It may feel like a step backwards for you, certainly. But then again it might help you get used to the basic fighting styles of other weapons you've not picked up.
          Be aware this entry has different styles that can be used with the different weapons, something CAPCOM walled away from when they made World.

Also worth noting that Generations on the 3DS is basically the same thing, they are even cross play compatible online...if I remember rightly.
          Last edited by kryss; 05-08-2020, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            It may feel like a step backwards for you, certainly. But then again it might help you get used to the basic fighting styles of other weapons you've not picked up.
            Be aware this entry has different styles that can be used with the different weapons, something CAPCOM walled away from when they made World.

Also worth noting that Generations on the 3DS is basically the same thing, they are even cross play compatible online...if I remember rightly.
            Thanks Kyrss, that's helpful to know. For £17 i think it might be worth a punt for MH on the go.

I really do like MHW now, after struggling to get on with at first the gear grind is strangely addictive.

One thing that is still beyond my comprehension is the armour. I think, because I bought late, I got given a pretty strong set, blue and silver guardian armour. I'm on to the + monsters now but nothing I can craft seems to come close to it in any category. I'm bored of looking at it, even now I've changed it to green and black...

Comment

Yeah, you've called it - the guardian armour was introduced with a pretty specific aim of getting people through the base MHW game with as little trouble as possible, and into Iceborne. It'll even get you through a fair few Master Rank hunts, but beyond that you'll need to start switching it up.

Comment

It's bit of a curse that Guardian Armour. I started a new playthrough with a friend who was new to the series and I thought it be a good idea to get through the introductory stages of the game. It just makes you pretty invincible and doesn't prepare you to what's to come in terms of actual difficulty. My mate saw that it was a bit too easy and said he wanted to grind properly and then he wasnt lasting five minutes in battle Spending most of his time being carted around on his back by felynes

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  It's bit of a curse that Guardian Armour. I started a new playthrough with a friend who was new to the series and I thought it be a good idea to get through the introductory stages of the game. It just makes you pretty invincible and doesn't prepare you to what's to come in terms of actual difficulty. My mate saw that it was a bit too easy and said he wanted to grind properly and then he wasnt lasting five minutes in battle Spending most of his time being carted around on his back by felynes
                  That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it... I really should take it off and get my ass kicked a bit.

Comment

Final update video due friday which i'll assume is a road map for november/december for the year anniversary of Iceborne. Not really expecting much for me, didn't enjoy Alatreon gimmick outside is regular attacks so i'm expecting the final returning monster (probably Fatalis) to given something equally annoying.. apart from maybe 2 more variants and bunch of Arch Tempers if we're lucky and some worthless GL updates.

Looking forward to World 2

Comment

I want to say I won't get a sequel...but I will. I wouldn't even mind another expansion, or even porting it to the PS5 for another expansion. I am weak.

Comment

Summary

Fatalis with a remake of an older area
                        only 1 Arch tempered for Velk, i'm guess they're only covering Iceborne new elder's.
                        MELD A MF'ING Shield Jewel 2!!!!!

End of free content... well not that im bothered, we we've gotten bi-monthly updates with new monsters and areas which is alot more than other service games and the MT themselves have been fairly well hidden. So whats next? paid for bi-monthly updates or another addon similar to iceborne (and i assume an upgrade to next-gen?), we'll have wait on news probably in to the new year.

Comment

Update is out, you start the special assignment with a Alatreon rematch , thankfully you only need to survive the first nuke and he'll die shortly after as doesn't have half the HP he has in the regular version. Fatalis has some long cutscenes and for some reason i can't search for his matches after doing it twice... anyway i hope you enjoy lots of one and 2 two moves.

Comment

Yeah I think I'm done with this. I need to recharge my enthusiasm ready for Rise next year.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Yeah I think I'm done with this. I need to recharge my enthusiasm ready for Rise next year.
                              Its a hard fight... not beaten him yet, to many one-shot moves and a gimmick around flinching him so you can break his head before reaching "stage 3" to make some sort final attack easier to survive(you can do it without i've read)

Instead i've gone after the 2 new USJ events, which upgrade the old low/high long sword to master, lets you make the old azure (blue samurai ) set in layered and gives new a bow, master armour and layer version (looks like a the samurai showdown main guy)

Comment

I've been playing this again the last couple of nights. I'm currently HR50. I'm enjoying just joining SOS calls.

I have a few questions...

1. I have a friend who is HR9, will be able to co-op, if I'm HR50?

2. If I do any SOS called missions which I myself have not completed, one I finished the SOS, will the mission be labelled 'completed' for me?

3. I feel like I should box World off before moving onto Iceborne. Is this a good idea or should I just get it? When is World content considered "done"?

Comment

Working...
                                X