No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about going back to this and picking up Iceborne. I tried the Rise demo last night and it did nothing for me. After I prefer the feel of World and I've already got a load of progress in it.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      Thinking about going back to this and picking up Iceborne. I tried the Rise demo last night and it did nothing for me. After I prefer the feel of World and I've already got a load of progress in it.
      It's weird. I tried the Rise demo too and it inspired me to boot MHW again. I've had 2 enjoyable late nights on it. I didn't dislike Rise. I think it may take getting a bit of getting used to in terms of the mechanics. I will be picking it up fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I've been playing this again the last couple of nights. I'm currently HR50. I'm enjoying just joining SOS calls.

I have a few questions...

1. I have a friend who is HR9, will be able to co-op, if I'm HR50?

2. If I do any SOS called missions which I myself have not completed, one I finished the SOS, will the mission be labelled 'completed' for me?

3. I feel like I should box World off before moving onto Iceborne. Is this a good idea or should I just get it? When is World content considered "done"?
        1) you can join any fight he's set up as long as you've already beaten it in regards to assignments(story quests), However alot of the assignments and specials require a cutscene to be seen by the player before others can join in, so the HR9 sets up and starts the quest, gets the cut scene and then fires an SOS for you to join in or he gets the cutscene and quits the quest, you can then both start the quest at the beginning. As far as the HR9 joining your setup normal hunts and events it depends on hunts HR level requirement which given on the hunt detail screen.

2) as with above, for assignments and specials it depends on you getting the cutscene first, for everything else it is HR/MR minimum level requirements.

3) you can just bash your way through world using the guardian set, but you will hit wall speeding into iceborne, you'll take lots of damage and be required to grind equipment, this is where learning the monster attack patterns and knowing your gear and weapons strengths comes in, stuff most would have learned during World before the Guardian Set came in. World is considered done when you finish all the assignments/special assignments, if you're extra hardcore, then beating the HR level Arch Tempered Elder Dragons as well (orange glow on the monster icon).

P.S. some events give LR/HR equipment, which can then be upgraded again when you reach MR in iceborne, like USJ named stuff(long sword and bow), the Devil May Cry swords, Witcher3 Swords, Final Fantasy Spear. Those are the ones of the top of my head.

Monster Hunter World Wiki Guide: Monsters, Weapons, Walkthrough, Armor, Skills, Palicoes, Items and more.
        Last edited by Tobal; 12-01-2021, 11:22.

Comment

Thanks. I think I have enough to be getting on with. I have done all Assigned quests, but I have a ton of Events and Investigations to do. Several Optional too.

Comment

Working...
          X