No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witcher 3 quest is now active, much like the FF14 quest line, is a permanent addition to the quest lines and they mod it just enough to make it feel like the game it came from. So you get to play at Geralt, sword'n'shield move set (invisible shield like Devil may Cry weapons), ignis as useable item, wonder around the forest doing quests and talking to npcs from MHW using a graphics front end from witcher3, like multi choice questioning, you get the red tracking, witcher music and couple of witcher monsters. Main aim is do the sub missions before fully fighting the boss monster which will lead to multiple endings, getting the best ending gives you something which i assume is a Ciri skin going on the update trailer.

I got the basic ending on mine, opened a bunch of things like ignis for normal hunters, Geralt skin and his swords.

And they swapped the decoration barfing Jagras out for Lavaisoft, which on my first run got my a nice rare artillery dec.

Comment

The support for this game has just been absolutely outstanding.

Comment

Loved the Lechen quest. Obviously have to do it a few times to rinse the items. Looking forward to Lavisloth later.

Comment

Did AT Nergigante happen yet, or is that still to come?

Comment

Still to come. Got enough tickets last night for my Beetle and Commission Layered Armour. Really need to do some AT Lunastra...and finally beat that damn Behemoth!

Comment

So close to keeping that damn Puki alive, 2 minutes more and i would have had it and the attack dec as a reward... i know how the do the galikaga or whatever they're called quest, so i can speed up resource gathering, makes it feel a bit like a MGSV subsistence mission, fishing up bleed scales, quick whets, crafting items for flashes, life powders (damn puki). Think i need to give up on using the SnS, need bigger AoE to catch those hateful little jagra bastards.

Far as quests go, we got a part 2 to the witcher quest with Ciri and tempered boss next friday(i think), AT nerg will likely be 3-4 weeks after that.

Comment

I finally got to doing the Witcher quest the other night, and *nearly* kept it alive on my first go. I'll give it another shot soon, because yeah, I don't think I'll be getting another attack decoration any other way. I only found the time to do the Lavasioth appreciation quest once, but I did get some nice ones from him. There's now a pretty long list of event-related gear I'm missing, but what's most heartbreaking for me is being so damn close to my last 2 trophies. I'd love to get them done so that I can take a proper break from it before Iceborne, but right now it's just eating at me that I've gone so deep on this but am still not quite at the finish line.

Comment

still not cleared it in 5 attempts, so i've given up for now. Did go do the Ancient Lichen quest is is the much harder 4 player event... so many damn instant death moves, pack alot of flashbugs, cap your flinch, us something with shield and pray your teammates not only keep the igni burns going but have flashes ready to save anyone in trouble. 2 clears in 10 attempts which was enough for me to make the ciri dual blades and get the vanity geralt and Ciri costumes.. still need to go back and get the items for the upgraded witcher sword and Geralts/Ciri full armour equipments.

Just missing Mini/Large Crowns achievements myself.

Comment

1 wins out of 3 for the ancient lechen so far, got my SnS and Ciri, just need another mutagen for Geralt and one more mat for the SnS upgrade. Reminds me how I'm not proficient with most weapons, only 3 or 4.
                    Got enough mats for the Bulwark charm finally so I don't need 3 pieces of Uragaan armour for Guard Up now.

I am liking mixing the layered armours - my current is the Commission set except for the head, which is the Gala hat. I also have my set ups colour-coded depending on what the set up is modded to fight. Green for Jho, blue for Luna, etc.

Comment

Last update is upon us, Arch Tempered Nerg. Couple of new moves (like behemoths spin), little pause for breath, extremely fast, and hits hard. Had to give up on horn, just spent the entire fight healing myself, really needs a shield job or being a pro at the evasion roll.

Roll on iceborne.

Comment

Were you soloing it?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Were you soloing it?
                          nope, definitely wouldn't solo on horn. run in, hit it for meh damage, often getting smacked for half HP before i could roll out. Only had 5 goes so far and failed all so far.

Comment

Damn! Sounds like a challenge!

Comment

I should really try to come back for this, particularly given Nerg is one of the very small number of monsters where I'm still after a gold crown. I had regular ol' Nerg down to a fine art; 4-5 minutes a hunt without fail, though I'm sure this will be a much more painful affair.

I did mean to bump the other thread regarding Iceborne, but here's probably just as good a place to get some chatter going. Who's in? The new area and monsters they've shown off so far are all looking pretty interesting, and although he's a total arse, it's good to see Narga back too. I'll definitely grab it, but the bigger problem is whether or not I'll feel slightly less burnt out about the whole thing by September...

Comment

I'm in. I would have preferred a pre-summer holidays release so I could waste my 8 weeks of school playing it, but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X