No announcement yet.

Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin awards 2021. Nominee: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Other

Comment

How in the hell is Aintitcool still running and how in the hell does it still look exactly the same as it did decades ago?

Comment

A new road sign has appeared on a bypass near us and I can't work out what it means.

It's a green and white sign. Green background with a white cloud shape on it, half of the cloud is diagonally filled in white and within that white space is the letter C
        Below it is a red sign saying 'From 22 May 2022'

I can't find anything online detailing what it's supposed to mean though

Comment

Could it be film or TV industry, they put secret signs up sometimes for directions to filming locations.

Comment

It's the only one on that road I've seen so far, it's a few yards after a roundabout. At first I wondered if the C stood for Cycling or Carbon etc but even then there's already a cycle path and as it's a bypass I can't work out what it would relate to

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              A new road sign has appeared on a bypass near us and I can't work out what it means.

It's a green and white sign. Green background with a white cloud shape on it, half of the cloud is diagonally filled in white and within that white space is the letter C
              Below it is a red sign saying 'From 22 May 2022'

I can't find anything online detailing what it's supposed to mean though
              Low Carbon Emission zone?

Comment

Possibly though I'm curious what kind of implementation it would be as there's no way they'll be stopping high emission cars driving down it

Comment

Manned gun towers?

Comment

Why are things never simple with energy companies?

We've moved home and I just want to change the address on my account with Octopus to the new house.
                    The new house is a newly built house which they insist, never fully reading my messages, doesn't exist and yet the other energy companies do. They say it's not on the grid yet, but it is. I've provided meter readings for it, the meter numbers, plot location etc

Instead, they've created two unassigned sub-accounts to my account that contain no data. They've also deposited just shy of £10,000 in credit into our old address account. As much as I'd love to be paid £10k for moving house I know that's going to be taken back from us but it's becoming clear that I can't trust them with the simple task of an address change and am mindful their next attempt could just as easily be to mess it up and in the process try to take far more than $10k as well. Currently, they're refusing to respond to me further.

It's a very simple change I want to make!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Low Carbon Emission zone?
                      A Clean Air Zone (CAZ) is a defined area where targeted action is taken to improve air quality. Through the use of a daily charge for entering the zone, the Council will encourage people and businesses who own the most polluting vehicles that travel through the District to consider upgrading their vehicles to meet our new air quality standard.
                      better late than never 2 years we waited to find out what that weird sign was

We have one in Bradford Dosent effect domestic vehicles but charges business's who are driving old dirty vans and trucks that contribute the most too pollution.

Comment

Our zone has been temporarily suspended.

Comment

Alchohol Free Drinks
                          Just... why? I know the answer is because people like them but there in lies the why? I'm not even advocating for getting off your face, I just can't process choosing to drink something as bad tasting as an alcholic drink without the only real point of it being part of the experience. If you're not in it for the alchohol there are so many nicer tasting options.

Comment

I don’t know about that. I like a cold beer and, every now and again (admittedly rarely), I’d like one without the alcohol. I like the taste of beer.

Comment

Alcoholic drinks don't taste bad dude. Is the answer to that question.

Comment

I'd take the taste of diet drinks over 99% of alchohic drinks out there and I'm no diet drinks fan Getting drunk was the sole real appeal, they taste more often than not like... I don't know the best description because the taste is so unique to alchohol related drinks...

Actually GTA nailed it

To me, it's like smoking for the joy of the taste of it

That being said, I'm not a pub fan in of itself. You can't even get good cola in most.

Comment

Working...
                                X