Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Alchohol Free Drinks
    Just... why? I know the answer is because people like them but there in lies the why? I'm not even advocating for getting off your face, I just can't process choosing to drink something as bad tasting as an alcholic drink without the only real point of it being part of the experience. If you're not in it for the alchohol there are so many nicer tasting options.
    Depends; I like lager in the summer and the non-alcoholic Heineken is pretty good; tastes very like regular lager. Only problem with 0% beer is it's usually very high in sugar.

Comment

There are thousands of different types of alcoholic drink. Wine alone has an enormous amount of variety.

It's an entire genre of cultural output. It's fair enough if it's not your thing but a bit silly to just dismiss it as crap.

I personally am a massive fan of going to the pub

Comment

If it tasted great it would be good all year round! Completely unredeemable tast.... .... very high in sugar you say?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          There are thousands of different types of alcoholic drink. Wine alone has an enormous amount of variety.

It's an entire genre of cultural output. It's fair enough if it's not your thing but a bit silly to just dismiss it as crap.

I personally am a massive fan of going to the pub

Fair, but it would likely take me a lifetime to find one I found tasted passable particularly with wine which is more rank than beer, particularly when smelt second hand. There's definitely a big dose of personal taste though, I've found that as the years have passed each year I get less interested in alchohol and have vastly less patience for being around drinkers.

Comment

I mean, it's all personal taste, for sure. But even if you don't 'get it', there is definitely something to 'get', if that makes sense? I don't like sports - find them boring to watch. But I appreciate that there's something I fundamentally don't 'get' about the whole experience which other people totally do, so I don't pass judgement on it.

Comment

Yep, it's why I aimed for the puzzled thread. In my head it's like how people love smoking but they don't ask for a cigarette flavoured vape. I went out every weekend for a few years drinking and it was fine, you get used to it but I think that was always the rub for me, the need to get used to it. Well, except for Cheeky Vimto's but that's probably the least surprising element

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                My son is 18 today. How did that happen?
                Ah wow, yeah, like others have just mentioned I've been feeling this too. My step-daughter just had her 21st Birthday... 21!! I have a 21 daughter!!!! I feel like im still 21!! :-D

My youngest has just turned 8 - where does the time go????

I honestly do not understand how the past decade or so has gone sooooo fast whereas the previous 2 decades seemed to never end. These current years are so much nicer and yet they are going too fast! Seems unfair :-D
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

So, you have a traffic monitoring car at the side of the road with a speed camera in it watching for cars breaking the speed limit.

If that traffic monitoring car begins to reverse, does the on board speed camera still record the correct speed of passing vehicles or does it distort the result to misrepresent other vehicles as travelling faster than they actually are?

Comment

How are we up to the final season of Stranger Things and they still haven't cast Steve Guttenberg into a role?

Comment

How are we up to the final season of Stranger Things and they still haven't cast Steve Guttenberg into a role?
                      Poor work on behalf of the Stonecutters.

Comment

I was sure they had…

…then I realised I was thinking of Paul Reiser.

Comment

Was Bryan Adams Everything I Do, I Do It For You such a scale of success and so definitive that it justified that no-one has dared release their own cover in the last three decades?

Comment

Was Bryan Adams Everything I Do, I Do It For You such a scale of success and so definitive that it justified that no-one has dared release their own cover in the last three decades?
                            More that it was overplayed, I think. Like Wild Wild West; once it had done the rounds everyone agreed to never listen to it ever again.

Comment

It's quite a interesting one this, after 16 weeks at no1 and constant airplay it became the first piece of publicly released and mass consumed audio that was found to be so harmful to those that listened to it that the world health organization banned it globally. It's been linked to all sorts of nasty things like explosive diarrhea, chronic flatulence and Ebola.

Comment

This put Wet Wet Wet's Love is All Around in my head which almost overtook it to become the second longest running UK No.1 ever despite being the weaker record. That led me to read that it was knocked off number one by the release of Wigfield's Saturday Night

Man - That feels like a lifetime ago

Comment

Working...
                                X