No announcement yet.

Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like this post if you think that Zen Monkey wears a tea cosy on his head with a water colour of a cats face on it. And a really baggy purple knitted jumper.

Comment

Like this post if you don't think that Zen Monkey wears a tea cosy on his head with a water colour of a cats face on it and a really baggy purple knitted jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Like this post if you think that Zen Monkey wears a tea cosy on his head with a water colour of a cats face on it. And a really baggy purple knitted jumper.
        It's a white sweater, your mind supplies that colour to it.

Comment

The amount of people on here who use the function to hide that they’re online. What have you all got to hide?

Comment

Oddly enough, I think Charles' ex-missus has just posted an ad for a working at home-type deal on a for Facebook for-sale group where I live. Which is miles away from where Charles lives... Weird coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              The amount of people on here who use the function to hide that they’re online. What have you all got to hide?
              How often I'm browsing this place. lol

Comment

Sony owns some rights to Spider-Man, makes a AAA game and see's great success. They entirely own Ghostbusters and yet nothing... why Sony? Why?

Comment

Because people care about Spider-Man.

Comment

His records were woven into the lives of millions – but Leaving Neverland appears to make clear the King of Pop was a paedophile. So can we divorce the music from his alleged crimes?

Interested to see this documentary because, well frankly, it seems odd that it's both taken so literally yet at the same time is derided for not fairly arguing or investigating its claims either. The Jackson claims have always been... a difficult thread to follow, more informed by whether an individual wants to believe in most cases. Previous documentaries etc have been the same, always skewed too much in favour or against him and a genuinely factual one would be interesting because he clearly had a very affected personal persona and demons but at the same time you do get smoke without fire on occasion when it comes to exploitable rich celebrities and there's a fair amount of scepticism that can be levied at some the claims against him, not least from the ones in this documentary. Much of that comes from the first case which is probably the one most worthy of attention as that settlement would be a massive greenlight to money grabbing chancers as well as anyone with a legitimate claim. Given the extremes in views its caused it'll be interesting to see how biased and accountable for its claims (and therefore convincing) this actually is.
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 01-03-2019, 08:33.

Comment

I heard about that documentary on Vice, I had a bit of a heated discussion with my mum about it. My first album was 'Thriller'. 'Off The Wall' is off the scale, in terms of brilliance. And I've long kinda overlooked his chimp n' boy shenanigans but always innerly found it dodgy. I always wanted to believe he was innocent, and the victim of chancers. Yeah.

But in that heated debate with me ma, I basically asked her if it would be normal for that Colin bloke down the street who's about 50 who's lived on his own for years and never did anyone any harm...then would it feel OK for him to have pre-10yrs old round to spend cuddles n' marshmallows time in his main bedroom, watching The Goonies and Hook in their Jim-jams.

Nah. It's not right, it never was. Grown men don't share their beds with little boys.

I'm not saying he's a noncester (I hope he wasn't) but I'm a realist and great accepter of Trufax. Come on, peeps, it was never right. I mean, Jesus H. Dunderdale, it's clear as ****in glass!!!!

Comment

I think the stories of him having kids around him all the time are exaggerated. During the last court case (which was utter BS if you read about it), it was evidenced that the parents or guardians would be at the house too. He was investigated for 2 years by the FBI with random unannounced raids and they found nothing.
                        You would think with all the stories of rich people doing bad stuff lately his name would be the first on the list if he was guilty of anything. Look at what's happening with R-Kelly showing that the level of fame or fortune doesn't matter.

Comment

Was in Dredd mode last night, ha. I'm actually a big fan, I was weaned on his choonage and his slick dance manoeuvres.

But I can't help feeling it was always well dodge. I know the guy had a couple of Hells worth of inner demons but that still doesn't make it look good...

Comment

I thought the reasons he hung around with kids were that a) he basically missed out on childhood because of his dad; and b) that kids would be honest with him and treat him likr a person. If you haven’t had the chance to grow up normally and then find yourself surrounded by adults who’ll agree with everything you say not matter how absurd(because they’re on your payroll, or after your money/connections), that must be a head trip.

Comment

There's all sorts of stuff about him that makes him fascinating but also concerning. But at the same time I couldn't help but get annoyed at hearing the BBC had banned his music from their radio stations, a deeply unfair and hypocritical move from them

Comment

Unless this documentary has some hard facts, in which case they disprove any allegations so have no need to air or prove allegations and so should be in the form of a submission to authorities rather than television, this is little more than gossip. I can understand the rubber-necking back in the day but this is long after the fact and so long after his death that anything concrete should have come out by now. So many of our childhood heroes didn't get this hard a time and turned out to be filthy pervs so it just seems wrong that this is still going on after all this time. I think it appeals to the worst in people.

Comment

Working...
                                X