Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post

OK, I received an order from Play-Asia today for the first time in a long time. There was some extra stuff in the box about their loyalty scheme and so forth, and also this thing.

What on earth is it - can anyone tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
      Some sort of sleeve to keep a credit card or ID badge in?
      Well, I've kinda tried folding it around and stuff to try and make the little notches fit together, but can't really see how it becomes anything like a wallet or something.

I'm mystified! Mystified!!

Comment

Is it some kind of small plastic hat?
        When I first saw the picture I could only make out the table underneath, so my first response would have been "a bit of branded wood?".

I suspect you should fold down the unconnected parts so the notches line up, then fold in half - matching the notches again. Use and elastic band to hold it together and you have a credit card wallet.

Comment

I’ve binned it. It was just sat there mocking me.

Comment

You're going to regret that as soon as you realise you need a... well, the thing... what it is.

Comment

Can anyone explain why PC World doesn’t sell PC parts? Maybe it’s like Boots who don’t sell any type of shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Can anyone explain why PC World doesn’t sell PC parts? Maybe it’s like Boots who don’t sell any type of shoes.
                Staff would have to know more?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Staff would have to know more?
                  As long as they know how to operate the till that's all I need them to do.

Comment

Yeah...you've met the general public though.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      I haven't been into one for nearly 10 years.

Part of me suspects that these two facts are related.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Yeah...you've met the general public though.
                        I used to be staff in an electrical retailer so I know what that's like.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        I haven't been into one for nearly 10 years.

Part of me suspects that these two facts are related.
                        I hadn't been in one in a long time either so was surprised to see how much it had changed.

Comment

^can't understand how the Leeds one keeps going. Two floors, too, and escalators, iirc (ain't been in since about 2009!!)

What the HELL are they selling???! Last time I went in it was overpriced HDTVs, £40 gold-plated HDMI 360 leads and mobile phones galore. And cookers, for some reason.

Can't understand it. Who shops there??!! Two floors of prime real estate in the middle of the spendy part of town and I don't know anyone who's ever shopped there after HALO 3 came out on the 360 back in the oh-sizzle-seven.

It's nuts. Perennially puzzled about it!

Comment

Can't be real.

Comment

Trump would want to look into this kind of stuff and totally wouldn't keep his mouth shut so his presidency has convinced me even more that no alien life has ever been near Earth

Comment

More like Trump is the ET and this is precisely why he's keeping his gob uncharacteristically shut.

Comment

Working...
                                X