No announcement yet.

Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are far too many films where it's all too easy to know a movie from seeing the trailers

Here's one: What exactly is the purpose of the Stature of Limitations? It seems like a cop out to permit people getting away with dark deeds

Comment

Statute? Probably some insurance cop-out. There is no statute of limitations on murder though.

Comment

Yep, statute I'd just read the story about the Spanish doctor who used to tell parents their newborn baby had died and then sell it off to other couples and how they won't move against him because it's been so long since he stopped doing it. Makes zero sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Yep, statute I'd just read the story about the Spanish doctor who used to tell parents their newborn baby had died and then sell it off to other couples and how they won't move against him because it's been so long since he stopped doing it. Makes zero sense at all.
          It's meant to be because cases go "cold" in the interim. The theory is that a malicious person could hatch a plan to accuse someone of a crime, and they could "accidentally" keep the necessary evidence to indict them. Then they wait 10 years, and "realise" the crime occurred and report it, resulting in a court case.

The accused has a problem here, because they are unlikely to possess any counter-evidence for something they didn't do 10 years ago. I mean, if you were to suddenly be accused of doing something in on the 4th December 1994 at 6pm, how could you disprove that? Unless you have a very specific alibi, you probably can't remember what you did and neither can anyone else.

This means it can result in miscarriages of justice.

It's not perfect by any means, but it does kinda make sense.

Comment

Surely then there should be some sort of sideline based on the accusations and evidence to hand? I mean unless there already is but it doesn't get mentioned much as there must be pretty certain guilty parties who get away with it otherwise

Comment

Saw an old friend today who still keeps in touch with my ex wife who lives overseas. She told me my ex wife has married another guy but has kept my surname - and not only that but her new husband has also adopted my surname. How odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                Saw an old friend today who still keeps in touch with my ex wife who lives overseas. She told me my ex wife has married another guy but has kept my surname - and not only that but her new husband has also adopted my surname. How odd.
                They both use the surname Monkey? That is odd.

Comment

I so badly want Zen Monkey's first name to be Simeon.

Comment

Ashens video come up on my YouTube recommends. Called "Will it Sodastream?".

What puzzles is why Ashens wears his hair like one of them tiny Benny hats old lags wear in 70s prison movies like Escape From Alcatraz. Seriously, it's on par with Jack's Creation*.

*look deep

Comment

Frigginell, can't take me bleedin eyes off it, I've ruined the enjoyment of this vid and it seems to be pretty fun, as well.

Can't understand why he slightly shaves his sidey bits just above the fore-ear
                      , take a look and I hope it's not just me:

Just shave it off man. I hope I am not slagging someone with a disease, btw.

(I probably am and will wanna die tomorrow).

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        They both use the surname Monkey? That is odd.
                        It is odd. I can understand her keeping my surname (Eagles) cos I think it's a fairly cool surname where as her old surname (Rosenberg) wasn't, but for him to adopt it too... that's odd.

Comment

Eagles?

Eagles!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              Eagles?

Eagles!

Comment

The Great Pyramid of Giza (or Khufu) has 8 sides. I only discovered this recently watching a documentary about ancient civilisations but, yes, all 4 sides of Great Pyramid are indented down the centre at right angles to create 8 sides but the effect can only be seen during the equinox. How weird and fantastic and puzzling is that.

Comment

Working...
                                X