Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
    Any idea how long an install of this size from disc will take?
    the Blu Ray drives can read at (full pelt) 50gb in about 45 minutes.
    So I presume You'll have a full 45minute copy for PS4, plus either a quicker start for the play disc (or maybe another 45minutes)

and 45minutes for each disc on Xbox.

Comment

I’m not too fussed about this one, my fave memory of the first one was riding round in coop, everyone packed in the stage coach, which we called the war wagon. We would just charge head first into a shootout with everyone firing like mad, occasionally a stray bullet would ting off the frying pan hung on the back.

Comment

I shot every bottle lying around bars and towns in the first one hoping to get a trophy for it. There wasn't one. Good times though. Will get it done in the second. Hopefully they've put a trophy in for it this time.

Comment

I've been cleaning up the space on my Xbox One X. With 3TB of storage you'd think that would last for ages. Apparently not first to go was the **** heap known as Shenmue HD. What a disappointment that was. Then a Forza Horizon 2 and 3. I doubt I'll play them again any time soon now that I have 4.

Comment

If anybody is after a cheaper price on this Smyth's are £49.99 with £5 off a click and collect preorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              I've been cleaning up the space on my Xbox One X. With 3TB of storage you'd think that would last for ages. Apparently not first to go was the **** heap known as Shenmue HD. What a disappointment that was.
              Dare I ask what issue/s you've had with it? I want to pick it up at some point but I wonder if the games have lost their appeal after this many years.

Comment

I know it has a large amount of technical issues they're still working to patch out

Comment

Although I'm glad we don't have to settle with a broken product, it's still a shame to see the "we'll patch it later" mentality.

Comment

How does the preorder bonus work? It says code in the box but surely these will be the same boxes that will be on sale in Tesco on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Dare I ask what issue/s you've had with it? I want to pick it up at some point but I wonder if the games have lost their appeal after this many years.
                      Basically the game is broken and even after a patch the console versions are still broken. Add to the fa g that if uses all the original Dreamcast assets for Shenmue 1 a d Xbox assets for Shenmue 2 and you have one very lazy HD remake.

Comment

You can have Red Dead's game HUD stuff on your phone leaving more screen room for the beautiful scenery, apparently.

Comment

Mine has shipped from ShopTo!

Comment

I was trying not to buy day 1 as I still have Spider-Man on the go and I'm knee-deep in BO4 ... but the reviews are (perhaps unsurprisingly) glowing and I'm so tempted. Game overload is happening again.

Comment

Yea, I know that feeling. I'm trying to stay away from this, but did watch bits of the DF analysis video. Wow. Although it annoys me a little bit that all the reviews are effectively on half the game.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 25-10-2018, 13:06.

Comment

Oh man, I really don't want this game and usually opinion is a bit divided on how good a game is but...

Guardian
                                There can be no doubt that this is a landmark game. It is a new high water-mark for lifelike video game worlds, certainly, but that world is also home to a narrative portrait of the wild west that is unexpectedly sombre and not afraid to take its time.

GRYOnline.pl
                                If only I could give Red Dead Redemption 2 a higher score that 10, I would. This is by far the best open-world game that has ever graced the face of Earth. No other sandbox can even dream of holding a candle to Rockstar's newest gun-blazing, incredibly detailed Western epic. I envy all of you, who are yet to embark upon this fantastic journey and discover all the secrets this game holds. Truly, I could wipe my memory clean just to be able to experience that world once again. A true gem of the most noble kind.

Gamersky
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is the game that I would like to keep playing for years. The wild west is marvelous and full of interesting events. The story is both solid and attractive. What's more, the interactive system makes a great progress and you can interact with nearly everyone in various ways, and it feels really real. RDR2 definitely will be one of the greatest video games of all time.

Digital Trends
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is a magnificent open world game and one of the greatest games of all time. Its world offers unmatched attention to detail, the combat is excellent, and the story is among the best in a AAA game.

SpazioGames
                                The new North Star for Open-world games. Details, narrative and basically everything, are impressive. With Red Dead Redemption 2 Western setting had its first real huge tribute since the golden age of the classic movies.

Telegraph
                                This is a powerhouse of a video game, one of the finest, built by people at the top of their game and under intense pressure, lest we forget. As it is, they remind us of what games can be, creating a majestic sense of place and time and allowing you to play your role in the way only this medium allows. So, if you’ll excuse me, I have another train to, er, ‘catch’.

PSX Extreme
                                A game of unparalleled scope and ambition, with breathtaking visuals, a broad-ranging but intimate story, and an incredible sense of identity and purpose, Red Dead Redemption 2 will go down as one of the greatest games of the generation, and perhaps video game history.

Meristation
                                Rockstar launches the best video game in its history thus far. A titanic development for a first category product that presents a gigantic world, with an unprecedented depth and an interaction that marks a step forward in the electronic entertainment industry. Top notch.

Gameblog.fr
                                There's a new sheriff in the open-world action game genre in town. Red Dead Redemption 2 is sure ambitious but it succeeds everywhere he travels: exploration, gunfights, stealth, main quest, characters, side quests, customization, acting, hunting, fishing... Name one element, it delivers. And it sure looks like one of the best looking games ever seen and has many secrets yet to be discovered. And so it can be considered as a masterpiece, an extraordinary, legendary game that we will talk about with sincere admiration for ages.

Easy Allies
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 tests the boundaries of interactive immersion. Few games look this good, play this well, and have this much to offer. It begs you to slow down, turn every page of its dramatic tale, and savor every last breathtaking detail. It challenges you to be prepared for anything, and make the right decisions when your choices matter most. Arthur Morgan is the lead, but the world takes center stage to pull you in. With a list of challenges left to finish and an online mode launching soon, we plan to spend a lot more time in Rockstar’s unparalleled recreation of the old west.

The Digital Fix
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 takes everything that made the first so spectacular and elevates it to a new level. It boasts an enthralling story, coupled with rock solid gameplay, and is perhaps one of the best games ever made.

GameOver.gr
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 brings to life the most vivid, immersive and alive Game World we’ve ever seen. The realistic gameplay mechanics, the smooth interaction with the NPCs and the game’s atmosphere send the gaming value of this title sky high. No matter the hype, no matter the wait, no matter the promotion, this game gives back to the gamers the lost hundreds of hours of contemporary repetitive gaming. In RDR2, every hour is pure gold.

Game Over Online
                                Red Dead Redemption 2’s elusive, mysterious quality may be just that… it feels like every character in it has a soul. Considering the number of people across Rockstar’s entire studio roster that poured their blood, sweat and tears into this game it is no wonder that it actually feels alive.

Game Debate
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't just a great game. It's a game that sets an impossibly high new bar for how open-worlds can be handled. Its depiction of late 19th-century America feels both historically accurate yet abundantly open-ended, slow-paced and yet alive, grim and yet majestic. It makes the original Red Dead Redemption feel like a warm-up, the doodles on the page before the real thing has come to life.

Digital Chumps
                                Overall, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the perfect gaming experience, and what you were hoping for in the next iteration of the series. It has a rich story, deep gameplay, unrivaled visuals, and plenty of plains to explore.

DarkStation
                                What it comes down to is Rockstar’s intent to build a strongly realized and true to life facsimile of the 1890s — which they’ve done extraordinary well. So well, in fact, that I can’t ever go back to the first game anymore because I'm completely spoiled by this game’s offerings. Red Dead Redemption II is video game escapism at its finest and you’d be hard-pressed to find anything else this year that comes close to matching its accomplishments.

Areajugones
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is, without a shred of doubt, a new masterpiece brought to us by Rockstar. The new entry by the company has managed to achieve excellence in gameplay, storytelling and technical aspects. In the end, Rockstar has been successful in pushing the franchise to its limits in order to create one of the most complete games of all time.

3DJuegos
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is a shockingly amazing game. A big world, an intriguing story, relatable characters and an unparalleled scope for, may be, the best and biggest game of this generation of consoles thus far.

Game Informer
                                Rockstar Games has outdone itself again with Red Dead Redemption II. The up-close portrayal of the outlaw Van der Linde gang’s unraveling is a compelling companion story that blends seamlessly with the original game, and depth and breadth of the open world is a technical triumph that every gamer should experience.

IGN Italia
                                One of the best open world games ever, with the single best story ever written for a videogame.

We Got This Covered
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is an immense, breathtaking experience that will be treasured for years to come.

Stevivor
                                Rockstar Games continues to prove that when it comes to creating games, it’s the master at pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved.

TheSixthAxis
                                The hype being created for Red Dead Redemption 2 and the expectations of the passionate fan-base made a part of me believe that Rockstar Games could never deliver on all of their many promises. They did, and then some. From the feeling of a realistic living world they've created to the emotional bonds you build, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the video game experience of this generation.

Twinfinite
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is a landmark title for storytelling, open-world design, voice acting, and immersion in video games. It is certainly among the best games of this console generation, but that's not all. It should eventually go down as one of the greatest games of all-time.

Vandal
                                RDRII is a masterpiece —a game everyone who even slightly enjoys video games should play. It is not very innovative, but it excels at everything it does, creating a world and characters that will remain with us for a long, long time.

PLAY! Zine
                                Victory of gaming as an art and the pinnacle of creativity in the gaming industry. A true, impeccably-polished masterpiece that will set standards for a decade to come.

PlayStation LifeStyle
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 redefines the open world genre. Arthur Morgan's journey through the late 1800s American frontier never reveals the stitches at its seams. Whether you're engaging in a massive shootout in a saloon or quietly enjoying a moment of reflection while fishing on a lake, it all feels like a part of Morgan's life. The level of detail is unsurpassed, and it's a game that wants you to take it slow and enjoy those small details. Rockstar took some risks in eliminating traditional gaming conveniences, but everything pays off in service of the greater experience. Red Dead Redemption 2 sets a new benchmark in detail, immersion, and cohesion that will be heralded for years to come. It's just about as perfect as a game can get.

Playstation Universe
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 not only lives up to expectations, but it smashes them and feels like the missing half of a story we never knew was incomplete. Improving on its predecessor in every way that counts, it also reignites interest in its landmark prequel, enhancing the overall experience to an epic scale and giving gamers an odyssey quite unlike any other.

Press Start Australia
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is a triumph in world-building, character craft and downright skulduggery. Being bad has never felt so good as Rockstar toe the realism line while still keeping their sharp, trademark tongue in cheek. It’s the keen attention to detail where Rockstar succeed and this outlaw prequel comfortably outperforms their best works and in time, I believe, will be regarded as a once in a generation game.

Push Square
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is Rockstar's best game, and it's gripping from start to finish. It sets a new bar for open world interaction, providing an absurd level of detail across the board. It's an immaculately polished release that pulls no punches in its delivery, pushing both brutally mature themes and perfectly placed satire. While its clumsy controls and convoluted button layouts can ruin the fun on occasion, it's easy enough to look past these flaws when everything else is of such a high quality. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a modern masterpiece.

Gaming Nexus
                                An astounding triumph that will certainly stand above the pack this season, Red Dead Redemption 2 is a unique game about unique people. The writing, visuals, and gameplay combine to make an absolute standout of a title, one that has been well worth the wait.

God is a Geek
                                There was never any doubt that Red Dead Redemption 2 was going to be good, but this is something special. A masterpiece that many will be talking about for decades to come.

IGN
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game of rare quality; a meticulously polished open world ode to the outlaw era.

IGN Spain
                                A titanic videogame, a masterpiece that, like everything, will have passionate lovers and other players who will not get too caught up. Everything also depends on thematic genre and preferences. Maybe not everyone likes stories of 'Indians and cowboys'. But this interactive universe created by Rockstar tells a fantastically-constructed story and allows us to live a unique adventure. And for that reason, we believe that this production touches excellence. And for that, it establishes the first 10 in the history of IGN Spain. Good trip, cowboys!

JeuxActu
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is an absolute masterpiece, a true unique gaming experience. With its realistic and lifelike open world, Rockstar Games redefines what's possible in terms of interactive environment. Better yet, RDR2 is almost perfect on the technical standpoint with mesmerizing graphics, incredibly rich gameplay and one of the best stories ever written. An instant cult classic. [Actual score = 21/20, or 105]

M3
                                Rockstar's eye for detail, presentation and tongue-in-cheek-storytelling makes this one an instant classic. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the ultimate Wild West sandbox-experience everyone has been waiting so very patiently for. It gives us more of everything we loved about the original and then takes it to a completely new level.

COGconnected
                                Whether I'm hunting a legendary animal, participating in a story mission, playing a game of poker, or just exploring the world I've absolutely adored every moment I've spent with the game. It more than fulfills every hope and desire I'd garnered as my anticipation for it grew over the last several years. The phenomenal narrative and performances are emotionally impactful, and the depth of interactivity embedded into the pristinely polished gameplay is nothing short of groundbreaking. Rockstar have outdone themselves with Red Dead Redemption 2 as it ushers in a new era of what the medium is capable of achieving. At this point, I can't wait to start again to explore a different playstyle and especially jump into Red Dead Online.

DualShockers
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 aimed high in delivering players a living, breathing world, and it has surely hit its mark as Rockstar’s deepest, most immersive experience yet.

EGM
                                Criticisms often come easier than compliments, but in the case of Red Dead Redemption 2, I am at a loss. This is one of the most gorgeous, seamless, rootinest, tootinest games ever made, and if you voluntarily miss out on it, you’re either not a gamer or in a coma.

Everyeye.it
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is the most ambitious open world ever made. A new starting point for the genre, and an incomparable masterpiece.

Game Revolution
                                The astounding thing about RDR 2 is that there's not only a staggering amount of story, side quests, and places to explore but that it's all high quality and doesn't feel tacked on. The high level of craftsmanship in this game is evident in all its aspects, and it's genuinely one of the best games of this generation of gaming.

Hobby Consolas
                                Rockstar delivers a masterpiece in every aspect. Its organic and evolving open world, characters, storyline and gameplay mechanics made us feel "free men". Red Dead Redemption 2 also brings the best technical elements of this generation.

Merlin'in Kazanı (Turkey)
                                There is now way to explain this masterpiece with a few words. All we can say is, that's a next generation game, before next generation and it's amazing.

XGN
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 turned out better then we could ever have hoped for. Rockstar knows how to create a vast open world teeming with life, in which Arthur and the Van der Linde gang seek fortune and glory. A new standard for action adventure games has been established.

Power Unlimited
                                Whoever is willing to invest in this game will receive the biggest payoff this year could ever give. Rockstar deserves the ultimate respect for taking so many risks, that had no right to unfold as they did in the end. Once again Rockstar Games doesn't set the bar higher, but kicks it into a thousand pieces.

MMORPG.com
                                RDR2's start is slow, measured, but as the layers begin to unfold and the scope of the game's sandbox is known, you see just how impressive it all really is. This is easily a top candidate for one of the greatest open world RPGs of all time.

GamePro Germany
                                It raises the bar in almost all areas to a new level, which will probably be impossible to beat for all competitors at least in this generation. Red Dead Redemption 2 is another rock star masterpiece and a fan of what modern video games are capable of, both narrative and staged, but above all, technically capable.

InsideGamer.nl
                                This game is not for everybody, but this is not the full simulator people might have expected. You can do that if you want, but you have a choice to just go through the sixty hour story. Whichever you may choose: take your time.

Gamer.nl
                                This is one of the best games of this generation. Memorable characters, amazing missions and action are combined in a grown up story that reinvents itself again and again. Terrific!

Gameplanet
                                Despite stumbling at the very beginning Red Dead Redemption 2 cements Rockstar Games’ place at the very top of the games industry. It’s been eight years and well worth the wait.

Post Arcade (National Post)

The game is a fascinating study of a conflicted man who knows right from wrong, but doesn't always allow this knowledge to inform his decisions...He's a classic antihero: A bad man seemingly headed for tragedy who we nonetheless like, root for, and want to see make better choices.

PSX-Sense.nl
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is not just a great game, it's a digital artwork that completely blurs the line between movies and games with ground-breaking gameplay and storytelling, stunning images and an unprecedented living world with a lot to discover.

Critical Hit

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a story of endings and new beginnings, of the birth of legends and the consequences that come with creating a myth. It’s all wrapped up in an immaculate presentation, told over dozens of hours and adventures that leads to an inevitable conclusion: Red Dead Redemption 2 raises the bar for the sandbox genre and stands tall as the definitive western game of this or any other generation.

Destructoid
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is the epitome of ambition and like most things Rockstar, will meet the expectations associated with it.

CGMagazine
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best game Rockstar Games has ever made, as it deftly combines one of the richest open worlds ever made with one of the most compelling stories of this generation.

IGN Japan
                                Red Dead Redemption 2 offers epic missions, a large number of sub-missions, and high-quality dialogue that brims with originality and changes depending on how you play. It should be said that the emergent encounters feel contrived rather than truly random. However, a map that skillfully withholds information until the right time, layered status systems and gunfights filled with invention, the fusion of the Wanted system and the story, and the excellent storytelling and how this ties in to the previous game – all these elements are worthy of high praise.

Comment

Working...
                                X