Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is literally why GTA6 won't release till around 2023

Comment

Whoa there! A huge Red Dead Redemption 2 leak suggests the game will have Battle Royale, FPS gunplay, and fully explorable trains

"More Red Dead Redemption 2 information has arrived after last week’s announcement that the game was being delayed to October, but this news isn’t of the official kind. Instead, it comes by way of TrustedReviews, who claim to have obtained an internal Rockstar development memo revealing more details about Red Dead Redemption 2’s multiplayer, open world, and more.

According to the report, written by TrustedReview’s Jordan King, the development notes mention three multiplayer modes for Red Dead Redemption 2; ‘Battle Royale’, ‘Revive and Survive’, and ‘Money Grab’.

Battle Royale will be familiar to anyone who’s played PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, or another game in the popular last man standing PvP genre, and does make sense given that Rockstar developed a similar mode for GTA Online last year.

As for the other two, ‘Revive and Survive’ will apparently work like Team Deathmatch, but players are given limited opportunities to revive teammates before they get killed for good. Finally, Money Grab sounds like a bit like Battlefield Hardline’s Blood Money mode, in which two teams fight over a central objective by collecting money and taking it back to their base.

According to TrustedReviews, the memo also states that Red Dead Redemption 2’s online world will be more immersive than that of GTA Online’s Los Santos, with stores that open and close depending on the time of day, and a “tent” progression system that will work similarly to GTA Online’s apartments.

Activities available in the open world will apparently include fishing, herding, gold-mining, and weapon and riding challenges, while an official companion app for mobile phones will supposedly include a poker mini-game, alongside other social features.

The report also mentions vehicles (customizable minecarts, handcarts, and carriages, and fully explorable trains), gameplay features (first-person and third-person perspectives available for both singleplayer and multiplayer), and branching narratives dependent on player actions during campaign missions.

Finally, Trusted Reviews revealed two new images for Red Dead Redemption 2 which it unofficially obtained via the memo, and both appear to corroborate with what we’ve seen so far, showing characters from previous trailers and screens, lending further credence to the report’s statements.

This leak, though to be taken with a pinch to salt, represents the largest information drop we’ve had about Red Dead Redemption 2 so far, which remains tightly under wraps by Rockstar as it continues to work on the game until the new release date of October 26."

Comment

Lol, there's a mode called Money Grab?

How appropriate.

Comment

Wasn't money grab a mode in the last game?

Comment

Gameplay video coming (08/08) tomorow at 4pm BST. I hope Cougars are back.

Comment

This may be the first game that is so major a release that its impact has created a hype vacuum where excitement cannot exist. Everytime I look on a forum everyone is getting it yet no-one seems hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                This may be the first game that is so major a release that its impact has created a hype vacuum where excitement cannot exist. Everytime I look on a forum everyone is getting it yet no-one seems hyped.
                Smash is stealing it all.

I'll get the PC version eventually. That way I can play at a real frame rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Know what you mean
                  It’s rockstar games, they can do no wrong in the eyes of some people.
                  Everyone seemed to enjoy Red Dead which had people picking it up over a long period of time.
                  Rockstar seem to have thier own vacuum that they exist in, just you wait, once that new trailer drops, hour one, it will have about 5 million views easily, when rockstar push they push hard.

Comment

Rockstar really have the huge budget, big team, making quality games consistently, formula down to a T.

They literally haven’t made a bad game. Some of them were certainly of certain people’s tastes and not for everyone, but objectively not a single bad game.

With RDR2 it’s basically a guaranteed amazing game, day 1 take my money you filthy swines.

Comment

Was ‘state of energency’ a hit when it came out?

I remember wanting to play it so badly, when it was released, but being very underwhelmed by it...

I do agree, Rockstar tend to make successful games these days.

Regarding the hype for RDR2, I’m probably in the monority that is not really fussed about it.

I’m not really a Wild West type of guy.

Comment

I really enjoyed RDR, it was such a turnaround surprise after the disappointment of GTA4 but five years after GTA5 and 8 after RDR it's so damned hard to get hyped. Hopefully that means it's easier for it to wow when being played, I imagine it will be the case,

Comment

I think its more a statement about Rockstar and the industry in general than their ability to create masterpieces. Again it doesn't help that so much of the game is being hidden until release.

Given my backlog and the very expensive versions it makes sense to wait until later on for the single player mode (assuming it hasn't been totally ruined by mtx like online).
                          Last edited by Digfox; 09-08-2018, 12:52.

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

My wallet and I were hoping it was going to look rubbish.

Comment

Oh wow. Couple of snapshots of that is all I need (or want) to see. Looking so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X