Likewise

Comment

PC gamers will need 150GB free

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            PC gamers will need 150GB free
            That's fine, I'll just have to uninstall 6 other games to fit it

Comment

Red Dead Online will launch on PC, PS4 and XBO as a stand alone title on 01 December 2020 and for a limited time cost $4.99

Comment

There's some new content incoming too, a bounty hunter mission.
                The comments on that article are slamming RDR2O, but having just spent a couple of months playing it, then going to GTAV, I really miss the tranquillity of the cowboy world.

If you're like me and have some regular gaming chums, this will be a blast for about £3.50 for the online-only version.

Personally, I'd say splash out on the full game as it's phenomenal and a lot richer than online.

Even online, it was constantly beautiful and we were crying with laughter at some of our japes.

Comment

Any word on whether a Red Dead 2 patch is coming to take advantage of the PS5's extra grunt?

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
                    Any word on whether a Red Dead 2 patch is coming to take advantage of the PS5's extra grunt?
                    No, Rockstar have announced nothing yet for RDR 2/RDO.

There is a PS5 version of GTA V planned for 2021. Some sites have reported it as Series X|S too but it sounds like it involved some form of deal/exclusive content. Rockstar have also said they planned to support GTA Online on next-gen only at some point, so at least that bit has to be on Series X|S too.

Comment

Pity. I plan a second RDR2 playthrough on PS5 and was hoping for a performance patch, but I suppose just playing the game without the dreaded sound of the PS4 Pro fans kicking in every few minutes is a welcome improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
                        Pity. I plan a second RDR2 playthrough on PS5 and was hoping for a performance patch, but I suppose just playing the game without the dreaded sound of the PS4 Pro fans kicking in every few minutes is a welcome improvement.
                        It's a shame, and I think Rockstar are one of the laziest developers out there. Given much smaller devs have quickly produced next-gen upgrades for PS5/XSX|S for their games. Particularly given the live service nature of RDR Online & GTA Online.

Unfortunately Rockstar didn't offer GTA V/GTAO upgrades for Xbox Series X and PS4 Pro either.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                          It's a shame, and I think Rockstar are one of the laziest developers out there. Given much smaller devs have quickly produced next-gen upgrades for PS5/XSX|S for their games. Particularly given the live service nature of RDR Online & GTA Online.

Unfortunately Rockstar didn't offer GTA V/GTAO upgrades for Xbox Series X and PS4 Pro either.
                          I think what winds me up with Rockstar is they take an age to port their titles to the PC and the PC community actively gives those titles the upgrades they deserve... and then, after all that they just never really go back and upgrade on consoles.

Some of the mods for RDR2 and GTAV are astoundingly good on PC. There is literally nothing stopping Rockstar apart from the pursuit of more revenue...

You then look at CD Project Red not only confirming Cyberpunk will get an overhaul next year, but also the Witcher 3 as well. It just really shows Rockstar in a bad light.

Comment

it's not them being lazy, it's a matter of greed. Why give you RDR2 on £10 upgrade when they can 'redo' it for a full game release at £50 in years time when ps4/one are buried.

Comment

True, greed might be a better word for some of it.

Although with single-player, offline games I don't necessary mind if you have to pay. A remaster or even a port is understandable. Although devs/pubs offering those for free should be praised.

But with Live Services not being on-point with engine upgrades isn't something that can be defended. I suppose their argument for GTA Online is that 'it is coming in 2021' but it feels slow and as I say; lazy.

Comment

I can't see myself double-dipping on RDR or GTAV for the new consoles... I mean where GTAV is concerned I have already bought it twice when it got upgraded for the last generation. I don't need a remaster of the remaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X