Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dead Redemption 2

October 26th 2018

One day one of these grand games of theirs will fail at retail and it will shake them to their foundation. Great games, horrific pipeline.

It probably says a lot that I'm not that bothered by the delay. I'm sure the game will be amazing but I'd be lying if I didn't admit it'd drifted right down my hype list.

Comment

I never liked the first Red Dead Redemption! #Controversial

Maybe they'll release a new table tennis game to fill the gap.

Comment

October 26th is the same day that:

1861 the pony express ceased operations
        1881 the infamous gunfight at the OK Corral in Tombstone

Comment

Surprised they never remastered the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Surprised they never remastered the first one.
            Never say never

Comment

They still maintain that RDR's code is too much of a mess to warrant the effort. If it's true that RDR2 contains the entire map of RDR as well then it'd both make a remake easier but also a bit redundant.

I'd still buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Never say never
                I'd have expected it to drop before the sequel though considering how port happy this gen was at its kick off but I'd gladly scoop up a copy for PS4.

Comment

I said this before in other threads, but whilst I would love to be excited for for RDR2, I think it's fairly certain they will implement even more aggressive microtransactions. Recent comments from their CEO about GTAV/Online being 'under monitized' don't inspire confidence (as if they didn't make enough from GTAV!). I imagine the best case scenario is the single player is left untouched (aka GTAV etc.) however that means the game misses out on the organic multiplayer that so many of these games have now.

So on the back of recent, AAA fudge-ups, I'm not that confident here either.

Comment

I completely agree.

I have literally just said the same thing to a friend who noted it is delayed that I suspect it's purely for online tweaking and maximising profit.

Comment

I never play games online so have no idea what microtransactions are about. That said I do tend to wait until the Ultimate Turbo Remix X Final version of a game is out before getting it too but still don't play online.

Comment

Let's put it this way, Take 2 Interactive aren't happy people only spent the 'entry fee' on the game and haven't bought into their Shark Cards. Or to put it another way, it was a factor for why there was no further single player story/PVE content in GTA V. It's cheaper, quicker and much more profitable to put all their development resources working on multiplayer game modes, recursive content and managing their digital economy so that you are incentivised to get spend real money. Ultimately it affected gamers who played GTA V, whether they played online or not.

The original RDR had some well received and fairly sizeable single player content released. Only time will tell whether or if RDR2 does this too.

Comment

Depressing thought of the day. My son could be approaching high school age if RDR3 takes as long to get to shelves.

Comment

Skip this and get Deadly Premonition.

Comment

Red Dead Redemption 2 Won't Be Delayed Again, Take-Two Says

Red Dead Redemption 2 leak reveals Battle Royale, first-person and much more

"Red Dead Redemption 2 Online
                              According to the notes, Red Dead Redemption 2’s online component will feature ‘Battle Royale’, ‘Revive and Survive’ and ‘Money Grab’ modes.

It remains unknown whether Battle Royale will operate in a similar fashion to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds or Fortnite, but we wouldn’t be surprised if Rockstar hopes to capitalise on the popularity of those two titles.

Revive and Survive pits two teams against each other as they try and stay alive. You’ll have a limited amount of time to revive your teammates before they are eliminated.

Finally, Money Grab features two teams fighting to procure bags of money in a central location. You’re expected to collect and return them to your base as quickly as possible.

much like GTA Online, players will be free to explore the open-world although it will supposedly provide far more depth than Rockstar’s previous online efforts. For example, NPCs will decorate storefronts with amenities and pack things away once night comes.

Frequent rewards will be handed out to players for completing certain tasks. These might range from traveling a certain distance to murdering an enemy using a bow from 100 metres away.

Apartments from GTA Online will return in the form of tents which can be owned and upgraded by players. These are purchased in the open-world and also come in a variety of different themes.

Online play will include access to a number of shops and NPCs which can provide the players with equipment and missions. Free Events can also be organised outside of standard playlists like spontaneous treasure hunts and deathmatches."

Comment

Working...
                              X