No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs to be solo friendly and with a variety of PVE content. Agree with [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] and [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] that Rockstar's track record with GTA Online means I have zero enthusiasm for the online side. Also again like so many other incoming GaaS games, so little being shown this close to launch that this will need a few months of this being out before we can draw conclusion with how well/badly it is being run imo.

Comment

RDR1 was an amazing solo experience. The online co-op was some great japes and met some fun people.

GTAV was also amazing. Online is horrible. The people are horrible and the purchasing structure is skewed, plus they've removed any solo DLC, which was amazing in previous Rockstar games, to become GTA Online extras.

This has changed me from being an avid fan to a complete sceptic.

Like the awful Windows 10 after the great Windows 7!

Comment

First person view confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
          Needs to be solo friendly and with a variety of PVE content.
          Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          RDR1 was an amazing solo experience. The online co-op was some great japes and met some fun people.

GTAV was also amazing.
          [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] not sure that are comments crossed but just to be clear I was talking about GTA Online.

The single player modes of GTAV and RDR were amazing. GOTY experiences. I'm sure the single player part of RDR2 will be too.

PS. What's wrong with Windows 10?

Reading up about today's announcements and it seem a shame that essentially this is the same as GTAV. In that there's two separate modes. I was hoping they might evolve the MP, but I suppose at least this should keep the likely freemium, MTX-ridden online mode away from single player.

Comment

@QualityChimp not sure that are comments crossed but just to be clear I was talking about GTA Online.
            Sorry [MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION], it was more a response to Supes and how I've gone from being a fan of Rockstar (I think I own most of their games, even Ping Pong!) to being suspicious

Reading up about today's announcements and it seem a shame that essentially this is the same as GTAV. In that there's two separate modes. I was hoping they might evolve the MP, but I suppose at least this should keep the likely freemium, MTX-ridden online mode away from single player.
            Totally happy keeping them as two separate things, tbh.
            My inner cynic is thinking this might be the last full single-player experience Rockstar make, judging by the money they're making hand-over-fist on GTA Online. Why spend time and money on writers and voice artists and whatnot, when you can pump out a playground for people to mess about in?

Was this linked earlier? Apologies if so.
            This week, gaming sites got the chance to experience a few hours of hands-on gameplay time with Red Dead Redemption 2, and here's what they had to say...

PS. What's wrong with Windows 10?
            Urgh. Unintuitive menus, designed for touch screen, unprofessional programs in-built like Bubble Witch Saga and Minecraft, silly writing on the lock screen and everything called "apps".

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION], it was more a response to Supes and how I've gone from being a fan of Rockstar (I think I own most of their games, even Ping Pong!) to being suspicious
              Np. It was just the way it read, and my response wasn't clear. We are all on the same page I think.

Totally happy keeping them as two separate things, tbh.
              My inner cynic is thinking this might be the last full single-player experience Rockstar make, judging by the money they're making hand-over-fist on GTA Online. Why spend time and money on writers and voice artists and whatnot, when you can pump out a playground for people to mess about in?
              I think you might be right. I think merging the modes makes sense if they can then get the microtransactions into the single player side. I'm guess their technology and metrics are what's preventing this.

Urgh. Unintuitive menus, designed for touch screen, unprofessional programs in-built like Bubble Witch Saga and Minecraft, silly writing on the lock screen and everything called "apps".
              I've gone to quite liking it. Although Windows 7 was stable, I do think Windows 10 is something else. Interestingly my OEM version of Windows does none of the pre-installed bloat that the retail version does (Candy Crush).

Comment

RDR2 on PS4 requires 105GB free space

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  https://twitter.com/RDonlineNews

Need all that space for the shrinking hoarse balls when it gets cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    https://twitter.com/RDonlineNews

Wow. I can't help but think it's essentially 2 separate games; single player and online. Again you really should have the option to choose what to install - i.e. be able to only select the single player mode.

Comment

Releases on 26th, finishes mandatory install on the 27th

Comment

I may go digital for this, first time ever for a £50 game. The map is behind a paywall anyway so may as well. Hopefully it will install in advance!

Comment

I put on RDR on PS3 last night and oh my eyes. Looks like crap! Still getting chased by horse riders and locking on for one shot kills with my repeater was fun!

I may go digital too.

First time over 50 quid for a game eh? Guess you didn't buy an import from a local game store in the 90's?

Comment

Finally decided to actually purchase a PS4! Pre-ordered the PRO + RDR2 bundle.

Comment

Went digital aswell, if it's anything like GTA where I end up putting it on randomly for years after, I'd rather not mess with a disc. Heard the install is just over 100gb though, and thats at launch with none of the no doubt huge updates the game will recieve later on.

Comment

105GB yeah. Not sure if that's without online too as that launches in November. Terabyte time!

Comment

Working...
                                X