PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Nah, ended up replacing a transistor and some caps but that didn't make a change. Seems red is missing via RGB, but not composite. It's pretty weird, has to be something to do with the SCART daughterboard. Need a closer look but at this point it hardly seems worth it.
    Small update. Simply put, I ordered transistors with the wrong value.

The one that went bad was a JC501, some transistor website I found suggested a JC547B as a suitable replacement but I wasn't thinking at all apparently and ordered BC547B. For the heck of it I tried swapping one of the other JC501 to the red line and then red appeared. So I grabbed a JC501 from somewhere else on the input board so that each line had a working transistor and finally got a correct RGB image.

Found a site that had the older JC501 for a non silly price and ordered enough to fully replace them all on the input board. Will have to make some further adjustments to the neckboard pots but it's looking promising as a backup display in case my main becomes irrepairable.

Only other concern right now is that the h pos pot doesn't seem easily accessible as it's right beneath the tube's neck so I've had trouble trying to adjust it while the set is on... Just can't seem to get a decent grip on it.

Comment

Great work.

I know the feeling with those pots. I don't think the focus had ever been shifted on mine, because when I did manage to get a grip on it it kind of broke loose and jolted all the way overboard. I then had to take my time dialing it back in with some very special yoga to make sure my wrist didn't touch anything potentially fatal.

My lad has the 14M2 on with SMW right now. It's still going strong, but I'm dreading the day it passes. I'm just hoping that the PSU board isn't the first thing to pop, as I should be able to transplant that over to the 14M4. I'm kind of missing the 800TVL resolution, especially with us on the verge of assembling the MiSTer kit, but I daren't try and transplant anything over before I genuinely need to.

Comment

I've thought of removing the pot and seeing if I can loosen it up a little, not really sure what's going on there. Or even extending the pot out so it is more accessible while the display is on - even if just for that one adjustment.

Comment

A Sony 1454QM (800 TVL BVM) slipped through my fingers yesterday. I missed the offering by minutes. It went for €50.

Comment

I managed to acquire a PVM-20L4 from [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]. His dad was nice enough to look after it for me until COVID had passed and I was able to travel to collect it.

It's minty. I'm not really sure why I'm trying to take shots with the phone. I just can't be arsed getting the camera out.

You get the idea. It's almost at PC CRT levels of sharpness. It's also recently been calibrated.

I'm not sure what to do with all this now, tbh. This layout isn't ideal, although I do like sitting on that rug sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X