PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurch View Post
    Yeah I've been reading up on cables, definitely going rgb. Thanks for the boxing tips, he's not sending it for a couple of weeks so I'll definitley pass that on.
    Some good vids on YouTube for safe transporting crts

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      I know Arcade Club have a full time engineer who is the dog’s bollocks when it comes to CRTs. Might want to get in touch with Andy to see if they will offer a repair service.
      Don't expect a fast turn around from the lads, they do have a full time job repairing PCBs/CRTs etc for the club. I've had a PVM over there for something like 3 years now!! Might be in their long term storage as it was dropped off at the Haslingden location originally. But by all means ask.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Some good vids on YouTube for safe transporting crts
      Just bang 'em on a trolley!

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
        Don't expect a fast turn around from the lads, they do have a full time job repairing PCBs/CRTs etc for the club. I've had a PVM over there for something like 3 years now!! Might be in their long term storage as it was dropped off at the Haslingden location originally. But by all means ask.

Just bang 'em on a trolley!

Nice haul! Yours?

Comment

Anyone used 9” pvms before?

I have an opportunity to pick up two 450 TVL sony pvm 9045 models. I definitely want one for testing. They look damn sharp.

Comment

Yes, all mine in storage, and one at home in use.

I have two 9042s. One at work behind my desk and one at home that I do testing on. Great little units, an AV modded Famicom looks really good on them!

Comment

I gave away a 9042 to the person who bought my 20M4E. Probably better as a test monitor I feel after my limited time using one.

Comment

I wouldn't mind one for the boy once he's old enough to realise that he shouldn't be throwing things at the screen. They pop up all the time.

Comment

Anyone used 9” pvms before?

I have an opportunity to pick up two 450 TVL sony pvm 9045 models. I definitely want one for testing. They look damn sharp.
                  Got about 15 for free last year, flogged most of them and gave some away. Will use a couple for a pair of custom Donkey Kong table top machines which I plan to build once I've moved house. Don't really understand how anyone could really play on that sort of size regularly though. More or a novelty or useful as a test bench.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                    Got about 15 for free last year, flogged most of them and gave some away. Will use a couple for a pair of custom Donkey Kong table top machines which I plan to build once I've moved house. Don't really understand how anyone could really play on that sort of size regularly though. More or a novelty or useful as a test bench.
                    Agreed. I have a couple of projects on the go, so one should prove very useful!

Comment

The yanks on reddit seem to be going ape, over them - although most seem to be going bonkers over consumer sets with s-video!

I love their ‘s-video is as good as RGB’ rants. Lol

Comment

Hope so - just make sure the seller double boxes it and raises it off the ground!

And make sure you get a scart to bnc RGB breakout lead. Would be a sin to feed it composite or svideo!
                        Well that ended in disaster! The PVM turned up today, front casing completely cracked with a big hole in it, and no sign of life on the screen when I powered it up. Seems like the seller's not being a dick, so should get a refund, but it's still a bit depressing. I did as you suggested, pointed him at some youtube videos, but he ignored it pretty much, didn't bother double boxing, just put a bit of polystyrene at the bottom and not very much bubble wrap, no fragile labels...

If you're near Glasgow and know what you're doing it might be fixable I guess, happy to donate as long as I can get the money back from this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch View Post
                          Well that ended in disaster! The PVM turned up today, front casing completely cracked with a big hole in it, and no sign of life on the screen when I powered it up. Seems like the seller's not being a dick, so should get a refund, but it's still a bit depressing. I did as you suggested, pointed him at some youtube videos, but he ignored it pretty much, didn't bother double boxing, just put a bit of polystyrene at the bottom and not very much bubble wrap, no fragile labels...

If you're near Glasgow and know what you're doing it might be fixable I guess, happy to donate as long as I can get the money back from this guy.
                          That’s a real shame - the geometry on that set looked fantastic. I had a very similar unit which suffered the same fate - it’s very disappointing. Keeping looking locally. If I hear about any sets in the Glasgow area, i’ll Drop you a pm

Comment

That’s a real shame - the geometry on that set looked fantastic. I had a very similar unit which suffered the same fate - it’s very disappointing. Keeping looking locally. If I hear about any sets in the Glasgow area, i’ll Drop you a pm
                            That'd be great mate, cheers Yeah I'll keep an eye out, I've got the PVM bug now!

Comment

After my previous disaster, the wife bought me this little 9 incher for my birthday! I don't mind the size tbh, it's good for my setup cos I'm sitting pretty close anyway, and it's bloody lovely to look at. Really happy with it

The geometry's a bit out on the top (or left, in these photos), and it's a bit blurry at the edges of the screen (not as much as these photos suggest tho).

Comment

Looks lovely nice one

Comment

Working...
                                X