PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Those sony BVM’s are in a whole new league of quality, over any pvm I have seen. The image really needs to be seen to be believed. 14” is fine to play on too. Get em while you can boys, as Its going into rocking horse poop territory now, trying to obtain them....
    I need mine back up and running ASAP really. I miss having my eyeballs absolutely fried. I'm in Los Angeles for a month in April, so I might call in to Pat's workshop and see about picking up those power boards he's got on Ebay.

Comment

There’s a PVM 20L4 for sale in South Wales in the “Sony PVM/Bvm users” Facebook group. £350

That’s the one I have and it’s rad! Part of me wants it as a secondary monitor :/

Comment

L5 would be nice, that one does 480p.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          L5 would be nice, that one does 480p.
          Almost impossible to find in the uk though

Comment

20L4 is badass, there was an absolute minter about 10 miles from me less than 4 years ago for £180 & it just seemed too expensive

Comment

i managed to snag a smaller unit yesterday; a Sony PVM 14L4 - 800+ TVL at 14" is a sight to behold

Comment

So my PVM is back on my shelf and I'm gaming again with it. The trick seems to be not to have it on for more than two and a half hours and it's fine (touch wood). Obviously not ideal, but it's at least usable until I can send it up to Manchester.

Comment

800+ TVL at 14" is a sight to behold
                  Yeah. I'm missing mine now. I'm definitely going to go and see SavonPat about those two power boards.

I miss the microwaved eyeballs feeling after just fifteen minutes play.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                    So my PVM is back on my shelf and I'm gaming again with it. The trick seems to be not to have it on for more than two and a half hours and it's fine (touch wood). Obviously not ideal, but it's at least usable until I can send it up to Manchester.
                    Hey Strider, sorry to butt-in.

Do you know someone who can fix PVM's in Manchester?!

I've been looking all over the place to get mine fixed... After a loooong trawl through Google, I've only managed to find maybe a couple, but are mostly London based, so not quite as easy to transport.

Comment

Originally posted by VIP0R View Post
                      Hey Strider, sorry to butt-in.

Do you know someone who can fix PVM's in Manchester?!

I've been looking all over the place to get mine fixed... After a loooong trawl through Google, I've only managed to find maybe a couple, but are mostly London based, so not quite as easy to transport.
                      I know Arcade Club have a full time engineer who is the dog’s bollocks when it comes to CRTs. Might want to get in touch with Andy to see if they will offer a repair service.

Comment

I've joined the PVM club! I hope it's a decent one, seems ok to me, but I'm no expert. Does anyone know what's going on with that power cable? Looks like it'd just take a kettle lead or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch View Post
                          I've joined the PVM club! I hope it's a decent one, seems ok to me, but I'm no expert. Does anyone know what's going on with that power cable? Looks like it'd just take a kettle lead or something?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PVM-...p2047675.l2557
                          Congratulations! It’s an older unit, but the geometry looks superb on it! They take standard crt monitor cables.

Comment

Cheers! I just hope it holds together in transit!

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch View Post
                              Cheers! I just hope it holds together in transit!
                              Hope so - just make sure the seller double boxes it and raises it off the ground!

And make sure you get a scart to bnc RGB breakout lead. Would be a sin to feed it composite or svideo!

Comment

Hope so - just make sure the seller double boxes it and raises it off the ground!

And make sure you get a scart to bnc RGB breakout lead. Would be a sin to feed it composite or svideo!
                                Yeah I've been reading up on cables, definitely going rgb. Thanks for the boxing tips, he's not sending it for a couple of weeks so I'll definitley pass that on.

Comment

Working...
                                X