No announcement yet.

PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got a couple of 17” JVC monitors that only do composite and S-Video, which sounds a bit rubbish, but the composite output on them is absolutely incredible. I still use my 14” PVM’s mainly, but when I get the loft converted I’m going to put a JVC up there with my super gun attached for arcade goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Picked up a JVC TM-H1750CG last week.

I'm sure you have a man cave full of BVMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Based on what I’ve seen yep! Although [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION] haven’t you recently redone your set up?

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
          Based on what I’ve seen yep!

All I have is a minty Sony KV-25X5U that I managed to grab for £25. A nice upgrade over the 21" version that I bought a couple of years ago. I'm glad I haven't seen a PVM/BVM in action, as I'd probably not like the Trinitron so much.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-11-2020, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
            Based on what I’ve seen yep! Although [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION] haven’t you recently redone your set up?
            I’m Always fiddling around with the setup, but I usually try to get rid of something, when I get something new!

Comment

Haha - well a retro gamer can’t have enough crts ;-)

Comment

All I have is a minty Sony KV-25X5U that I managed to grab for £25. A nice upgrade over the 21" version that I bought a couple of years ago. I'm glad I haven't seen a PVM/BVM in action, as I'd probably not like the Trinitron so much.
                Still looking Leon? There is still stuff out there mate. I think you would be very impressed!

Comment

Still looking Leon? There is still stuff out there mate. I think you would be very impressed!
                  I'd want one a 20" PVM/BVM that's been recapped and doesn't have any issues, so I need to win the lottery. I'm happy with my Trinitron using RGB-Pi, but I might grab a PVM/BVM at some point.

Comment

I'd want one a 20" PVM/BVM that's been recapped and doesn't have any issues, so I need to win the lottery. I'm happy with my Trinitron using RGB-Pi, but I might grab a PVM/BVM at some point.
                    Here’s your chance Leon; put a hammer through your piggy bank and get some of those white fivers spent!

Comment

Here’s your chance Leon; put a hammer through your piggy bank and get some of those white fivers spent!
                      The look of that isn't my cup of tea at all.

This is more my style.

Comment

Not a PVM but I bought a consumer shadow mask set recently, hopefully it survives shipping. Cost more than my old 20M4E did back in 2015! If it does arrive intact it should prove to be a decent backup CRT for a little more than the cost of a PS5 game. Hopefully be able to post some pics then.

Comment

Ah man, think this one was a bust. Was well packaged but there seems to be something wrong with the RGB circuit, dodgy capacitor somewhere perhaps. Guess I'll have a peek inside for anything obvious but I don't have much hope.

Comment

Got my eye on a 1454 that has been keyworded up wrong in the listings. Very few views. Hoping I can snag it so that I can then transplant the PSU board into my stowed 14M4.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Ah man, think this one was a bust. Was well packaged but there seems to be something wrong with the RGB circuit, dodgy capacitor somewhere perhaps. Guess I'll have a peek inside for anything obvious but I don't have much hope.
                              Any luck? Sounds exactly like what was wrong with mine that I picked up when I first arrived here several years ago.

Comment

Nah, ended up replacing a transistor and some caps but that didn't make a change. Seems red is missing via RGB, but not composite. It's pretty weird, has to be something to do with the SCART daughterboard. Need a closer look but at this point it hardly seems worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X