PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Spotted a pair of KX-14CP1 on eBay for £225 and £275 respectively. Imagine paying that for a monitor from the mid 80s. Could have sworn my chassis said 95 though...
    The higher end stuff is now so sought after, that the prices are rising fast. I think 2016 was the cut off year....

Comment

Late 2015 is when I got the 20M4E I had for 20 quid so I think I agree with you there! Sold that on for 130 last year.

Comment

Late 2015 is when I got the 20M4E I had for 20 quid so I think I agree with you there! Sold that on for 130 last year.
        £130? You would get double that now easily!

Are you still using crts speedy?

Comment

Yeah still using my KX-14CP1! My CPS3 looks beautiful on it via my HAS supergun.

Comment

Yeah still using my KX-14CP1! My CPS3 looks beautiful on it via my HAS supergun.
            I noticed a few of those sets coming up recently - very nice indeed! I would hesitate adding it to my stockpile

Comment

I also spotted them when doing my daily scour. They've dropped it to £200.

Comment

Sure have! I’d probably try grab one of the cleaner ones if I drove.

Comment

I’m sticking with my 1081 commodore monitor. Not because of picture quality, just because it matches the other hardware. I reckon I could get a more pleasing image from the ossc and take up less desk space though. Might try it, take pics of both and open up voting on here for a laugh.

Comment

Bidding on a Barco SCM3240. Looks pristine.

Seeing as I have both a PS2 and a PCE on the way I'm going to pick up a free Sony KV-21T1D (black Trinitron) which can be relegated to a back-up once I get my BVM fixed.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 16-11-2018, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Bidding on a Barco SCM3240. Looks pristine.

Seeing as I have both a PS2 and a PCE on the way I'm going to pick up a free Sony KV-21T1D (black Trinitron) which can be relegated to a back-up once I get my BVM fixed.
                      Look like a beast of a thing, Dave. How you going to sneak that past the wife?

Comment

Up to €70 - how much are you hoping to get it for?

Comment

Missed it. It would have been waaaaay too big, anyways. It would have made for the perfect screen for some kind of DIY arcade cab project.

I picked up a Trinitron KV-21T1D for free. The geometry was cack until I had a fiddle: https://imgur.com/gallery/u04AcfZ Mobile pics, so not really representative, ECT.

There is some cut-off at the top which only a yoke adjustment will resolve. I'll sort that out once I take the back off for a clean this week some time. I'm definitely missing that 800 TVL, though.

The PS2 arrives this week, and the PCE is en route to the UK. Only an AES left to track down really, but I'm willing to wait until after we buy a house for that.

Comment

Is that so you can exchange the house for a few choice AES titles?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Missed it. It would have been waaaaay too big, anyways. It would have made for the perfect screen for some kind of DIY arcade cab project.

I picked up a Trinitron KV-21T1D for free. The geometry was cack until I had a fiddle: https://imgur.com/gallery/u04AcfZ Mobile pics, so not really representative, ECT.

There is some cut-off at the top which only a yoke adjustment will resolve. I'll sort that out once I take the back off for a clean this week some time. I'm definitely missing that 800 TVL, though.

The PS2 arrives this week, and the PCE is en route to the UK. Only an AES left to track down really, but I'm willing to wait until after we buy a house for that.
                              You made a cracking job of the geometry. Colour temp looks good too as any consumer trinitron I’ve ever had has had a blue push I couldn’t get rid off.

Comment

Convergence looks great too Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X