No announcement yet.

PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2x perfect condition Sony BVM 20F1E going for 850 euro near me. Naturally these pop up when I'm on my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      2x perfect condition Sony BVM 20F1E going for 850 euro near me. Naturally these pop up when I'm on my arse.
      You gotta brave the wok Dave and raid the TSB account. Once in a life time opportunity nowadays; these are the the best 4:3 crt you can get! 850? They are worth that now, each. Do they come with control units?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        Do they come with control units?
        Looks like it.

One screen is in a black enclosure/housing which is apparently quite rare. The other standard grey.

Comment

Is the calibration probe included with that lot too?

Comment

And another!

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Is the calibration probe included with that lot too?
            Yes, to both ads.

Comment

That's surprising. Took me ages to get my hands on one of those probes. I sold my 20F1E last year for £450 to a guy who was developing Speccy Next software.

Comment

These any good?

This baller has two for sale... It sucks not having any money.

Comment

Thats a decent set but I believe it was sold as a regular TV in Japan so might not be quite up there with the more pro oriented PVMs. Probably better looking for a 4:3 Loewe TV of that vintage.

Comment

That's surprising. Took me ages to get my hands on one of those probes. I sold my 20F1E last year for £450 to a guy who was developing Speccy Next software.
                    What a difference a year makes - probably would sell for double that now!

Comment

My latest set is which i got last week is a JVC DTV1710 multiformat broadcast crt. These are really, really nice crt monitors; the image is mint and very top end BVM like.

Comment

What a difference a year makes - probably would sell for double that now!
                        To be fair they were selling for a lot more then too but I wouldn't fleece a fellow gaming enthusiast.

My latest set is which i got last week is a JVC DTV1710 multiformat broadcast crt. These are really, really nice crt monitors; the image is mint and very top end BVM like.
                        I had a 20" JVC pro monitor a while back and it had a lovely picture. Used a Matsu****a tube unsurprisingly is it the same with your screen?

Comment

To be fair they were selling for a lot more then too but I wouldn't fleece a fellow gaming enthusiast.

I had a 20" JVC pro monitor a while back and it had a lovely picture. Used a Matsu****a tube unsurprisingly is it the same with your screen?
                          no i agree, but plenty of people on ebay certainly would. Pvms/bvms are now turning in to the golden fleece of the retro community whilst everyone tries to snap up whats left, before they are priced out of the market. I think this time next year will be worse than getting on the housing ladder.

I havent opened it up yet (need to remove antiglare at some point), but i read that theywere Mitsubishi tubes; its a 2007 manufacture date too. seriously razor sharp scanlines on it.

Comment

I havent opened it up yet (need to remove antiglare at some point), but i read that theywere Mitsubishi tubes; its a 2007 manufacture date too. seriously razor sharp scanlines on it.
                            Ah so it's likely to be a black diamond monitor tube then must be a high number of TV lines then?

Comment

Ah so it's likely to be a black diamond monitor tube then must be a high number of TV lines then?
                              Yep, 800TVL

Comment

Picked up a JVC TM-H1750CG last week. This is a really, really nice pro crt. 224/240p looks incredible.
                                Last edited by dvdx2; 13-11-2020, 18:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X