No announcement yet.

PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh, I suppose if I want a 14" PVM I should really stop putting it off and grab one sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Sigh, I suppose if I want a 14" PVM I should really stop putting it off and grab one sooner rather than later.
      Yeah, try to grab a decent one before the prices become really crazy. The same for people wanting a good CRT tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Yeah, try to grab a decent one before the prices become really crazy. The same for people wanting a good CRT tv.
        For sure, it's making me second guess going ahead with selling my 28" Trinitron now lol.

I've mostly moved to the OSCC but I still want at least one CRT in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          but I still want at least one CRT in the house.
          It's nice to have a reminder of how retro games should look. The OSSC does a great job of making really old games look nice on an LCD, but there's definitely something special about CRTs.

I'm happy with scalers and emulation(on my Pi) when I feel the image is doing the games justice. I want the image to look reasonably authentic, so I don't go for fancy filters and extreme sharpness.

Comment

Live any where near here this sale, Leon? Looks like a really nice unit.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              Live any where near here this sale, Leon? Looks like a really nice unit.
              Looks good, but it's 300 miles away.

Comment

Looks good, but it's 300 miles away.

Could be worse....

Official video forThe Proclaimers - "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" from the album 'Sunshine on Leith'LyricsWhen I wake up, well, I know I'm gonna beI'm gonna be ...

Comment

Could be worse....
                  The Proclaimers look a bit geeky -- I think they probably would walk 500 miles for a BVM

Comment

Damn, my PVM appears to be unfixable so I'm now looking to buy another one

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                        This is awesome! Was making a lovely Donkey Kong 9" cab out of mine until I realised I couldn't be arsed and flogged my 9"s.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

That is a truly excellent mod going on there. Sure I'm not the only one that'd pay good money for something like that.

Comment

Nice mod but the 9” pvms are very hard to game on, due to the screen size

Comment

picked up a superb condition PVM 14L2MD (medical white variant) yesterday - Manufacture date Jan 2004; also came fitted with a BKM 129x which is a module with an extra set of RGB /component BNC's. Beautiful image quality and has a dark tint tube, so there is some serious contrast pop! Looks like it has has hardly any useage as the unit is in pretty mint condition.

Comment

there is some serious contrast pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X