No announcement yet.

BPX024: Time to Say Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s new and shiny and NTSC-J, I’ll buy it.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      If it’s new and shiny and NTSC-J, I’ll buy it.
      So you won't be buying anything?

Comment

I really am starting to come around to the idea that within the next six or so months it'll be time to trade in the PS4 before it takes any major hit on value as I'm really doubtful about anything exclusive of worth hitting next year. Buying a PS5 just feels like a forgone conclusion at this point with Xbox being out the running and Switch already sorted so I don't mind the idea of having a PS5 early on as it's impossible not to get the moneys worth from the system over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          What about for you though? When do or if do you feel you'll say goodbye to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 as we march further and further towards Year 7 for both systems
          Haven't got a clue tbh. I'm playing less on PC which is likely to be a change from last gen to this one. Apart from the Wii and PS4 I haven't bought any other consoles at launch in the last two gens. I still haven't purchased a Switch and have loads to play across XBO, PS4 and PC.

The PS4 launch was a dud for me personally. I ended up with games I barely played and it wasn't until the Destiny Alpha that I felt the machine started to realise its potential.

Realistically PS5 and Nintendo makes sense as a combo, but with Game Pass I've found myself using my XBox One X quite a bit. And Game Pass plus backwards compatibility may mean an instant library from day one. I'd love to be able to reduce the number of machines I own but I suspect it's going to be hard to avoid the exclusives. So I'll probably end up with both machines although I'm not sure it makes sense at launch.

Comment

I’ll say goodbye as soon as the next version comes out, Xbox Two & PS5, there’s absolutely no point missing launch years and then playing catchup years later. Chances are PS5 will be backward compatible, at least with PS4, so I can shift onto that with the game I own already. Same with next Xbox, I’ll be able to shift my Xbox360/One library to it and continue playing.

We shall see today if Google throw a spanner in the works by releasing actual hardware and not some kind of streaming controller/stick, streaming with my current BB is great for 1080p streaming TV but 4K HDR gaming will be out of the question. My BB has been 7-10mb for 6 years now, I’m now more likely to die of old age before I see an upgrade in my area.

Comment

I’ve no interest in Microsoft anymore , this current gen couldn’t have been any worse , Halo , Gears and Forza aren’t enough of a reason to carry on supporting them . If it wasn’t for bw compatibility the onex wouldn’t been gone a long time ago

Comment

With a Switch, 1080Ti+Vive, and tons of retro to wade through I'm sorted until new Nintendo hardware hits; which is nice timing as I'm buying houses and cars currently.

Once the Switch2 has been out for a couple of years I'll upgrade the PC+VR.

Comment

It would be good if PS5 were BC, with some sort of boosting so it’s like a Pro Plus (yknow, sort of speeds everything up but makes you feel a bit sick at the same time).

That would make a launch purchase much likelier for me.

Comment

I can't remember playing any current-gen games on my One, it's mainly BC 360 games, and not everything works, so I've still kept the 360 connected up for the odd game like Katamari or Import Tuner Challenge.

I really loved the 360 and am gutted MS threw away any chance of being competitive from the moment it was announced.

Realistically, I don't care when the new consoles come out as I've got loads and loads to play.
                    I just hope they don't turn off support for games really quickly, as we're getting to the point where consoles will become disposable, rather than retro that you can play until they break.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      So you won't be buying anything?
                      Say what there?
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Say what there?
                        NTSC is not a thing any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          NTSC is not a thing any more.
                          Ha! Strangely enough, this wasn't quite what I meant. I just meant that region-restrictions are generally rare now.

But still, you are technically correct - the best kind of correct!

Comment

I only buy Japanese games because I only have a Japanese account. Region restrictions wouldn’t matter to me anyway.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                            X