No announcement yet.

Is this it? Is this what its all about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if life were a game and we're all grinding to level up but honing the wrong weapons due to our ignorance? I remember when I first got into RPGs and it took me quite a while to pay any attention to the genre and I did just that and after getting trounced in one confrontation I wised up and played different and then, like a lotus blooming in the dirt, the wonders of righteous effort did unfold as I sat there bathed in the glow.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      What if life were an RPG game and we're all grinding to level up but honing the wrong weapons due to our ignorance?
      I remember playing FFVIII and discovering that all the enemies level up as you do, so you should just run away from every single battle because making any effort is a complete waste of time.

That's life...
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-02-2018, 16:55.

Comment

Basically, everything is weird and nebulous and it's getting weirder and more nebulous as time goes on. It just depends on whether you can get your consciousness around it. Awareness can be a double-edged sword, a depressing, scary place but eventually an enlightening one.

It's a deeeeeep thread. So I write about crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I remember playing FFVIII and discovering that all the enemies level up as you do, so you should just run away from every single battle because making any effort is a complete waste of time.

That's life...
          Not without drawing all the magic from them first...

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            What say ye, my happy little bunnies?
            Your posts remind me of my younger self. Take that as you will but know it's not meant as a compliment or as a criticism - merely a statement. You often seem disappointed with humanity, with your fellow men. I recommend meditating, man. I would say that, I know, that's all I bloody say cos I'm a broken record but, yeah, it puts thoughts in perspective.

I'm gonna start a thread about philosophy and zen and meditation will be examined first. That's something to look forward to, right?

Comment

[MENTION=16623]Zen Monkey[/MENTION], replicashooter isn't ignoring you, he was banned from the forum whilst you were away.

Comment

Yeah, I read his latest thread.

Comment

I am looking forward to said thread!!!

I've got an idea. What if there is a thread where only Zen and RS are allowed to post in, RS can ONLY post in this thread, it's like a crazy cage or summat.

The idea is that Zen attempts to reform RS, rehabilitate him through the sacred arts of meditation. Once rehabilitation occurs, he is allowed to post on the forum on a 'one last chance' basis.

If rehabilitation does NOT occur? Then he shall be sent to the camps for processing

Comment

I think the message of the opening post is what troubles the Jack Nicholson character in As Good As It Gets. He wonders if this is all there is to life.

It's a shame RS got banned and I can't even see the last thread. He did like provoking people though.

Meditation is good but I'm not very good at it. I know there's different forms but I'm not well experienced. I miss out on life because I'm always thinking... Always and I just can't switch off. For example, I went extreme speedboating years ago and I can't swim. I was scared for my life, no joke as we weren't allowed to sit down and all throughout I was thinking of other problems in my life.

I've read and heard about mindfulness and it's currently in vogue as the solution to so many issues in life but my overactive brain won't let me be mindful. I was never like this tell about 12 years ago although I did always think too much. I wish I had a good teacher who could drill mindfulness into me. CBT doesn't seem to work for me either.
                    Last edited by monel; 10-07-2018, 00:41.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      I've got an idea. What if there is a thread where only Zen and RS are allowed to post in, RS can ONLY post in this thread, it's like a crazy cage or summat.

The idea is that Zen attempts to reform RS, rehabilitate him through the sacred arts of meditation. Once rehabilitation occurs, he is allowed to post on the forum on a 'one last chance' basis.
                      Brilliant!

Comment

You need to learn the knack of meditation. It's basically calm thinking. You need to let your mind wander from thought to thought without dwelling on anything. It took me a while to get it.
                        Mindfulness is much harder. You have to be aware of your thoughts and actions pretty much all the time, which I don't think is realistic. Worth trying and augmenting with good old 'learn from your mistakes'.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                          CBT doesn't seem to work for me either.
                          I know exactly what you mean. I found cock and ball torture bloomin' painful if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            I know exactly what you mean. I found cock and ball torture bloomin' painful if anything.
                            I think it's telling that that's what you immediately thought of...

It's a shame RS got banned and I can't even see the last thread. He did like provoking people though.
                            He set fire to the curtains to get attention one too many times.

Comment

It's a shame RS got banned
                              No, it really isn't. He long had it coming.

What is a shame is that the mods saw fit to condone his behaviour (posts with toxic racism, etc.) just because he occasionally started a half-decent thread about the PS2 or whatever.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-07-2018, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                You should be glad we're so tolerant...

I'll refund your blue subscription and we'll call it quits?

Comment

Working...
                                X