No announcement yet.

Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I meant for them, in terms of getting enough product out there. Seems crazy they have so much demand that they can't meet, it's leaving money on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      At least the Super NT will be back in stock soon. Been waiting for that for ages.
      Me too, but have they made a further announcement on this yet? I was wondering whether everything else would be held up for the same reasons (including the Duo). As they have orders to fulfil it would make sense for them to update on the Pocket first. I'm wondering when it comes to everything else whether we'll now just hear nothing for months, in true Analogue style.

Worldwide chip shortage and they don't have anywhere near the buying power of Apple, Samsung etc. Even massive car companies are struggling.

Comment

I get why folks are excited about Mister, but it's in danger of becoming the new "just get a raspberry pi!". It is a long way from being a boutique plug-and-play device

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I get why folks are excited about Mister, but it's in danger of becoming the new "just get a raspberry pi!". It is a long way from being a boutique plug-and-play device

Someone suggested similar in a discord server I'm in, tend to agree. MiSTer is no good if you want a handheld right now for one.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            boutique
            I'm enjoying FPGA NeoGeo, CPS/CPS-II and soon more Cave goodness far too much to be worried about having my arse dusted with talc!

Comment

I have had a look but with the misters gaming isnt mentioned in the description. What are all those boards for...one per system emulated? Sorry...being a right n00b.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                I have had a look but with the misters gaming isnt mentioned in the description. What are all those boards for...one per system emulated? Sorry...being a right n00b.
                If there were a board for each system it emulated it wouldn't be able to fit vertically within my room. I'd have to lay it down.

The bottom board is a powered USB hub for peripherals.
                The middle board is the DE10-Nano (the main FPGA board).
                The top board is the I/O board. This holds the analog video out, analog/optical audio out, a fan mount, and some buttons and LEDs to control the system like it's a little console.

These photos make it look huge, but it's tiny. The whole unit can hide behind a SNES pad, with room to spare.

I think there's a MiSTer thread. We should probably move over to that before getting our dicks out.

Comment

🤣 I will take a look!

Comment

“Mister” is what an angry wife would call you after you blew the monthly food budget on an FPGA contraption.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      “Mister” is what an angry wife would call you after you blew the monthly food budget on an FPGA contraption.
                      As it was my 40th it was either the monthly food budget on one of these or the monthly everything budget on a PRS guitar.

Comment

Heads up for ones that have been after one for a while,

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                          Heads up for ones that have been after one for a while,

Yeah saw that earlier as well
                          Does anyone who bought one last time know how much they come in at with postage & customs fees?

Need to see if I can realistically justify one

Neil

Comment

In gaming everything is realistically justifiable

Well you never know this release might pull the ones on ebay down a few quid.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if you could drop them a 20-spot to guarantee your name on a list instead of trying to refresh web pages that are under huge amounts of stress?

Why is it you can only pre-order digital products these days? Don't say COVID, this has been a thing for ages now.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                                In gaming everything is realistically justifiable

Well you never know this release might pull the ones on ebay down a few quid.
                                Lol you have a point

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Wouldn't it be nice if you could drop them a 20-spot to guarantee your name on a list instead of trying to refresh web pages that are under huge amounts of stress?

Why is it you can only pre-order digital products these days? Don't say COVID, this has been a thing for ages now.
                                If that's the case then it is highly unlikely I just won't bother
                                No way I'll be able to sit there refreshing trying to get one

As you say pre-ordering with a Non-refundable deposit would be fine & a much better way to manage the whole process

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X