No announcement yet.

Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up for people looking for this: Analogue will have restock of the Super NT in March/April as announced by their Twitter account.

Comment

In addition it looks as if they're going to make a conscious effort to protect their products from scalpers and botting.

Happy as I am to secure a Pocket it would be nice for their products to be available more readily, I'd consider other stuff if I didn't have to pre-order them.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
        Heads up for people looking for this: Analogue will have restock of the Super NT in March/April as announced by their Twitter account.
        How much were they last time?
        Also wasn't there horror stories about the import Duty?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          How much were they last time?
          Also wasn't there horror stories about the import Duty?

Neil
          The import duty thing was with the recent Nt Mini Noir, I don't think that should be a problem now. Just an unfortunate coincidence effectively caused by brexit.

The Super Nt RRP is $190 before extra fees.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            The import duty thing was with the recent Nt Mini Noir, I don't think that should be a problem now. Just an unfortunate coincidence effectively caused by brexit.

The Super Nt RRP is $190 before extra fees.
            Ah knew I'd read something

Holy crap they aren't badly priced then
            Any idea what the extra fees are?

Might try to get one if I can

Neil

Comment

I'm not sure I can wrap my head around the new system quite honestly. I think the business you're buying from should be collecting VAT at checkout which they then pay to our government as fees?

I bought an XStation a few days ago and the shipping charge stated that it included customs fees to the tune of $19 although that's only a $99 item... Would think no more than $250 all in - $300 tops. I could be wrong though, like I said I don't really grasp the new system too well.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 22-02-2021, 20:37.

Comment

I'm not sure I can wrap my head around the new system quite honestly. I think the business you're buying from should be collecting VAT at checkout which they then pay to our government as fees?

I bought an XStation a few days ago and the shipping charge stated that it included customs fees to the tune of $19 although that's only a $99 item... Would think no more than $250 all in - $300 tops. I could be wrong though, like I said I don't really grasp the new system too well.
                Oh those extras
                Sorry I thought you meant there were optional extras with the machine itself

It's cool I understand the way it works

I've signed up to be notified...same with the Duo & started following them on Twitter too so fingers crossed I'll get one this time

Neil

Comment

Any extras are on the console product page, seems to just be controller stuff and a DAC if you fancied hooking it up to a CRT.

We make products to celebrate and explore the history of video games with the respect it deserves.

Comment

In addition it looks as if they're going to make a conscious effort to protect their products from scalpers and botting.

Happy as I am to secure a Pocket it would be nice for their products to be available more readily, I'd consider other stuff if I didn't have to pre-order them.
                    Well you could argue that they have already been doing that for almost a year by having nothing at all for sale on their site, seriously Analogue must be the only company that has a store where everything has been sold out with no new stock at all for well over 6 months.

Its good that they are finally going to make their products more available in the future but it doesn’t change their absolute abysmal communication with their customers or them discontinuing products like the clear Super NT or the white Mega SG without any notice whatsoever

Comment

Great news the Super NT is coming back! I've wanted one since I bought a Mega SG (which I love!), but it's always been out of stock.

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                      Well you could argue that they have already been doing that for almost a year by having nothing at all for sale on their site, seriously Analogue must be the only company that has a store where everything has been sold out with no new stock at all for well over 6 months.

Its good that they are finally going to make their products more available in the future but it doesn’t change their absolute abysmal communication with their customers or them discontinuing products like the clear Super NT or the white Mega SG without any notice whatsoever
                      I can appreciate they're probably a small business who can't afford to hold lots of surplus stock and I believe their re-stocks were slowed down a lot by Covid, but yes, it would be nice if they could be a little more open. They behave like Apple or something, working under a veil of secrecy until making a big annoucement, but I'm not sure that's a good approach when you're a small business selling to a limited audience.

Comment

Yeah I'd definitely like a little more transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                          Great news the Super NT is coming back! I've wanted one since I bought a Mega SG (which I love!), but it's always been out of stock.

I can appreciate they're probably a small business who can't afford to hold lots of surplus stock and I believe their re-stocks were slowed down a lot by Covid, but yes, it would be nice if they could be a little more open. They behave like Apple or something, working under a veil of secrecy until making a big annoucement, but I'm not sure that's a good approach when you're a small business selling to a limited audience.
                          Yeah they’re definitely copying Apple in a lot of ways, especially with their pretentious marketing. But Apple are very good at communication and maintaining stock levels, when they make any product announcements those items are usually up for sale a week or two after the announcement and are rarely sold out a month after launch. Analogue on the hand took money for preorders for a product that wasn’t going to ship for almost a year, announced that they were changing a product months after it had completely sold out and was impossible for people to order one who would have first time around if they knew about the changes and have zero stock for almost all of their products for a good part of a year with zero communication and a Twitter feed just playing gifs of games that you cant play on their current systems. Analogue make amazing products and I am a huge fan, but the management of the company is an absolute joke. I understand that they are a small company that make niche products but Chinese factories have been running normally for the past 8 months so the components used are hardly high in demand ones so theres no reason why they cant get stock.

Comment

When do we reckon the new consoles could hit their site?

I was this close to buying one during Furlough 2020 but they were never in stocked when ever I looked. I've added the UK and Jap models to my email notification list, really intrested in buying one now.

Comment

On a seperate note, what is the best Flash Drive for the Mega Drive and as such, the Mega SG?

I've seen Terraonion have made this cart and it seems to have a good hostory, although I've not heard of them before.

Comment

Unless you're after Mega CD you're probably better off just sticking with the custom firmware for these devices. If that's what you're after I'd look at the Mega EverDrive PRO.

Comment

Working...
                                X