Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Unfortunately, our downstairs TV doesn't support the ultra-low latency mode (Four scanlines of display latency over HDMI). I'm pretty certain an LG CX will, so once that's been sorted out I'll get another MiSTer for downstairs - certainly before I think about either a PS5 or an XSX, or even a new Switch.
    I picked up a LG CX during the 10% off promotion recently. I was surprised at how noticeable the difference is with the low latency setting is versus my old E6. It really is CRT like in its responses.

Comment

Super NT and Mega SG are both back in stock and haven't instantly be snapped up by the scalpers!

I wonder whether the scalpers have decided they aren't a lucrative purchase, or if Analogue have done something to stop them (or maybe they just have a LOT of stock!).

The site certainly seemed to work a lot better than last time though. I went through the checkout process very smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
        Super NT and Mega SG are both back in stock and haven't instantly be snapped up by the scalpers!

I wonder whether the scalpers have decided they aren't a lucrative purchase, or if Analogue have done something to stop them (or maybe they just have a LOT of stock!).

The site certainly seemed to work a lot better than last time though. I went through the checkout process very smoothly.
        A few years ago when Analogue had me interested, I would've got one (the Super NT) but as mentioned before it proved impossible to get hold of thanks to eager buyers and scalpers.
        Now, I've lost all interest...
        Since I got my MiSTer it does much more.

I'm still after an Analogue Pocket though!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
          A few years ago when Analogue had me interested, I would've got one (the Super NT) but as mentioned before it proved impossible to get hold of thanks to eager buyers and scalpers.

QFT.

I still think that the Super Nt and Mega Sg are fine products but my desire for owning either of them has waned somewhat.

Would love me an Analogue Pocket (and an Analogue Duo!) but I fear that they will be the next Analogue hardware that gets consistently eaten up by scalpers.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post

Exactly this!

Comment

I'm on the cusp of ordering the Super NT right now.

I only have a PC and do all my gaming on it (Both retro and modern) and have no consoles under the TV, I do have a Switch but it's handheld only. I had a moment earlier today where both the PS5 and Analogue Super NT and Mega SG all came in stock, and I thought I really don't want a PS5 as there's nowt yet to play on it so chose the MD and SNES over the PS5! But now I'm stuck consdering do I want to play Super Mario World or Sonic the Hedgehog on the main TV more?

Honestly, I can't quite decide!

Comment

Why not a Mister in one of those swanky aluminium cases?

Comment

I took a look at a Mister but after 20 minutes of reading up, it felt I'll have to research where best to buy components or pay more for a built model, it’ll require some setup, it doesn’t allow the play of all systems nor games as it's being built upon and it costs more. It seems promising but not yet fully formed.

And for playing under the TV, it felt either a Pi4 is more fully featured but requires some setup or a console or Analogue console is relatively plug and play.

I won’t discount the Mister but it seems it’s a bit of a way off software emulation currently is nor is it as bullet prof as a single system FGPA setup is.

Comment

Mister seems bulletproof for SNES and mega drive to me but it's not as pretty as the analogue devices and does need some setup.

Comment

I think I'm going to stop bemoaning the "buy a MiSTer" crowd if it's going to reduce demand for Analogue stuff. More opportunity for me to grab a DUO whenever they roll around!

Comment

I wonder what all the bUy A mIsTeR folks have done with those Raspberry PIs they kept telling everyone to buy a couple of years back.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I wonder what all the bUy A mIsTeR folks have done with those Raspberry PIs they kept telling everyone to buy a couple of years back.
                          Using them to emulate a Roland MT-32 and a Commodore 1541 floppy drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Mister seems bulletproof for SNES and mega drive to me but it's not as pretty as the analogue devices and does need some setup.
                            As a comparison, did you buy all the parts yourself or did you buy an all in one package that’s pre-built? And if you don’t mind me asking, what was the total cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                              As a comparison, did you buy all the parts yourself or did you buy an all in one package that’s pre-built? And if you don’t mind me asking, what was the total cost?
                              Bought all parts myself.

£180 will get you the minimum for playing SNES and Megadrive:

A DE-10 Nano FPGA - £130
                              A nicely stackable USB Hub - £20
                              A PSU - £30

Then just use an HDMI cable and any USB stick you have lying about.

I got some extras for mine:

A 128MB RAM expansion (so I can play every Neo Geo game. Some other cores need between 32 and 128MB extra ram, Neo does for a few games, Amiga might make use too, not sure) - £50ish
                              An I/O board so I can get VGA/SRGB Scart out to a CRT £50ish
                              A Heatsink - £10
                              An MT32-Pi - To get MT-32 audio on 486 and Amiga

An 8bit Do TurboGrafx wireless pad - £12

I use the two PSOne pads that come with the Playstation Classic for games needing more than 2 buttons.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the detailed break down [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]

I'm still eyeing up the Analogue consoles and despite thinking about it non stop during my lunchtime walk, afternoon at work and after cutting the front and back garden and now sitting on our patio with a G&T, I still can't ****ing decide!

Mister makes a lot of sense but it's a mini PC (To all intents and purposes) and I feel like a plug and play console under the TV would be nice. Also, with just 1 system, you're not liable to endless scroll through Roms and not play anything.

Hmm, decisions, decisions!

Comment

Working...
                                X