Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Yeah saw that earlier as well
    Does anyone who bought one last time know how much they come in at with postage & customs fees?

Need to see if I can realistically justify one

Neil
    I seem to remember customs fees being around £50 on the Mega SG. I presume they're similarly priced.

Comment

I only hope they're getting a LOT of these in! It was in stock for quite a long time last time, as was the Mega SG. Hopefully that will be the case here and they don't just have a tiny shipment!

Comment

They did have plenty before, you're right. They should definitely take orders though in order to anticipate demand.

Comment

Theres probably going to be major shortages for the rest of the year due to the lack of chips. Same problem for a lot of the console mods as well like the DC Digital and PS Digital HDMI mods which is a bummer. I wanted to get the Analogue Duo when it comes out but Im expecting that to be sold out instantly thanks to scalpers using bots.

Comment

I unsuccessfully tried and failed to get a Analogue Super NT twice.
            F*ck the bot scalpers!
            In hindsight, it might be the best thing that has happened to me.
            My Antonio Villena MiSTer FPGA system can do a lot more than just Super Famicom/Nintendo! ��

Comment

I probably sound like a broken record but I can't my head around why anyone would want a £200 pirate clone system.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                I probably sound like a broken record but I can't my head around why anyone would want a £200 pirate clone system.
                But it isn't though, its not like a Raspberry Pi or SNES Classic and MegaDrive Mini all in one unit.

It's the actual hardware made better as it supports both HDMI and VGA at once and can do alot more.

Comment

It's not real though is it, gamers have been snake oiled by FPGA. Sure it's the best fake there is, that I will give it. Emulation no, let's call it "simulation". Mister is a really cool device, but these Analogue clones, pass.

Comment

I was on about MiSTer by the way! Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      HDMI innit. Or just having something 'nice', mixed with FOMO and mass hysteria.

It'd need native analog-out before I'm interested, plus I'd need a ton of expensive and hard-to-find SNES carts again for that authenticity factor. My boy prefers the real carts.

There's no denying that the original SFC/SNES, even the 1-CHIP revisions, have issues with the video unless you perform a series of mods. It's even more of a question mark for me when we talk about the Mega SG, as there's nothing wrong with the original Mega Drive besides aging components - which is a problem with everything ever to exist (and yet to exist) anyway.

Comment

I'm with you there, I was mulling this the other day and thought the only Analogue systems with any utility are the upcoming Duo as the PC Engine CD Rom systems are failing and the handheld. Otherwise gamers and there cash easily parted.

Comment

My MegaSG is probably my favourite console these days. Yes I have a modded Japanese model 1 MD with a new old stock M-CD 2 but the MegaSG looks so good on my modern TV and the sound is sensational. With the added benefit of playing Master System, Game Gear and SG-1000 games too I would argue it is actually good value. The MegaSD cart gives me access to the Mega-CD library too but that's not such good value really but does mean not relying on old worn out laser mechs.

Comment

I'm the same, I've got an old B&O CRT and the original consoles, stepdowns, everdrives, even a Framemeister, but for convenience I have loved having the MegaSG connected up to an LCD TV with the 8bitdo wireless 6 button pads. I've got a SuperNt inbound and love the idea of a zero faff setup under the TV in the front room that has the SNES and MD library accessible.

Comment

The other thing is that all of the consoles of the past were, basically, toys for children that were made to hit a certain price point. It seems to me that there's plenty of room to create a version that can deliver better video and audio than those were able to (which would appear to be borne out by what Dave's been saying about how his Mister creams his 1CHIP).

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
                                I'm the same
                                Same here. I'm rediscovering my love for gaming through the MiSTer. I'd be the same if had a SuperNT/MegaSG.

Not having to make compromises/tweaks/faff with software emulation is such a revelation. I can actually enjoy the games instead of constantly worrying about having something not quite set up perfectly.

Unfortunately, our downstairs TV doesn't support the ultra-low latency mode (Four scanlines of display latency over HDMI). I'm pretty certain an LG CX will, so once that's been sorted out I'll get another MiSTer for downstairs - certainly before I think about either a PS5 or an XSX, or even a new Switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X